Increase Mana Pool

90 Tauren Warrior
For my Druid I'm noticing that Int doesn't increase my mana pool. What does? or am I stuck at 102k?
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
That's because Intellect no longer increases your mana pool, but instead gives you Spell Power. We're on fixed mana pools now.
Mana pools are fixed by level. 300k at 90, spirit is your friend now.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Ok so before it was Int, Spirit (to comfort) Haste. Now what is our stat priority. I just checked Kodiakarrest gear and it looks like you reforge a lot for spirit. Trying to get my druid going again and I do notice now that my prior comfort lvl for spirit does not work now (could be cause I'm rusty)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's not because you are rusty.

It's because so many of the things that Druids had before to replenish Mana scaled with the size of the Mana pool, which scaled with Int, which is why once we were over the "just hit 85 hump" we tended to drop spirit to minimum levels in favor of Mastery (after hitting our Haste breakpoints first of course.)

Now, the delta between your rate of regen and another Druid's is almost entirely determined by your relative Spirit, so it really is INT, Spirit to comfort, then Haste and Mastery. Before it is more accurate to say that our priority was INT, Spirit only to supplement the INT-based regen to comfortable levels until we didn't need it much or at all, followed by Haste and Mastery.

<S>
Reply Quote
spirit to comfortable regen and then haste to breakpoint, then mastery, then haste after breakpoint, then crit (is how i roll for maximum use of each point of mana for now), maybe later i'll be going spirit, haste breakpoint, haste after breakpoint, mastery, crit. But I doubt I'll ever feel like I have "more than enough" efficiency.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
10/03/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Callmemaybe
so youre saying that healers need to focus on spirit for mana regen or intellect to increase power?

No, that's what Blizzard is saying. Practical only said Int no longer increases your mana pool.

But since we're on the subject, the simultaneous importance of Spirit and Intellect is not new to MoP, and shouldn't really alter your decision-making process as far as stat allocation is concerned.
Reply Quote
Holy priests and shaman to some extent have always had to make this distinction.

Rdruids, Hpalis, and disc priests did not due to how powerful their %mana pool regen mechanics were.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
10/03/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Callmemaybe
so youre saying that healers need to focus on spirit for mana regen or intellect to increase power?

That's exactly correct and intended.

92 Draenei Shaman
Holy priests and shaman to some extent have always had to make this distinction.

Rdruids, Hpalis, and disc priests did not due to how powerful their %mana pool regen mechanics were.

Welcome to our hell! enjoy your stay :)
Reply Quote
LoL, my main for quite some time was a holy priest.

I was a spirit stacking mofo, hit about 8k in-combat regen before procs before cata ended, it was glorious :)
Reply Quote
On a fixed mana pool, I am going to be loving being a gnome even more for that extra 5% mana.

As for spirit, I always stacked it and, except for chest piece where I always went for the best stat enchant I had, I always enchanted for spirit when I could. Though the only reason I could afford it was because I'm enchant/tailor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]