I'm sorry? what? you call this balance?

80 Tauren Death Knight
No really, I vote for a new MVP, there have been a dozen threads and you are supposed to be a most valued poster yet all i see is you taking potshots at people over thread names/rules and never actually posting on the issue.

PS Disc needs to be mid pack to be effective, Not 30% behind the pack, So this whole argument about disc needing to be lower in everything may be all fine and well but being so far behind that our utility won't even get us a raid spot? that's not cool.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Tonydanza

As Disc:

Flash Heal - 17,700 mana, 44795 healing
Greater Heal - 17,700 mana, 59,737 healing
Heal - 5,700 mana, 27,950 healing
Binding Heal - 16,200 mana, 31,447 healing to you and your target
Penance - 11,160 mana (glyhphed), 17,337 x3 volleys
Renew - 6,630 mana (Inner Will), 7,067 healing every 2.75 sec for 11 sec (unglyphed)
Prayer of Mending - 8,925 Mana (Inner Will), 15,568 healing (5 bounces, lasts 30 seconds, 10 sec CD)
Power Word: Shield - 15,555 mana (inner will), 65,109 damage absorbed
Prayer of Healing - 13,500 mana, 18,296 to all targets in the party it's cast on
Halo - 34,425 mana (Inner Will), up to 88,619 healing at 25 yards, 45 sec CD
Cascade - 22,950 mana (Inner Will), 26,586 healing per bounce, 25 sec CD
Divine Star - 11,475 mana (Inner Will), 8,861 healing, 15 sec CD

There's really only a couple of comparisons that I can use here, for Resto.

Heal - 5,700 mana, 27,950 healing; Nourish 6120 mana, 17956 healing.

Flash Heal - 17,700 mana, 44795 healing; Regrowth 17820 mana, 28027 Healing +5643 HOT.

Greater Heal - 17,700 mana, 59,737 healing; Healing Touch 17340 Mana, 54 382 Healing.

Prayer of Healing - 13,500 mana, 18,296 to all targets in the party it's cast on; Wild Growth 13 740 mana, Healing 6 (glyphed) party or raid members for 18 944 over 7.24 sec. 10 Second cooldown.
PoH vs Wild Growth I'll give an edge to the Resto version.
But other than that...We have a problem here...you're complaining about power of your spells/mana...Your comparable heals are healing for more...costing less...ummm...
Somebody help me out here.
Fact of the matter is your heals are fine. You (AS A CLASS) lack proper gear and/or regen mechanics. I do not debate this needs to be changed.

Nourish gets an extra 20% from having a hot rolling on the target.

Omen Of Clarity. + relatively cheap HoT blanketing can make a HUGE difference in mana spent.

The extra crit chance on regrowth, combined with living seed adds some healing.

Priests *need* to be continuously casting heal, whereas a druid should only start with nourish if needed.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
10/05/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Taymage
Wow, how embarrassing for you. You had a post that had an excellent discussion of the problems with priest healing deleted because you have a personal beef with Tiriel.

That thread wasn't an excellent discussion of the problems with priest healing. It wasn't even a discussion. It was you and a few others railing on and on about how horrible priests are, without ever substantiating your claims, and without even attempting to hide your utter contempt for Blizzard at causing a problem you believe to be synonymous with the end of the gaming world as we know it.

10/05/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Dethsport
No really, I vote for a new MVP

It's a good thing Blizzard picks the MVPs.

10/05/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Kodiakarrest
+ relatively cheap HoT blanketing

None of our HoT blanketing is at all cheap.
Edited by Anarri on 10/5/2012 8:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
10/05/2012 08:01 PMPosted by Anarri
It was you and a few others railing on and on about how horrible priests are, without ever substantiating your claims

I'm sorry, it's your claim that priests are in a good place then?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
10/05/2012 08:01 PMPosted by Anarri
It was you and a few others railing on and on about how horrible priests are, without ever substantiating your claims

Question for you: Do you believe Kaels have ever substantiated that priests are not in a good place?

Just curious.

If not, please lay out the evidence you required to make such a claim.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
That's cute, A few people claim priests are "ok" and we must all be fine, Guys theres an expression

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, Lets squeak as loud as we possibly bloody can
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Nourish gets an extra 20% from having a hot rolling on the target.

Omen Of Clarity. + relatively cheap HoT blanketing can make a HUGE difference in mana spent.

The extra crit chance on regrowth, combined with living seed adds some healing.

Priests *need* to be continuously casting heal, whereas a druid should only start with nourish if needed.

Honestly, Heal doesn't get the job done. The only reason to cast a heal is if someone is taking damage. Heal is too slow, and heals for too little for it to be worthwhile on these bosses. When heals need to be cast, people are taking a LOT of damage, and they need to be healed up quickly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Aureus
Pretty sure everyone acknowledges that priests are a bit subpar right now.

