Warrior burst

90 Goblin Warrior
Ok I suffered through cata and when I saw how awesome we looked in beta my excitement for my warrior rose again but our burst is just waaaaay too high. Our one shot macro ( almost literal) is just too much when I 100-0 someone In 3 seconds with cd's up and can't barely touch anyone's hp when there down there's something wrong. Please for the love of god instead of Nerding us straight up just do what u attempted to do with cata rets and nerf our burst but buff our sustained then we'll be much more in line.
Reply Quote
I think equally overpowered is our survivability, which is pretty absurd with defensive stance and second wind. However, I don't want so see a repeat of cata where warriors go from extremely powerful to subpar in one change.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
That's what I mean instead of straight up nerfing us thy need to find a way to spread everything around so instead of op were just balanced
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I hesitate to say OP because it's not like the general dominance of mages right now. We're one trick ponies. Every 3-5min unload crazy burst, otherwise get kited and do garbage damage... I don't know who thought that was even fun, but thinking that this setup somehow works for PvP is insane. I would happily delete my macro for some more sustained damage.

That said, I foresee some nerf to our burst without adjusting sustained damage... making us useless. So I get a little nervous with all the whining...
Reply Quote
11 Undead Warrior
TBH, Warriors have great burst but their sustained is pretty !@#$ty. I would say they are like Frost DK's with more survival.

However, I dont want them to be as bad as they were in cata :/
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Were more like cata rets just too dependent on cd's but our cd's r just too intense when stacked
Reply Quote
11 Undead Warrior
Tbh, im just leveling my warrior. Im not sure if ill be getting MoP but it will be nice to do some Triple DEEPS
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
i would be fine with wars haveing sustained dmg and less burst

200k dragon roars is just too much sry

I dunno how they get 200k DRs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
its making me wanna have cataclysm rogues back
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I just got destroyed by a Warrior Ret, the Ret did zero damage.

imo, this expansion is live and learn. Had I known how dumb their damage was, I would've dispersed at something earlier than 25% while my Mage finished them off.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
So 2v2 isn't Balanced? Shocking.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/02/2012 11:21 PMPosted by Drclones
its making me wanna have cataclysm rogues back

NO! A THOUSAND TIMES NO!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

I dunno how they get 200k DRs.

me neither, want screenshot? given i am undergeared right now but everyone else was as well, not to mention that war isn't in full pvp gear

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx338/reitanna/lol%20coh/warDR_zpsd7961271.jpg

was that in a bg? I can't get numbers that big even with my !@#$ popped outside of Berserking
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
This happened to me yesterday

Sramton-Mal'Ganis Heroic Strike hit You 47116 Physical. (9311 Absorbed) (Critical)
Sramton-Mal'Ganis Opportunity Strike hit You 12882 Physical.
Sramton-Mal'Ganis Colossus Smash hit You 100655 Physical. (Critical)
Sramton-Mal'Ganis Melee hit You 68607 Physical. (Critical)
Sramton-Mal'Ganis Opportunity Strike hit You 15074 Physical.
Sramton-Mal'Ganis Opportunity Strike hit You 15005 Physical.
Sramton-Mal'Ganis Heroic Strike hit You 58494 Physical. (13324 Overkill) (Critical)
You died.

That's all within a shockwave stun, so in the space of 4 seconds he 100%'d me
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/03/2012 12:03 AMPosted by Irrwisch
was that in a bg? I can't get numbers that big even with my !@#$ popped outside of Berserking

it doesn't matter, there is no room for such numbers in pvp

his melee strike hits harder than my eviscerate non crit lol

I completely agree.

But I think its funny seeing Chiff whining about it. Anyway warriors are going to get nerfed and I suspect shadowpriests and mages to be left alone.

Blizzard never nerfs casters.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage

it doesn't matter, there is no room for such numbers in pvp

This happened. Colossus Smash for 100k crit? 68k white crit? Did he have both trinkets + Reck + Berserker buff + avatar + pots + flasks + some other retarded buff + stars align + full epic pvp gear + you naked?

My colussus smash doesn't crit for 100k against a level 85 dummy let alone in pvp with 40% base reduction and other !@#$. Make your story at least believable before screaming for nerfs.

Not to mention heroic strike hitting for that much less and barely above white damage.

If you provide a screeny i'll withdraw my statement but atm seems way too full of %^-* to be given any credit whatsoever.

HOWEVER I do think warrior burst is completely out of line atm and our sustained mediocre at best. Please bring them more in tune and it will make things a lot better. There are also a bunch of other retarded things in pvp atm that I think need fixing but that's for another thread.
Edited by Methodtwo on 10/3/2012 12:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]