Top heals:
Illuminated Healing (free)
Eternal Flame (free)
Beacon of Light (free)
Holy Shock (dirt cheap)
Arcing Light (Light's Hammer) (free)
Holy Light (cheap)
Lay on Hands (free)

Is that log showing multiple attempts? I'm not good at reading WOL but it has to be.

But before I say something else I'm hoping someone list me the mana cost's for priest spells.

Which ones in particular? Quick list:

Heal - 5700
FHeal - 17700
GHeal - 17700
PoH - 13500
Renew - 7800
PW: S - 18300
Penance - 9300

EDIT: Nevermind me then! Tiriel beat me to it. Go go, terrible school internet.
Edited by Skootalloo on 10/5/2012 2:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
That's all I needed it thanks.

Wow you guys have very cheap heals...and is that really what it heals for? GH and FOL?

Wow that's strong and cheap.

I should level my priest more.

We have no free heals. We have no holy power, and um...lol...
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Holy:

Divine Hymn - 18,900 mana, heals for 34,047 per tick, 3 min CD
Circle of Healing - 8,160 Mana, 12,733 healing per target, 10 sec CD
Holy Word: Sanctuary - 16,065 mana (Inner Will), 1,713 healing every 1.83 sec for 29.33 sec, 40 sec CD.
Lightwell (Lightspring) - 16,200 mana, heals targets 50% or below for 45,243 over 5.50 secs, 3 min CD, 15 charges
Renew - 6,630 (Inner Will), 10,809 healing every 2.75 sec for 8.25 sec (Glyphed)
Holy Word: Serenity - 5,100 mana (Inner Will), heals for 40,724, 10 sec CD

Are holy priests using Inner Will now?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Holy:

Divine Hymn - 18,900 mana, heals for 34,047 per tick, 3 min CD
Circle of Healing - 8,160 Mana, 12,733 healing per target, 10 sec CD
Holy Word: Sanctuary - 16,065 mana (Inner Will), 1,713 healing every 1.83 sec for 29.33 sec, 40 sec CD.
Lightwell (Lightspring) - 16,200 mana, heals targets 50% or below for 45,243 over 5.50 secs, 3 min CD, 15 charges
Renew - 6,630 (Inner Will), 10,809 healing every 2.75 sec for 8.25 sec (Glyphed)
Holy Word: Serenity - 5,100 mana (Inner Will), heals for 40,724, 10 sec CD

Are holy priests using Inner Will now?

I am. I'm mana starved at the moment, and a lot of my heals are instant (Holy Word: Sanctuary, Renew, Circle of Healing, Prayer of Mending, Cascade, Halo, Divine Star) so yes, I'm using Inner Will.
Edited by Tiriél on 10/5/2012 2:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Marathel
We have no free heals. We have no holy power, and um...lol...

The only free heal we have is Sacred Shield and that is an absorb or x3 stacks of SH or our level 90 talents outside of HP.

Those are the only truly free spells we have.

Every other "free" heal is hardly free. It used to be more or less in Cataclysm but that was before HP generation was gutted.

Why are the level 90 talents so expensive? How much healing do they do?

To give perspective on a 25 man my friend's Light's Hammer did 2.4 million healing.

That's pretty impressive for a spell but LH is OP in 25 man anyway.

How much is Halo, Cascade and Divine Star doing?

Cascade really only shines in a 25 man setting. I'm using it on Stone Guard, but that's only because Halo is pointless on that fight. Halo shines when people are spread out about 25 yards at the most. Then it heals for a boatload, and it can crit (but that's not guaranteed), but it has a hugely long CD and it costs so much that it's really difficult to justify (it also does FAR more healing in 25 mans). Cascade needs 16 individual targets to really get the full use of the spell, and Divine Star requires people to be stacked in a row/line/on top of each other to work. I'm debating using Divine Star because of the much smaller cost and the fact that I can use it more often, even though it's a tiny heal.

Edit: I feel like I should add, both Cascade and Halo feel like they are meant to be emergency buttons (the lengthy CD on Halo, and the overall mana costs on both spells seem to indicate this). I don't know if I'm just using them wrong or what, but it feels like they don't really deliver on that, "OH MAN I NEED SOME HEALS RIGHT NOW" promise.
Edited by Tiriél on 10/5/2012 2:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
10/05/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Anarri
Its infuriating to think that so many people are fine with what is going on right now.

Maybe you're just doing it to make a point, but please don't lump me in with those people.

Not you specifically.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/05/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Tiriél
I am. I'm mana starved at the moment, and a lot of my heals are instant (Holy Word: Sanctuary, Renew, Circle of Healing, Prayer of Mending, Cascade, Halo, Divine Star) so yes, I'm using Inner Will.

Ah ok good to know. Haven't really played since I hit 90, but it seems now that holy priests are using renew more than PoH, which they were using a lot near the end of Cata.
Edited by Autumn on 10/5/2012 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Autumn

Ah ok good to know. Haven't really played since I hit 90, but it seems holy priests are using renew more than PoH like they were near the end of Cata.

Well, PoH takes forever to cast, is kind of pricey, and doesn't really heal for much - the glyphed HoT is gone, and the Echo of Light is kind of wimpy.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
This is much worse than the resto shaman problem at the beginning of Cata, sure they were left out of top world kills, but other than those few kills, almost all guilds still brought at least one. Right now there is no good reason to bring a priest to a raid. Even in the first few weeks of Cata, when disc was pretty weak, I was able to do way more with the spec than I am able to right now.

