Blizzard, please change level 90 Mage talents

90 Human Mage
Never posted on the forum before, but had to find a way to make my voice heard. I know there are a million threads about it, but I'm going to post one more so blizzard might take notice and help us.

I leveled up to 90, and was faced with the new talents. They have instantly transformed my mage, that I have loved to play since Vanilla, into such a huge pain in the !@# to play I completely stopped playing him until they're is a fix on these horrible talents.

You can't really expect us to evocate every 40 seconds can you? That's a 5.5 second channel. And a little rune on the ground, 1.5 second cast, dissapeares every minute? That's not much better

I leveled a Mage for the freedom in boss fights. They were the ultimate in mobility. Now i feel like if I even try to dodge boss mechanics I'm not going to do any dps.

Please fix this blizzard, these talents completely ruined my enjoyment of my Mage. Off to level another character i guess..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'm working on my lock atm......this toon is in retirement =) I too hate it that much that i'm just gonna move on.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
I agree, they aren't that fun. I raided tonight and did alright though, but even though I did ok on damage, they still aren't that fun.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
One
Evocation channel time changes with haste. It is a non-issue. Reforge to hit cap and then reforge into haste. Once your evoc is down to about 4-4.5 secs you can start building crit.

Also, fire is probably the least mobile spec (not to mention the worst pending more crit).
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Vex
With new content and Healers still getting geared being able to Evo and heal yourself every 10 secs if you have to is pretty nice, but yes, I agree the talent is a bit cumbersome and could be better.

Maybe have Invocation reduce Evo CD to 30 secs and let the buff last 120 secs?
Edited by Xirrohon on 10/2/2012 11:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 11:26 PMPosted by Incendium
I agree, they aren't that fun. I raided tonight and did alright though, but even though I did ok on damage, they still aren't that fun.

And there are plenty of people who will say "Oh, you did ok in damage, so you have no reason to complain!"

If there were a system where choosing a talent made needles pop out of your keyboard and made your character do +50% dps, those people would be extolling the wisdom of Blizzard to give us something to boost our damage and telling you to stop complaining about physical pain.

My lock's doing awesome though! Looking forward to having their better version of Ice Flows at lvl 90!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I'm actually liking Invocate; it's bringing mana management back into the picture, and it's helping me put up some massive crits. There's a strategy element to when I should use it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
The more I play with the talents the less I like them. I've been an advocate of "try it then judge", but it's really hurt my love of this class in the end. Invocate is tolerable, Rune of Power is completely unusable for me. I almost quit this class after trying Rune of Power. And Incanter's Ward just doesn't seem to pull the same numbers for me. I'm probably doing something wrong with IW, I never really like it in the first place.

I think the worst thing though, in my opinion, is the feedback of maintaining this mechanic.
You do this epic channeling of a blue tornado around you(yes I know it's an old animation, work with me), and then you're left with a nifty buff in the top right corner. Make me feel powerful for casting this thing, some arcane symbols, something.... I just feel so underwhelmed by all of it.

If I didn't provide the sole 5% crit buff to my group I'd have already rerolled, but as it stands I'm trying to tough it out and see how it goes.
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 08:34 AMPosted by Juumii
If I didn't provide the sole 5% crit buff to my group I'd have already rerolled, but as it stands I'm trying to tough it out and see how it goes.

I hear Elemental is nice this time of year.
Seriously though, make a hunter bring a wolf for the crit buff and play a class that's actually enjoyable.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I agree that the 90 talents need a rework but can I just make a small suggestion:

Evocation procs trinkets. So while I'm furiously spamming evocation pre-pull every ten seconds while I wait for my pug tank to pull, I'm also burning trinket procs. Is there some way to make evocation not proc trinkets?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
10/02/2012 11:26 PMPosted by Incendium

I fully agree with this. The talents are serviceable. I can use them as intended, but I just despise every minute of it.

