Un-nerf Prots Seal of Truth!

90 Human Paladin
An 80% nerf??

Prot paladins have been complaining our single target damage, and no-vengeance damage, as been feeling a low all through beta, and all through MoP. I myself am Holy/Prot, and so I was leveling as Prot and it was very slow moving. Painfully slow.

So our Single target damage is low. Whats the response? An 80% Seal of Truth nerf?

Seriously?
SERIOUSLY?

I feel like we're getting trolled by blizz right now. You may as well have removed the Seal entirely from Prot's toolkit.

Nerf'd Seal of Truth (our single target seal) accounts for roughly 3% of my single target damage.
Seal of Righteousness (our AOE seal) accounts for 2% of my single target damage.

No. Just... NO.

Put Seal of Truth back the way it was.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'd rather see CS and HoTR actually scale, and keep the seal of insight healing. 7k damage CS and 2.5k HoTR with 30k AP seems just... wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/03/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Kamine
I'd rather see CS and HoTR actually scale, and keep the seal of insight healing. 7k damage CS and 2.5k HoTR with 30k AP seems just... wrong.
Yeah, we Prot paladins spent almost the entire beta REPEATEDLY and VERY VOCALLY asking for a 1hander version of CS, and HotR that doesn't suck...
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Please un-nerf seal of truth. The dps loss is staggering. Hell, I will even just take you un-nerfing seal of truth for PVE only. Just please un-nerf it.

Maybe you could let it stack to 10 or higher. That way it can stay nerfed but not cause so much dps loss that makes people not want to tank
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
you act like prot is supposed to do real dps ive tanked heroics with thunderfury since 90 threat is a non issue prot is ez
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Please un-nerf seal of truth. The dps loss is staggering. Hell, I will even just take you un-nerfing seal of truth for PVE only. Just please un-nerf it.

Maybe you could let it stack to 10 or higher. That way it can stay nerfed but not cause so much dps loss that makes people not want to tank

It was nerfed because we were beating all other tanks single target...and even many dps specs.

While this change wont make prots flock to SoI like they planned it did fix a problem alot of pallies were having with AoE threat. HW went from worst to one of our best moves. AS now hits even harder.

I dont see the issue here.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
This has to be a joke, the nerf was well needed. I was pumping out 35k DPS on 5 man heroic bosses, often beating most of the DPS. I do feel like our threat gen in comparison with the other tanks could be a bit better though. I had trouble keeping aggro off my warrior offtank last night in MV.

Anyway, you should use seal of insight for bosses that actually have difficulty.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I find it pretty entertaining that every Prot I know to be skilled has no issues with damage, and thinks Prot might very well be doing too much, and yet most of the forum population seems to think completely the opposite.

Says something about the general populace, I think.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
An 80% nerf??

Prot paladins have been complaining our single target damage, and no-vengeance damage, as been feeling a low all through beta, and all through MoP. I myself am Holy/Prot, and so I was leveling as Prot and it was very slow moving. Painfully slow.

So our Single target damage is low. Whats the response? An 80% Seal of Truth nerf?

Seriously?
SERIOUSLY?

I feel like we're getting trolled by blizz right now. You may as well have removed the Seal entirely from Prot's toolkit.

Nerf'd Seal of Truth (our single target seal) accounts for roughly 3% of my single target damage.
Seal of Righteousness (our AOE seal) accounts for 2% of my single target damage.

No. Just... NO.

Put Seal of Truth back the way it was.

Uh, our single target damage actually went UP with the changes they made. They actually buffed Avenger's Shield by 50% and Holy Wrath by 100%. And Avenger's Shield scales better than SoT anyway.

If you want REALLY OP single target boss damage, I'd suggest glyphing Avenger's Shield for single target (Focused Shield). It's absurd!

My questing damage also went UP, not DOWN. It's much more bursty now. I don't know what game you're playing, but it must not be the same one as me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]