I had a really bad experience last night on Elegon. I was being flexible, I played it as disc and I played it as holy, I also played a full disc atonement heal playstyle where I mainly dps'd the boss and only healed for big aoe's. It didn't matter, I couldn't keep up and play to the potential necessary for my guild to move forward and get a kill.

This is a group of friends that have been playing together for years. Our 5 man group that leveled together waited for each other and turned in our quests at the same time so that we could all get server first 90 together, we have each other's backs. But last night when I said over vent that I thought I needed to sit out so we could get the kill, there was dead silence. No one wanted to agree, but we all knew it was true.

I find this situation completely unacceptable. We want to start heroic bosses on tuesday, so I am left with the option of sitting out until we are buffed or leveling one of my alts to 90, grinding heroics, redoing my rep and everything. I have put in hundreds of hours in this expansion already, and as someone who works and is in school, I really can't afford to spend all that time redoing it on an alt.

Looking at the healing ranks for Elegon 10 man, there are 3 holy priests and 0 disc priests. So let's see, holy priests make up 3% of the top 100 healers and disc priests make up 0. Yeah, that seems fair. In fact, there are only 16 ten mans on WoL that have been able to kill Elegon with a disc priest in their raid. Yep, that's right.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Someone list the cost of priest's spells please.

As Disc:

Flash Heal - 17,700 mana, 44795 healing
Greater Heal - 17,700 mana, 59,737 healing
Heal - 5,700 mana, 27,950 healing
Binding Heal - 16,200 mana, 31,447 healing to you and your target
Penance - 11,160 mana (glyhphed), 17,337 x3 volleys
Renew - 6,630 mana (Inner Will), 7,067 healing every 2.75 sec for 11 sec (unglyphed)
Prayer of Mending - 8,925 Mana (Inner Will), 15,568 healing (5 bounces, lasts 30 seconds, 10 sec CD)
Power Word: Shield - 15,555 mana (inner will), 65,109 damage absorbed
Prayer of Healing - 13,500 mana, 18,296 to all targets in the party it's cast on
Halo - 34,425 mana (Inner Will), up to 88,619 healing at 25 yards, 45 sec CD
Cascade - 22,950 mana (Inner Will), 26,586 healing per bounce, 25 sec CD
Divine Star - 11,475 mana (Inner Will), 8,861 healing, 15 sec CD

There's really only a couple of comparisons that I can use here, for Resto.

Heal - 5,700 mana, 27,950 healing; Nourish 6120 mana, 17956 healing.

Flash Heal - 17,700 mana, 44795 healing; Regrowth 17820 mana, 28027 Healing +5643 HOT.

Greater Heal - 17,700 mana, 59,737 healing; Healing Touch 17340 Mana, 54 382 Healing.

Prayer of Healing - 13,500 mana, 18,296 to all targets in the party it's cast on; Wild Growth 13 740 mana, Healing 6 (glyphed) party or raid members for 18 944 over 7.24 sec. 10 Second cooldown.
PoH vs Wild Growth I'll give an edge to the Resto version.
But other than that...We have a problem here...you're complaining about power of your spells/mana...Your comparable heals are healing for more...costing less...ummm...
Somebody help me out here.
Fact of the matter is your heals are fine. You (AS A CLASS) lack proper gear and/or regen mechanics. I do not debate this needs to be changed.
Edited by Tonydanza on 10/5/2012 5:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Sparklefever
If it wasn't clear, what I meant was NO MATTER WHAT, Discipline has to be balanced at a lower throughput than other healing specs, all things equal; Discipline's major healing mechanic is also a major raid utility tool.

Then I misunderstood what you were saying (or else mistook you for another poster, not sure which it was). My apologies.

Again, where in my post did I say his?

You didn't and that was never directed at you (hence why I didn't quote you).
Edited by Tiriél on 10/5/2012 5:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/05/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Tonydanza
You (AS A CLASS) lack proper gear and/or regen mechanics. I do not debate this needs to be changed.

I believe that Kaels' post was to address that very issue, that our regen is nowhere near what it needs to be. The thing is, I am simply unsure that a Priest COULD provide the kind of burst that we're seeing out of Monks, Paladins, and Shamans, even if we had the regen to back it up (which we don't).

Edited because sometimes the grammar gremlins eat parts of my sentences.
Edited by Tiriél on 10/5/2012 5:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Who deleted that other forum post?

Please tell me MVPs can't delete posts.

MVPs can't, but you'd be silly to think that we didn't have ways to raise a flag on certain threads that aren't within the guidelines.

If it was deleted, it was because a Mod/CM thought it appropriate to delete. To be fair, I did mention that the thread wasn't appropriate.

However, talking about forum moderation isn't allowed on the forum. I'm assuming you didn't know, but just in case:

http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct#discipline

Wow, how embarrassing for you. You had a post that had an excellent discussion of the problems with priest healing deleted because you have a personal beef with Tiriel.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Daily bump to remind the devs that our class can't heal worth a crap!!!! almost 10 pages
Blues what blues.... those people dont post HERE
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
LOL no wonder we never get any blue responses with guys like this MVP around. Sabotaging us all the way.

WTB fun playing my priest as a healer. Im waiting in a line of thousands of others blizz......
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
10/05/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Doc
LOL no wonder we never get any blue responses with guys like this MVP around. Sabotaging us all the way.

That's exactly what I'm doing.

And I would have been successful too, had it not been for you meddling healy-priests! Until next time!

/smokebomb
Edited by Staccato on 10/5/2012 6:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]