5.1 Cinematics.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
But they stood aside and watched as you did.

It's called "sin of omission".

You mean like Velen watching Archimonde and KJ sign up with Sargeras was?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Glorious.
Reply Quote
But they stood aside and watched as you did.

It's called "sin of omission".

You mean like Velen watching Archimonde and KJ sign up with Sargeras was?

Last I checked, Velen took the Draenei who agreed with him and LEFT.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
10/11/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Vyrin
First, Varian openly attacked Thrall in WotLK, even after Thrall also lead forces into the Undercity to root out the Forsaken rebels that plague bombed Scourge, Alliance, and Horde troops. That's pretty much an open declaration of war, and Jaina had the sense to freeze and teleport Varian out.

If that's an open declaration of war how are the Horde invasions and attacks on Alliance territory not?

What attacks are you thinking of?

Alliance has parallels. Again look at Warsong and Alterac.

Orcs invade Ashenvale for lumber, Cenarius thinks they are Legion-allied and leads Nelves to attack them. Grom's orcs drink demon-blood and kill Cenarius. Nelves keep attacking to get orcs out of their sacred forests and orcs keep staying for the lumber, feeling justified for taking resources from an aggressive foreign people. To this day we have a territorial dispute between the Horde's orcs wanting resources and the Night Elves wanting to defend a spiritual land. Both sides have been established in Ashenvale from before Classic Alliance and Horde made an uneasy cease fire.

The Alterac Valley was home to the Frostwolves, the Stormpike Dwarves settled in the area to look for titan artifacts and natural resources, and their activities upset local the elements. The Shamanistic Frostwolves retaliate and attack the Stormpikes.

So you see, they are parallel cases. Each involve a force entering a land for resources, only to disrupt spiritual ground and territorial boundaries of a group currently living there.

The entire Forsaken v Human conflict is born from the two groups having ancestral claims to Lordaeron, yet being unable to live together.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
10/11/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Vegdrasil
Varian asks Thrall to deliver said orcs, Thrall says "Can't, didn't happen," and Varian declares open war.
Varian didn't declare war on the Horde in reprisal.

I said "apparently" because I don't own the novel, and didn't want to claim something as truth. That paragraph is what I've gathered on the internet, which could be wrong. Do you own it?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, better get all dressed up, cause its about to hit the fan.
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Silvurn
Varian asks Thrall to deliver said orcs, Thrall says "Can't, didn't happen," and Varian declares open war.

I read The Shattering recently and what Thrall does say is that, even if Horde orcs did it, he wouldn't deliver them and not even condemn their actions, because he could understand why they'd do it.

Yeah.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/11/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Gollard
Im still waiting to see that Kul Tiras fleet landing on Pandaria.... but i have a feeling i will be waiting a looooooooooong time.

A Kul Tiras flet will show up in another expansion, loaded with refugees since the island was taken over by the Zandalari and murlocs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/11/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Heon

I read The Shattering recently and what Thrall does say is that, even if Horde orcs did it, he wouldn't deliver them and not even condemn their actions, because he could understand why they'd do it.

Yeah.

Thrall actually says that? 0_0
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The Alliance cinematic was sweet.

Inb4 they all get mercilessly slaughtered and we lose every major engagement.

B-but the cinematic was cool, I guess!
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 06:08 PMPosted by Kynrind

Yeah.

Yup.

The worst part is that Jaina answers "I understand you".

I threw the book away, then. Christie Golden may be a decent writer, but her Thrall fanboyism is staggering.
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 06:29 PMPosted by Heon

Actually, Jaina was pretty mad.

I forgot what Eltrigg said though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
10/11/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Kynrind
Im still waiting to see that Kul Tiras fleet landing on Pandaria.... but i have a feeling i will be waiting a looooooooooong time.

A Kul Tiras flet will show up in another expansion, loaded with refugees since the island was taken over by the Zandalari and murlocs.

