I'm sorry? what? you call this balance?

90 Pandaren Priest
I really like the idea of spirit shell, but given how much mana you have to spend to make it even remotely effective is a bit absurd. I also would kill to have Divine Hymn back, it is near impossible for disc to recover in situations when everyone is extremely low (in a relatively quick manner, obviously).

I understand that disc is supposed to be about preventing damage, but preventing damage only works so well, at some point you just really need to heal and priest throughout, disc and holy, just isn't there. Chances are it wouldn't balance out too well, but perhaps PoH could stack Grace on all affected targets or disc could get the same effect of Divine Insight that Holy does seeing that the disc portion of DI is useless with the high cost of PWS.

As I have played a priest since beta I will sit back and hope that our buffs come down the pipe line sooner rather than later and in the mean time, I'll be a sad panda.

Personally i'm at that point where I just wanna say "Okay...Just make Disc a burst caster dps spec that has above average utility and be done with it." I mean keep that Discipline feeling in tact but just make it a nuky caster spec that does average burst dps and covers for the deficiency by bringing utility to raids/arena teams.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Every time I look at my login screen I want to level my priest. But I just log into my 90 druid, or this pally, or even consider leveling my 85 shaman (I don't really enjoy shaman healing mechanics at all) instead.
Reply Quote
Same... I really was enjoying leveling my priest on beta until i hit 87 and got to do shado-pan with a pug, that last 1/3 of that instance oom'd me on every pull. Glad I had waters, and was allowed to drink, but at that point I knew it was the beginning of the end.
Reply Quote
It was absolute bloody hell Leveling from 85 to 90 in both dungeons and questing as disc, our output damage wise was terrible, Penance hit for less then my Grandma, No other healers really had the issue.

I stopped reading right there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/04/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Zyemay
It was absolute bloody hell Leveling from 85 to 90 in both dungeons and questing as disc, our output damage wise was terrible, Penance hit for less then my Grandma, No other healers really had the issue.

Except that poster isn't wrong. Until you get a bit of gear, Disc is really unworkable in dungeons. Trust me, I'm a hardcore Disc player, and I went Holy in order to get through healing dungeons until I got several pieces of 463/464 gear.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
10/03/2012 09:27 AMPosted by Dethsport
It isn't even healable, it registers as "Immune" in my combat log, Yet it will still soak up the smart heals without ever being healed.

OHHH! I wondered what all those "immune" exclamations were while smite healing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/04/2012 10:26 AMPosted by Thedroogs
It isn't even healable, it registers as "Immune" in my combat log, Yet it will still soak up the smart heals without ever being healed.

OHHH! I wondered what all those "immune" exclamations were while smite healing.

Not only is it immune, but Atonement is prioritizing it over injured party members. It completely ignores the tank at half health in favor of healing a pet that hasn't taken damage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Not only is it immune, but Atonement is prioritizing it over injured party members. It completely ignores the tank at half health in favor of healing a pet that hasn't taken damage.

Okay, so you're experiencing this too? It's a real PITA.
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Tiriél

Except that poster isn't wrong. Until you get a bit of gear, Disc is really unworkable in dungeons. Trust me, I'm a hardcore Disc player, and I went Holy in order to get through healing dungeons until I got several pieces of 463/464 gear.

My apologizes. My priest hasn't hit 90 yet but I'm mostly leveling her as disc and she's doing a whole lot better than my druid did at killing stuff. Don't get me started on the shaman. The "output damage" part was what had me rolling my eyes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If your resto shaman is doing 180k burst hps and 100k sustained, why don't I see him with the top rank on WOL? :P Either you are exaggerating to make a point, or you are miscommunicating things here.

To put this in perspective: the top ranked Resto Shaman on WOL for Feng the Accursed 10m did 66k hps over the course of the fight as well as bursted to 117k hps during a part of p2 and 106k hps during a part of p3. Not only that, but it looks like his two healing partners let him do all the burst healing during p2 and p3, as they don't burst very high during high damage phases (in fact, the priest drops his hps significantly when the resto shaman goes up to 117k). Plus, the two other healers only have ~75% active time over an entire kill, where the resto shaman has 100%. So he basically got fed the optimal conditions to get the top healing parse.

Log here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jvnuwajuy1121azl/sum/healingDone/?s=3483&e=3990#Soranolkaros

If your shaman did 180k burst hps and 100k sustained, he is probably just a godly player and is not only putting you to shame, but crowding out your healing by being so amazing. I don't really know if priests are terrible healers or not, but from what you've told us, it is far more likely that your resto shaman partner is the reason you aren't doing much healing, not the potential weakness of the priest class.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
TF
10/04/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Masochism
Plus, the two other healers only have ~75% active time over an entire kill, where the resto shaman has 100%. So he basically got fed the optimal conditions to get the top healing parse.

Maybe, just maybe, it's because they died.

Also, you linked a 10 man log. I can assure you that Resto Shamans have exceedingly good burst healing in 25s.
Edited by Ceddya on 10/4/2012 11:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Atonement's been buggy about this for a long time. I actually have some screenshots up about it somewhere - specifically, Atonement crits prioritize full-health pets over in-range injured raid members.

Here's one. See the whole raid is stacked and at half health, but the crit heals my shadowfiend for zero?
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb164/kaosgrace/Wow/WoWScrnShot_020412_202846.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I know, these situations makes me literally sick to my stomach because there's nothing we can do other than wait for the people (who put us in this situation) to get their freaking acts together.

It's nauseating.

Amen.

This is why my poor, beloved resto Shaman. My first toon, my former main. Is sitting at 85. :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Nerf other healers into the same position

Not sure this will fix priests.

Thank you. It would not fix anything, it will make everything completely unhealable. I understand the OP wasn't competing with his Shaman, but for god's sake, Shaman are not in a good place themselves.
Edited by Taymage on 10/4/2012 1:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

I didn't. -shrug-

Every single 5-man I did to gear up was as Disc. It was in no way unworkable.

10/04/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Taymage
Shaman are not in a good place themselves.

I'm sorry, what? Have you been paying any attention to World of Logs?
Edited by Elethia on 10/4/2012 1:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
My major problem with just TRYING to UNDERSTAND where Blizzard has put priests currently, is that...........we are the only class with -2-, count em, -2- healing specs. WHY are we at the bottom of meters on BOTH specs. For a class that screams healer just in general, it seems kinda out of whack for us to be so low in comparison to other more versatile classes.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
10/04/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Elethia

I didn't. -shrug-

10/04/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Taymage
Shaman are not in a good place themselves.

I'm sorry, what? Have you been paying any attention to World of Logs?

Normal modes with stack tactics, when heroics modes and the spread fights come into play we'll see how they turn out. But Obviously anything with a heavy ability to stack will show a shamans strengths.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/04/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Elethia

I didn't. -shrug-

Well, then I'm probably just not as awesome as you are. I found that I simply could not keep up with massive incoming AOE damage as Disc.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/04/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Ceddya
Plus, the two other healers only have ~75% active time over an entire kill, where the resto shaman has 100%. So he basically got fed the optimal conditions to get the top healing parse.

Maybe, just maybe, it's because they died.

Also, you linked a 10 man log. I can assure you that Resto Shamans have exceedingly good burst healing in 25s.

1) ... Ok?
2) We're talking about 10m here. OP is in a 10m guild.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]