I remember a promise...

41 Goblin Mage
I remember when rogue's were promised to have their class fixed. Blizzard stated that one of rogue's problems was CD dependency and they wanted to change that. Have they fulfilled that promise in this expansion? Debate!
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
Nope, I'm running around like an idiot waiting for cds to even do anything substantial pvp wise.
Edited by Leavetheinst on 10/3/2012 8:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
10/03/2012 08:55 AMPosted by Subzerò
I remember when rogue's were promised to have their class fixed. Blizzard stated that one of rogue's problems was CD dependency and they wanted to change that. Have they fulfilled that promise in this expansion? Debate!

I'm afraid you're going to have t provide a source with the quote that "promised" a fix. That way, we can not only see the quote, but also examine the context in which it was said.

Without that, I'm afraid it's only going to devolve into another Q.Q thread that, ultimately, serves no purpose, as opposed t the "debate" you seem to desire. :(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
And restless blades was their solution.

-.-
Reply Quote
86 Undead Rogue
10/03/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Sheevah

I'm afraid you're going to have t provide a source with the quote that "promised" a fix. That way, we can not only see the quote, but also examine the context in which it was said.

Without that, I'm afraid it's only going to devolve into another Q.Q thread that, ultimately, serves no purpose, as opposed t the "debate" you seem to desire. :(

http://www.wowblues.com/us/cataclysm-class-preview-rogue-24262386514.html

It goes back to Cataclysm class design, he clearly stated that Rogues were to be less CD dependent in PVP for survival. IE we can survive in PVP without waiting on Vanish to come off CD since we have recuperate. I think a lot of us would rather have either shorter CDs or less CDs across the board.
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
10/03/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Apù
It goes back to Cataclysm class design

I, actually, already knew where it came from. I vividly remember them saying that.

The bigger point, and I suppose I should've just came out and said it, is that their initial design philosophy for rogues in Cataclysm is completely irrelevant for rogues in Panda-land.

Edit: The other point, is that it wasn't promised to it. It was a direction they wanted to explore.
Edited by Sheevah on 10/3/2012 10:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
13 Gnome Warlock
It goes back to Cataclysm class design

I, actually, already knew where it came from. I vividly remember them saying that.

The bigger point, and I suppose I should've just came out and said it, is that their initial design philosophy for rogues in Cataclysm is completely irrelevant for rogues in Panda-land.

While you're correct, this still seems like a cop-out to me. Blizzard's philosophy changes so drastically from expansion to expansion that we shouldn't expect any carryover...but I think their indecision or over-decision or whatever you want to call it is part of the problem. There is no over-arching philosophy for the class itself, they just do whatever they think is appropriate for that point in time.

But it is what it is, and we can't do anything about it aside from rerolling or quitting. /shrug /bendover
Edited by Fritnig on 10/3/2012 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Yes they did.

They gave us another 3 min CD and moved many of our CDs into the talent Tree so we can choose which CDs we want, while still being balanced around having all of them.

And they would have gotten away with it too if it wernt for us meddling Rogues!
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
While you're correct, this still seems like a cop-out to me. Blizzard's philosophy changes so drastically from expansion to expansion that we shouldn't expect any carryover...but I think their indecision or over-decision or whatever you want to call it is part of the problem. There is no over-arching philosophy for the class itself, they just do whatever they think is appropriate for that point in time.

But it is what it is, and we can't do anything about it aside from rerolling or quitting. /shrug /bendover

I agree with you entirely, and I also think there is room for a lot of discussion to be had on the current state of rogues.

I just don't think opening it up with something that was mentioned before Cataclysm launched is the best way to spark a relevant debate on the topic. To me, that's just an opening that will lead to another Q.Q thread that accomplishes nothing. :(
Reply Quote
41 Goblin Mage
Regardless of whether it was an objective of the last expansion, the issue may have carried over into this expansion and if it has it should be addressed.
Reply Quote
13 Gnome Warlock
Well, for one, this was in no way a promise. It was more of a vague idea. We still suffer from CD dependency, and Blizzard is certainly "aware of the issue," as they have been for years. The fact that they even acknowledged it, however long ago, should be comforting, even if it hasn't been addressed or fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Has Blizzard even shared their views on the Rogue class? As for what they want it to be. This expansion, I mean.

In Cata, we did get that response about being less CD reliant. Even though, that didn't seem to be true throughout Cata. haha. But, I don't recall getting anything of the sort for MOP.
Reply Quote
13 Gnome Warlock
10/03/2012 11:53 AMPosted by Knocrogue
Has Blizzard even shared their views on the Rogue class? As for what they want it to be. This expansion, I mean.

We had a decent amount of Blue activity regarding the MoP beta, but a lot of it was centered around Shiv and other inconsequential changes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
10/03/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Fritnig
We had a decent amount of Blue activity regarding the MoP beta, but a lot of it was centered around Shiv and other inconsequential changes.

Yah, that's mostly what I mean though! Their feedback on the Rogue class hasn't really been anything huge. Just little things. Answering questions about why specific changes were made. <.<

Maybe they are going to make us less CD reliant and this nerf to CDs was their first step. Now, they'll see where we're lacking.
Edited by Knocrogue on 10/3/2012 12:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I just want to know their view on our class. If they like where we're at, or if they're planning on changes. I just want to know god damn it!

:[
Reply Quote
86 Undead Rogue
The feedback that I searched through to find the pre-cata promise had a lot of statements from Ghost Crawler that he thinks the Rogue design is the best they have. They really like the energy resource and the concept of openers, builders, and finishers.

I am liking Monk really well right now as you can spend chi while you pool energy. It feels more active. I haven't gotten to the upper levels of Monk yet but being more active is nice. I am sure that Monk will see nerfs on the horizon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I let efc's run by me unless I have all my cd's. So every 3-4 min sometimes 5min I'll wait, therefore I am more dependent now on these fuhn cds... either make cds shorter or give us a damage buff. Nerfing us every patch is like strangling a baby.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]