Probably this or something 10 times worse will happen.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
10/11/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Silvurn
To this day we have a territorial dispute between the Horde's orcs wanting resources and the Night Elves wanting to defend a spiritual land. Both sides have been established in Ashenvale from before Classic Alliance and Horde made an uneasy cease fire.

Which the Horde ignored and continued to attack into Vanilla. This is why we have Warsong Gulch.

The Alterac Valley was home to the Frostwolves, the Stormpike Dwarves settled in the area to look for titan artifacts and natural resources, and their activities upset local the elements. The Shamanistic Frostwolves retaliate and attack the Stormpikes.

Again, not what happened. You were right up until "upsetting the local elements." This didn't happen. Dwarves were there, Orcs attacked them without prior provocation. That's Horde aggression.

10/11/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Silvurn
The entire Forsaken v Human conflict is born from the two groups having ancestral claims to Lordaeron, yet being unable to live together.

No, the entire Forsaken v Human conflict is born from the Forsaken being genocidal psychopaths who want to eradicate humanity. Besides, they have no ancestral claim to Lordaeron.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
10/11/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Lorelaî

Whaaaaa?!

Where did you hear this?

Mmo-champ, I'm just speculation, but no other faction leader has a large connection with Outland, except Garrosh.

But screw that orc.

Velen. He lived there for what? 200 years?
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 06:08 PMPosted by Kynrind

Yeah.

No.

He said that he would condemn them for breaking the treaty but nothing more since he understood that it would be politically unsound to call them out for actions many of the Orcs would be sympathetic towards.
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 06:45 PMPosted by Arbiter

Actually, Jaina was pretty mad.

I forgot what Eltrigg said though.

She was pretty mad but then said "I understand you" anyway.

That is, she pushed down her anger because she felt she shouldn't feel it because Thrall was right.

Eitrigg said Thrall should mate with Jaina.

No.

He said that he would condemn them for breaking the treaty but nothing more since he understood that it would be politically unsound to call them out for actions many of the Orcs would be sympathetic towards.

In other words:

He wouldn't condemn them from skinning Night Elven Sentinels alive because he understood why they did it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Posted by Silvurn

No, the entire Forsaken v Human conflict is born from the Forsaken being genocidal psychopaths who want to eradicate humanity. Besides, they have no ancestral claim to Lordaeron.

Just to remind you that the humans were willing to stand alongside the Forsaken - see Garithos, who accepted to side with Sylvanas against the Scourge as long as Capital City was human-only. It was Sylvanas who betrayed him.

And the Forsaken do have ancestral claim: they lived there.

Oh God this turned into a Lordaeron thread D:
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
10/11/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Tienzan
The Alliance thematic just shows the might of a United Alliance. It shows that the Alliance will win not through strength but through preparation and better weapons and armor. They also brought the big guns within their ranks....
Erm...a ton of humans with a token dwarf and gnome does not = united alliance. I would have liked to see the other races represented in some way. Unless the 7th was supposed to be the focus of this patch Alliance-side.

Just felt the cinematic would have had a stronger effect if we had seen some Night Elf sentinels coming up the shore alongside the soldiers and tanks, and some Draenei priests and vindicators alongside them too.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
10/11/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Agrina
The Alliance thematic just shows the might of a United Alliance. It shows that the Alliance will win not through strength but through preparation and better weapons and armor. They also brought the big guns within their ranks....
Erm...a ton of humans with a token dwarf and gnome does not = united alliance. I would have liked to see the other races represented in some way. Unless the 7th was supposed to be the focus of this patch Alliance-side.

Just felt the cinematic would have had a stronger effect if we had seen some Night Elf sentinels coming up the shore alongside the soldiers and tanks, and some Draenei priests and vindicators alongside them too.

All we will see is....

STORMWIND THE LAST HUMAN KINGDOM!!!!!

No other races

No non Stormwind Humans unless they are refugees living in Stormwind and marked as Stormwind humans giving up and heritage from their former lands.

And we all know there will be no Draenei or Worgen to be seen. Not even a Human with a Gilnean accent will be spotted...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]