Burning Embers: Good or Bad?

100 Human Warlock
I have always played a Destro Lock so I am fairly familiar with them. I wouldn't complain if I didn't think there was an issue. So to get right to it, the question is:

Are Burning Embers a good system or bad?

In my opinion they are a good system but need some tweaking. My main issues are as follows:

1. They take a very long time to regen against one opponent.

2. Even if you build up 4 burning embers before a big boss fight, by the time the strats are explained for the fight they have been reduced to 1.

Without burning embers a destro warlock will not be the top dps in any fight. We have to have them to use our most powerful spells. What I see as the problem is they regen so slow against one opponent we never really get to have a good rotation implementing them.

I think they need a bit of a buff. No de-generation out of combat. Instead, during combat they should regen slowely just as a passive. That right there would fix them.
Reply Quote
What I see as the problem is they regen so slow against one opponent we never really get to have a good rotation implementing them.

I think they need a bit of a buff. No de-generation out of combat. Instead, during combat they should regen slowely just as a passive. That right there would fix them.

Regeneration is at its lowest right now. It will get faster with more crit and more haste. Combining those two things, I could see Destro generating +50% or +70% more Embers at the end of the expansion than they do right now.

But you're right. Most most meta-resources either generate very quickly (Chi, Holy Power) or don't degrade out of combat (Shadow Orbs, Soul Shards). It would be nice to see them not degrade out of combat, and have a "resting state" of 1 Ember that will build while OOC to stay balanced in Arena.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]