Bugged UI

90 Night Elf Monk
I'm having an issue with my UI, and it's making me literally unable to use any spells. I can chat and move around just fine, but everything else is a no go. The quest that bugged me is the Mental Training one in Hyjal.

Now I'm stuck and can't do anything.
:(
Reply Quote
48 Pandaren Monk
Have you tried a /resetui ?

That will reset changes to your UI, and can clear things like that up a lot of times.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I've tried that, and my bar is still stuck with the thumb up, thumb down and orb. :<
Reply Quote
48 Pandaren Monk
Hmm- do you use any kind of bar changing addon? (i.e. I use something called Bartender that lets me change them and move them around.)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I'm using nUI, but it has never been a problem before.
Even with all my addons disabled, I'm stuck with the thumb up, thumb down and orb.
Reply Quote
48 Pandaren Monk
Got ya.

Can you copy and paste your Interface folder onto the desktop, then make a blank Interface folder in your WoW folder and try starting WoW to see if that resolves it?

(We're copying the folder so we won't lose your data in case we find that removing the Interface data doesn't resolve this.)
Edited by Xianglu on 10/2/2012 2:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I also did that, and it didn't work. I am literally stuck.
Reply Quote
48 Pandaren Monk
Wow...definitely REALLY REALLY stuck. Next step: a WoW repair!

For Mac instructions, visit our Fixing Corruption and Damage in Your Game Files (Mac) guide.

Corrupted and damaged game files can create a wide variety of problems and errors. To fix these issues we've created a two step process; Reset UI and Retest before reinstalling AddOns. Follow all three procedures completely and in order, as only partially completing the steps may lead to further issues.

Note: Some third-party programs which are designed to update and manage AddOns can block your access to the WTF folder mentioned in the Reset your UI files step below. If you receive an error only when you are trying to access that specific folder, please turn off or uninstall the AddOn manager program you are using to regain access.

Windows XP

Reset your UI files
Right-click the icon you use to launch the game. This is usually a shortcut on your desktop.
Select Properties from the drop-down menu that appears.
Click on the Find Target or Find Location button (you may see one or the other depending on the specific settings of your computer). This will open the folder where WoW is currently installed on your computer.
Delete the Cache, WTF, and Interface folders.
Playtest before reinstalling AddOns
As AddOns can mask or even be the cause of an issue, please start up World of Warcraft and test the issue you reported before reinstalling AddOns.

Windows Vista/7

Reset your UI files
Right-click the icon you use to launch the game. This is usually a shortcut on your desktop.
Select Open file location in the drop-down menu that appears. This will open the folder where WoW is currently installed on your computer.
Delete the Cache, WTF, and Interface folders.
Note: Some users may need to manually delete these files in their Virtual Store directory. If you encounter any issues with the original instructions, try the following:

Click the Start button, select All Programs, select Accessories and select Windows Explorer.
Using the Organize option toward the upper left-hand corner of the explorer window, select Folder and Search Options followed by the View tab in the new window. Ensure that Show Hidden Files and Folders is enabled.
Navigate to:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft\
Replace %username% with your windows account username, for example: C:\Users\JDoe\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft\
Once the Cache, WTF and Interface folders have been deleted you can close Windows Explorer and restart your system.
Playtest before reinstalling AddOns
As AddOns can mask or even cause an issue, please start up World of Warcraft and test the issue you reported before reinstalling AddOns.
Reply Quote
48 Pandaren Monk
Let me know if you have any trouble finding anything or running it. :)
Reply Quote
48 Pandaren Monk
If none of the above works, you'll just need to entirely uninstall and re-install WoW as the full Repair tool (formerly Repair.exe) is now built into the client. :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
That did not fix it either.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Oh great, I have to reinstall everything?

This is great. just great.

Sigh.
Reply Quote
48 Pandaren Monk
Yeah :( Since the Repair tool is now built in a total uninstall/re-install is the only solution ><
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Well, thank you. I'm re-installing the game right now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I re-installed and I am still stuck.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Nevermind,

I fixed it.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Paladin
Hey, I use Nui also. Can you move your chi bar or whatever the big circles are called?
Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
well, this exact same thing is happening to me now. Same Quest, same issue. I tried all the fixes too and still am stuck.....so I guess I have to completely uninstall, then re-install?

this is ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Please visit nUI's official support forums at http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=86 for technical support, bug reports, comments, suggestions, etc.

If this is truly an nUI problem you should report it there, if it's just a bugged quest you should report it in the Bugs Forum.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]