5.1 Cinematics.

I needa start working on PvE...
Reply Quote
I like how they use the music from the one cutscene in Warcraft 3 that has the Alliance and Horde armies charging at one another. A nice touch.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I'm surprised the alliance are not running and falling down and running into eachother to this music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PBptSDIh8.

You know,the way the lore devs intended us to be since 4.0.

That might be in part 2 of the Cinematic.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
10/11/2012 07:19 PMPosted by Katarn
I like how they use the music from the one cutscene in Warcraft 3 that has the Alliance and Horde armies charging at one another. A nice touch.

I hope the make another cinematic with the Warcraft 2 human theme playing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm surprised the alliance are not running and falling down and running into eachother to this music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PBptSDIh8.

You know,the way the lore devs intended us to be since 4.0.

Don't be silly.

This works much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
To this day we have a territorial dispute between the Horde's orcs wanting resources and the Night Elves wanting to defend a spiritual land. Both sides have been established in Ashenvale from before Classic Alliance and Horde made an uneasy cease fire.

Which the Horde ignored and continued to attack into Vanilla. This is why we have Warsong Gulch.

The Alterac Valley was home to the Frostwolves, the Stormpike Dwarves settled in the area to look for titan artifacts and natural resources, and their activities upset local the elements. The Shamanistic Frostwolves retaliate and attack the Stormpikes.

Again, not what happened. You were right up until "upsetting the local elements." This didn't happen. Dwarves were there, Orcs attacked them without prior provocation. That's Horde aggression.

10/11/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Silvurn
The entire Forsaken v Human conflict is born from the two groups having ancestral claims to Lordaeron, yet being unable to live together.

No, the entire Forsaken v Human conflict is born from the Forsaken being genocidal psychopaths who want to eradicate humanity. Besides, they have no ancestral claim to Lordaeron.

On Alterac, I can't find the link, it's gone from wowpedia and wowwiki, but I remember reading somewhere that the actions of the Stormpikes were upsetting the local elements. I didn't make that up, but because I can't find it I'll drop it.

Still, Dwarven encroachment into a region they believed was theirs. So Really the Stormpike v Frostwolf is a territorial dispute both think they have claim to.

And on Ashenvale, Night Elves attacked first. Av- Frostwolves attacked first.

So we have parallels.
Ashenvale- Violent NElf aggression towards Orcish encroachment.
AV- Violent Orc Agression towards Dwarven encroachment.

As for Lordaeron- Come on. You know where the Forsaken came from. You know where they lived in life.
Edited by Silvurn on 10/11/2012 9:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
What surprises me is that the horde and alliance cutscenes are, basically, mirror images of each other. I was really hoping for something that showcased the differences in horde/alliance military strategy. Example: The Horde's assault on Pandaria is much more ferocious and numerous, like... well... a horde of angry berserkers. The Alliance assault on the other hand would be more uniform and disciplined, more Roman Legion/professional soldiers. Passion v. Discipline.

my $0.02
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]