I had a lot more fun in prior raids moving around, blinking here and there. Now, I just become a motionless turret.
Reply Quote
4 Undead Warlock
Blizzard, please don't change a thing.

With the Invocation talent and the Glyph of Evocation every 10 seconds I can self heal 40% of my health, recover 45% of my mana and increase my spell power by 25% for 40 seconds.

Every 10 seconds.

Then combine that with Arcane Power for another 20% spell damage and maybe even Time Warp and then Alter Time and my mage is a beast.

That means that I, as I non healing class, can self heal myself from 0 to 100% in three Evocations or 30 seconds.

Its kind of ironic that the only class that can make its own food doesn't need it any more.

Oh and yes, my main is a mage and loving it so far.
Edited by Breathless on 10/3/2012 12:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Vex
I literally changed mains 2 days before launch. I was always checking the Hunter forums daily because that was going to be my main. Before launch Mage didnt even cross my mind.

I started coming here to try and get some useful info but all I see is a bunch of crying by people who havent even stepped into the new raid.

The thing that baffles me the most is, why wasnt anybody saying anything during Beta? Beta lasted a long time. I know the Hunter community was all over Blizzard for issues and they got them changed. To come and complain after your complaining/fixing time (Beta) has passed just makes me wonder WTF everyone was doing during testing.

Youre telling me that no Mages were on Beta testing these talents? It seems the Mages who were trusted to test these talents and provide feedback during Beta felt the talents were fine, right?

Idk, its just frustrating seeing nothing but crybaby posts and no posts about how to improve.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
IQ
10/03/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Xirrohon
Youre telling me that no Mages were on Beta testing these talents? It seems the Mages who were trusted to test these talents and provide feedback during Beta felt the talents were fine, right?

Dude.....we created like 60 posts on the beta with several of them getting capped. All saying the same thing to zero response from anyone except Lhiv.
Edited by Batar on 10/3/2012 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Vex
Ive seen Lhiv make a few posts on why Invocation is actually beneficial. So... Shes ok with the talent then, right? If shes the Ambassador for Mages then I dont understand why everyone is doing nothing but saying... Rerolling or Cry, Cry, Cry

I can understand a few threads but if this was addressed in Beta and Blizzard didnt feel like fixing it then ok, complain a little bit. I just think more time should be spent on say... Here is a good time Invocate on this Boss, etc.

Nothing but crying posts filling the entire Forums is embarrassing.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
xirrohon, you Hunter. There were multitudes of Raiding Mages who objected to the level 90 talents. The only one not objecting to them was our MVP Lhiv (who only made MVP during the beta despite him being an awesome Mage theorycrafter since BC).
I'm sorry you didn't bother to read about mages during Beta, else you would have known that our level 90 talents are terrible maintenance buffs that must be kept up, else you will do 25% less damage than everyone else.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
And Lhiv is a man. He just likes roleplaying in drag.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage

Evocation procs trinkets. So while I'm furiously spamming evocation pre-pull every ten seconds while I wait for my pug tank to pull, I'm also burning trinket procs. Is there some way to make evocation not proc trinkets?

I think the devs will look favorably on this suggestion. Passed it along.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Ive seen Lhiv make a few posts on why Invocation is actually beneficial. So... Shes ok with the talent then, right? If shes the Ambassador for Mages then I dont understand why everyone is doing nothing but saying... Rerolling or Cry, Cry, Cry

I can understand a few threads but if this was addressed in Beta and Blizzard didnt feel like fixing it then ok, complain a little bit. I just think more time should be spent on say... Here is a good time Invocate on this Boss, etc.

Nothing but crying posts filling the entire Forums is embarrassing.

Such nonsense. Disqualifying multiple threads of qualified opinions with your opinion is not your privilege. If you're happy with the changes then goody for you. Head out and enjoy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
IQ
Do you have some particular question you want answers for? Feel free to start another thread. They will get answered.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]