Well...a certain crab's responses on Twitter are not helping at the moment. Basically giving the perception that the Devs absolutely don't think Priests are in a bad place.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I love this druid guy in here just left and right with" no you guys dont have solid proof, must not be relevant"
I feel like i can see you curling your nose up at us and saying " Enjoy your crumbs peasents"

Anarri if you think priests are fine in ANY healing fashion you are SORELY mistaken.
We are not here for a discussion. We are here to TELL blizzard they !@#$ed up AGAIN with priests.
Want proof? Stone Guard 25 man first priest....103rdhttp://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Mogu%27shan_Vaults/The_Stone_Guard/25N/hps/?page=3

Feng-250th an aoe fight where holy should shine LOL right http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Mogu%27shan_Vaults/Feng_The_Accursed/25N/hps/?page=7

Spirit guard-101 http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Mogu%27shan_Vaults/The_Spirit_Kings/25N/hps/?page=3

Elegon-2 between 48 and 51. nothing else till 95 http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Mogu%27shan_Vaults/Elegon/25N/hps/?page=3

Will of the emperor- 76th http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Mogu%27shan_Vaults/Will_of_the_Emperor/25N/hps/?page=2
So discuss all you want now....... plz
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
Keep it up Doc, We will get an answer from them soon enough
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Well...a certain crab's responses on Twitter are not helping at the moment. Basically giving the perception that the Devs absolutely don't think Priests are in a bad place.

They're still acting like there's some amazing secret to Disc that we're not getting. We're using mana cooldowns religiously. We're trying to learn fights and use Spirit Shell to amazing effect. We've tried more Archangel, less Archangel. We've tried to cherry pick the talents that actually influence absorbs.

It's not fun, and there is very little reward for all that work. If there's something I'm missing, I would sure like a hint.
Edited by Trillien on 10/5/2012 10:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
Anarri if you think priests are fine in ANY healing fashion you are SORELY mistaken.
We are not here for a discussion. We are here to TELL blizzard they !@#$ed up AGAIN with priests.
Want proof?

Right - so while it's definitely awesome that you're trying to offer some proof or what have you, linking parses only really illustrates a small scope as to what the real story is.

I'm not trying to discredit parses. They are definitely worth their own weight in gold, but you need more than that to just thrown on the table and go "Here. This is proof."
90 Blood Elf Mage
10/05/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Aureus
Pretty sure everyone acknowledges that priests are a bit subpar right now.

Scroll up like two posts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 10:07 PMPosted by Trillien
It's not fun, and there is very little reward for all that work. If there's something I'm missing, I would sure like a hint.

Like I said in another post, I myself am wondering if there's something I'm missing. *shrugs*
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
I don't think we are missing anything, And if we are theres no way for us to discover it on our own and blizzard needs to give us an instruction manual
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
10/05/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Staccato
I'm not trying to discredit parses.

Not credible, not credible at all.

Yes you are.

So what is it you'd like?

Would you like every single poster, every single time, to re-vomit out Kaels' posts, with the same math Kaels posted six months ago in the beta forums and here?

When we all know you have seen and responded to those posts?

Ludicrous.

The purpose of your post in this thread, and in the other thread, is to lend credibility to those who claim priests are perfectly good.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC

The purpose of your post in this thread, and in the other thread, is to lend credibility to those who claim priests are perfectly good.

His intent is quite clear, post constructively or don't post at all. God forbid someone wants something other than mindless QQ buff me post on these forums. Quite a few regulars aren't asking for priest to not voice their concerns, but some of the post are absolutely your average emotional QQ post.
Edited by Sensations on 10/5/2012 10:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Right - so while it's definitely awesome that you're trying to offer some proof or what have you, linking parses only really illustrates a small scope as to what the real story is.

I'm not trying to discredit parses. They are definitely worth their own weight in gold, but you need more than that to just thrown on the table and go "Here. This is proof."

why do you go against us in this? Do you not see how many people in an absurd amount of posts are unhappy?
I am not some average pugger here just crying. Blades of Wrath is currently US 36th World 77. Sure its normal modes.... but these complaints are not coming from just every day people that haven't seen the raids..... I've witnessed all of these shortcomings firsthand.

Parses of the top end players in the world, pushing the most from the class with next to no mistakes, still not able to put up numbers close to anyone else isnt good proof for the class as a whole?
yeah k

Also I dont want to sit here and figure out the overall scope of why or how we blow atm.... That isnt my job... I am here to play... a game... for fun. And currently I am not having ANY fun.....I am simply showing that there IS A PROBLEM and want people that are ignorant such as yourself to get behind THAT.
Reply Quote
I am afraid i am going to have to agree with everything, So far i've seen nothing but disagreeance that there is a problem from our MVP'S Snowfox and statacco, I'm not going to claim i've been here 10 years so i don't know the past, I only just joined the healer forums in 4.2, But i'm yet to see anything useful posted by either of these two people other then

PRIESTS ARE FINE QUITE WHINING

or

BRING SOMETHING BETTER THEN LOGS

we tried that, It didn't work.

Hell we had constructive threads full of thousands of hours of math done by kael, And myself when i could be bothered to do it, Hell i had me and friends running numbers and i was talking with alot of high end healers from guilds on my realms such as peaches and cream, Red sun, Gigantor of barthilas, Enigma and tribo from nagrand, All the healers from these realms that play priests say the same thing.

Priests have Massive problems right now.
Edited by Serelina on 10/5/2012 11:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]