Forsaken character concept...

86 Undead Priest
Hi folks. Just came back to WoW after almost a year's absence, and I'm playing around with a new character concept - I've got the basics down but I keep getting hung up on the same details, so I thought I'd ask for some input.

Character's Name: Rowena Catternach
Race: Undead (ex-human)
Faction: Forsaken presumably
Current Residence: ???
Short Backstory: Rowena was born and raised in Stratholme. Her father was an early paladin of the Silver Hand and her mother a priestess of the Light, so she and her siblings were raised in the same traditions, and she became a priestess herself at a fairly young age. However, she died in the Culling of Stratholme and was raised again into the service of the Lich King.
[Insert something here.]
At some point she was freed from the Lich King. Although the knowledge of what she's done and what she's become torments her constantly, she lacks the courage to end her own unlife, so she seeks a new purpose.
[Insert something here.]
At some point she becomes a Shadow Priest.

So there's some major events missing in her life. The main problem I'm running into is timeline. Do you think there's there any way she could have been freed from the Scourge without being part of Sylvanas' first rebellion? Since that was like 8 years ago ICly. Maybe it could have been at Arthas' fall but I'm not sure.

Secondly, I'm not sure what point I ought to start RPing her at. Right after being freed? Some time later? After becoming a Shadow Priest? And if the latter, then how would she have become one? I mean, if I start her too far along in her development, I'm just cheating myself out of the option to play it out... I dunno.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)
Reply Quote
55 Undead Death Knight
10/02/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Rowena

Just be sure that you do not RP as a Forsaken/Undead who grows in death. Techincally, you still look more or less the same as you were 22, you just have been around 29 years.

So there's some major events missing in her life. The main problem I'm running into is timeline. Do you think there's there any way she could have been freed from the Scourge without being part of Sylvanas' first rebellion? Since that was like 8 years ago ICly. Maybe it could have been at Arthas' fall but I'm not sure.

Not really. It'd be a bit hard, not to sure on this, but I do not think so.
Secondly, I'm not sure what point I ought to start RPing her at. Right after being freed? Some time later? After becoming a Shadow Priest? And if the latter, then how would she have become one? I mean, if I start her too far along in her development, I'm just cheating myself out of the option to play it out... I dunno.

Well, she can be a shadow priest. I mean, as an undead, wielding the Light is like getting burned. It hurts. Incredibly. So, I mean, you could, it just depends on what you want her to be.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Priest
10/02/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Fenrus
Just be sure that you do not RP as a Forsaken/Undead who grows in death. Techincally, you still look more or less the same as you were 22, you just have been around 29 years.

Ah - yes, that's exactly what I meant, sorry. @w@

10/02/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Fenrus
Not really. It'd be a bit hard, not to sure on this, but I do not think so.

Ah, blast. I'll keep thinking about that one then. The thing is, that search for redemption and somehow finding it in Shadow seems like a really interesting development path to play out, but if she's already had 8 years as a free-thinking undead... a lot can happen in that time, anyway. That may be something I have to prose out on my own, I guess.
Reply Quote
55 Undead Death Knight
Perhaps she spent most of her time as just a citizen. A sad, lost citizen. But like now-ish, she has decided that the Shadow is her path.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]