Annoying "pinging" noise

90 Pandaren Monk
Does anyone else have a little "ping" noise go off on their monk during and after combat at random times?

It's really annoying.

What causes it?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's the noise that Mana Tea makes when it gets another charge. I too wish we could turn that noise off.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Tigereye Brew.

I was wondering wtf it was, so I started paying more attention. The ping would happen when I'd get 1 stack of Tigereye Brew. I've gotten used to it, though. I don't hear it anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
it's whatever brew your spec uses. Mana Tea, Tigereye Brew, I forget what the Brewmaster has
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I like it, as if the monk is popping the cork off of another stiff drink.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/11/2012 04:11 AMPosted by Mayliene
it's whatever brew your spec uses. Mana Tea, Tigereye Brew, I forget what the Brewmaster has
Elusive Brew.
Reply Quote
I dont think that sound is that bad really. I hate the chi wave sound more.

"Ok who's spell set the fireworks bucket off"
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I don't mind it. It helps me keep track of mana tea stacks without paying attention to the buff bar.

Heard it twice? Drink. Repeat.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Wait a minute, that "ting" is from me?

Man, every time I hear it, I think it's the start of the Heroism sound, and I start going "WHAT. THE BOSS IS AT 92%. WHY NOW"

I know the Purifying Brew is more of an uncorking sound, not a ping, so it's not that. Also, OP isn't talking about Mana Tea- take a look at his specs. Windwalker and N/A. So whatever it is, Windwalker can trigger it too.
Edited by Wisemuffins on 10/11/2012 8:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
It's the sound of the manatee.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk

Man, every time I hear it, I think it's the start of the Heroism sound, and I start going "WHAT. THE BOSS IS AT 92%. WHY NOW"

I know the Purifying Brew is more of an uncorking sound, not a ping, so it's not that. Also, OP isn't talking about Mana Tea- take a look at his specs. Windwalker and N/A. So whatever it is, Windwalker can trigger it too.

lmao
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock

Elusive Brew, Tigereye Brew, and Mana Tea each make this "ping" sound when they gain a charge. Using these charges has a different sound, as does Purifying brew, but gaining a charge generates precisely the sound he is describing (ok, I would describe it more as a "poink", but w/e), and does so for any of the 3 specs.
Edited by Daerius on 10/11/2012 10:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
79 Pandaren Monk
Just play with the sound off like most people :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Getting this on my mage and cant get it to go away
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Just so you guys know.... If you are in a group (LFR, SOo Norm, Heroic, ETc...) When your group is qued up for new players to fill, and they put in their "Application" for raid leader to review... That annoying !@# noise is from that. If its happening outside of a group, i dont know. Buts its very annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
10/11/2012 08:11 AMPosted by Bobmuffins

Well this is why you play horde, as bloodllust sounds like someone going "grawblegrawblegrawblegrable".

The brew ting sound is the class specific "mini-cooldown" brew, aka Elusive, Tigereye, Mana Brews, that aren't cooldowns like Fortifying or Purifying.

Anyway this sound is fine for me, but the pew pew fireworks from chi wave are really dumb.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]