Mages need a nerf

100 Blood Elf Paladin
It's not so bad when you a) learn ur class b) learn the other class. Then you realize when the opponent will do such spells so that you can counter. Basically, L2P. hashtag you'll only live once
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
It took rogues being "amazing" to have a fair mage duel. The way I remember it at the end of Cata an 85 mage vs. an 85 rogue in full gear was pretty balanced. If the mage wasted ice block or blinked too soon to get stuck in a full kidney shot they would most likely lose because they had a bad duel. If the rogue didn't use his CDs effectively he would lose because he had a bad duel. If they both had a good duel it was anyones game.
When I dueled the 87 mage (im 89) he blinked when he didn't even need to, he ice blocked at a random time, no poly, no ring of frost, nothing special. I caught him in a kidney shot and barely broke ice barrier and I evenually lost after using my last CD and being a sitting duck.
Five minutes later I can duel an 87 pally and just play around with him. Minimal CDs if any and watch him try to heal to hold on to his dwindling hp bar.

I don't mind rogue vs. mage to be hard. I think it is fun to have a difficult duel because I come out happy if I win.

I know all you mages think the contrary. If your going to take an honest view from a rogue perspective and say "learn your class" or some other troll then thats up to you.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
10/11/2012 07:04 AMPosted by Dumbleditz
Cause posting to the Mage Forum is supposed to get no replys from Mages?
They're warriors... Their mindset is drool on the keyboard and win. if that doesn't work proceed to full face-smashing into keyboard.

Hulk smaaaash!!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
10/11/2012 10:07 PMPosted by Halicor
It took rogues being "amazing" to have a fair mage duel.

Rumour has it that it took rogues being "amazing" for you to be considered half way okay at PvP....

Sounds like it's a you problem.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Ive got like 30k more honorable kills than you do so.....
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
farming BGs does not make you good so...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Just came out of a BG where a Warrior smacked me for the following and I died within seconds..

Melee - 9796
Overpower - 47064
Heroic Strike - 83140 (Critical)
Melee - 40075 (Critical)
Opportunity Strike - 8885
Opportunity Strike - 8819
Shockwave - 82338 (Critical)

Is this normal for a Warrior to be critting as much as this, and for such high amounts? I expect this from a Mage, yet we wear cloth, not a freaking Warrior in Plate.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
To the level 89 rogue vs 87 mage issue. At level 87 mages are good i will admit it at 88 they start to drop and 89 drop some more as far as crits go. The numbers catch up to us and they do not start to add up right until about lvl 90 with some gear from what i am told. I will admit i have no idea about rogue numbers and when they start to drop but if its anything like mages you will notice it.

My frost bomb crits just about got cut in 1/4 when i hit 88. Ice lance crits as well. I would almost bet if you attack him at level 88 or 89 your fight would have been a bit more favorable for you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
^ lol. Someone says mages need a nerf and it gets 5 mages replying.

I would like to add my thoughts on rogue vs. mage mechanics. I dueled an 87 horde mage just now and lost with all my CDs. That shouldn't happen. He wasn't even that good. Here is how it goes:

-I am not stop stunned or slowed
-I have to time my defensive CDs (cloak of shadows, smoke bomb, vanish, prep) just so I can get over to him to do any dmg
-If I get to him ice barrier is up (what does it absorb like 60-80k now?)
-If I break ice barrier I am slowed, stunned, kited again
-If I happen to break ice barrier or stun him he has blink or ice block

If he can kite me long enough for me to slowly and timely use my CDs then I am a sitting duck. This is how it worked before (which sucked) but now ice barrier is ridiculous. especially now that they have more slows (frostjaw at the least).

I suggest a CD on ice barrier that is long enough for me to break it, get stunned/kited, catch up to him and do dmg. Or reducing the amount of dmg it absorbs. I mean who wants to spend all their energy breaking ice barrier just so they can cast it again when you catch up the second time. If I have to break it twice before I do any dmg I could be doing over 100k dmg before I touch them.
CD is 25 seconds. You also have a pretty good opener which should break IB. You also can restealth and do your opener multiple times. Most mages don't even spec into frost jaw btw. (if they're any good)
Reply Quote
Got Frost bombed in arena for a 128k crit..

Not even mad I am kinda impressed actually lol.

Highest ive got in arena is 2 198k chaos waves running sacrifice spec.
Reply Quote
lol warrior saying nerf mages.. mages are in a good spot atm not too op but yet execute hits for 200k+ yep warriors are up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Given my experiences vs warriors in 3s today....

You have no, NO room to complain anymore.

At all.

This. Warriors have almost total uptime on a mage right now, especially if they get dispelled at all. Put another melee in there and it's your fault you are losing. Train mage = worthless mage
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Mage
Wow....this thread started by a non-rogue. I AM impressed.
Reply Quote
10/10/2012 09:58 PMPosted by Declanh
for 30secs or something like that

You mean 3-5 seconds if correctly timed?
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
10/12/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Lightfool
CD is 25 seconds. You also have a pretty good opener which should break IB. You also can restealth and do your opener multiple times. Most mages don't even spec into frost jaw btw. (if they're any good)

Exactly the cd is 25 seconds. You cast ice barrier -> I open. If I stun you blink, cast frostbolt or get hit from pet, im slowed. If I don't stun, I get rooted, you get away. If I cast cloak of shadows and sprint then I will get just enough dmg to break ice barrier and then be slowed or rooted again one CD down and its time to cast ice barrier again. Your right I can vanish and reopen. If you blinked its already off CD if you didn't blink then you still have it.

The point is I have to waste my CDs just to get to you. By the time I get to you I am fighting ice barrier. If I happen to get to you AND break ice barrier, you have blink and ice block. If you ice block you have plenty of time to get those short CDs back up.

If I don't use my CDs i stay rooted or slowed and you freecast. We all know what happens if you let a mage freecast on you.

If I spec into preparation, I have two vanishes, two cloak of shadows, and one smoke bomb

I invite you guys to give a scenario where the rogue wins. But we all know that in every perfect scenario the mage wins. The rogue has to play well and the mage has to screw up at some point for a win to actually happen. If both screw up, the mage still wins.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
10/12/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Cinistar
To the rogue complaining in our forums. You can just pick any forum you want to go vent because everyone is going to slap you around this season. Your class is broke. Mages are not to blame for that.

Rogues aren't broken. Even when rogues are on the lower end of the class hierarchy I don't get smacked around. People just get tired of having to try harder than the others and go roll a mage lol.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Only reason why any of these mages play one because they know they won't see one nerf because Ghostcrawler mains one. Glad you guys are getting buffed and every other class is getting nerfed. Please tell me when you guys play something other than mage.
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Tyraheal
Only reason why any of these mages play one because they know they won't see one nerf because Ghostcrawler mains one. Glad you guys are getting buffed and every other class is getting nerfed. Please tell me when you guys play something other than mage.

No arena achievements. Almost no BG(not that bgs even mean anything) achievements. You have absolutely no room to talk about anything needing a nerf.
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 05:04 PMPosted by Halicor
To the rogue complaining in our forums. You can just pick any forum you want to go vent because everyone is going to slap you around this season. Your class is broke. Mages are not to blame for that.

Rogues aren't broken. Even when rogues are on the lower end of the class hierarchy I don't get smacked around. People just get tired of having to try harder than the others and go roll a mage lol.

Btw kiddo, rogues ARE broken. The problem exists within your class...and you I suppose since your pvp experience is lacking.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]