Savage Defense is Over Powered

Savage defense is massively over powered and the other tanks need to have their active mitigation buffed to be more in line with guardians. I've taken the time to rework the other tanks AM using math and logic to bring them up to speed with were we are.

Warriors

Shield Barrier

Raise your shield giving it a 75% to absorb ((max((AP * $STR) * 200 / 100, $STA * 250 / 100) * $?p123087[1.1][1]) / 3) damage for the next 6 sec.

Consumes up to 60 Rage to increase the amount absorbed. Absorption amount increases with attack power.

Death Knights

Death Strike Level 90
1 Unholy, 1 Frost Melee Range
Instant
Requires Melee Weapon
Focuses dark power into a strike that deals 280% weapon damage plus 748 to an enemy and has a 80% chance to heal you for 20% of the damage you have sustained during the preceding 5 sec (minimum of at least 7% of your maximum health). This attack cannot be parried.

Paladins

Shield of the Righteous Level 90
3 Holy Power Melee Range
Instant cast 1.5 sec cooldown
Requires Shields
Instantly slam the target with your shield, causing 836 Holy damage, and has a 75% chance of reducing the physical damage you take by 30% for 3 sec, and causing Bastion of Glory.

Bastion of Glory
Increases the strength of your Word of Glory when used to heal yourself by 10%. Stacks up to 5 times.

Monks

Stance of the Sturdy Ox Brewmaster Stance
Instant
Has a 85% chance to reduce damage taken by 25%, increases Energy regeneration by 10%, reduces the chance to be critically hit by 6%, increases your Stamina by 20% and allows you to Stagger damage.

Stagger
You have a 85% chance to shrug off physical attacks, causing 80% of the damage to happen instantly and the remaining 20% to be divided over 10 sec.

This is only fair to other classes especially since blizzard considers druids to be 'in a good spot'
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
0
I have a feeling you do not understand the other tanks mitigation systems.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
14670
Okay, I'll bite.

Firstly, you're comparing the wrong warrior move there, you should be looking at shield block which reduces melee attacks by 30% and has a chance (Since I know that's what you're whining about) to reduce them by 60%. By averages, it'll reduce less damage than SD.

And let's not forget. Bears have higher passive damage reduction.

EDIT: Alternatively, to go your style, should we change bear mastery to more closely match other tanks, so that it has a chance to increase armour?
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Edited by Waniou on 10/3/2012 4:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
0
wow dude,, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.. You are making your point by just listing 1 of each tank's abilities...
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Elantor
wow dude,, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.. You are making your point by just listing 1 of each tank's abilities...


i believe my point flew way over your head...
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
14670
Perhaps if you had a worthwhile point...

It's how bears are. Other tanks have a mastery that boosts their active mitigation and their active mitigation isn't rng. Druids have a mastery that boosts their passive, always active mitigation but their active mitigation has an rng element to compensate. Is it properly balanced? We'll see. But that's the way it's designed.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
13870
10/03/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Waniou
EDIT: Alternatively, to go your style, should we change bear mastery to more closely match other tanks, so that it has a chance to increase armour?


This is not a good idea at all. You plate clad monstrosities have plenty of armor, when you're dealing with leather you have much less base armor right from the get go.

I would like to see SD reworked, but I don't think it's overpowered at all. Maybe in later gear tiers when we will have much more base dodge to begin with the 45% increase will be OP. The fact that it's only good against physical damage is bad enough, now you want to nerf it?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
10670
10/03/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Dwyanewade
The fact that it's only good against physical damage is bad enough
Incorrect. It's good against anything that's on the combat table, regardless of what kind of damage it is.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
10900
Whatever you're smoking I want some.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
17755
This is not a good idea at all. You plate clad monstrosities have plenty of armor, when you're dealing with leather you have much less base armor right from the get go.


...
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
0
10/03/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Dwyanewade
This is not a good idea at all. You plate clad monstrosities have plenty of armor, when you're dealing with leather you have much less base armor right from the get go.


Ha, hahaha, hahahahahahahahaha.

Press your Bear form button. Press C. Look up how much armor you have.

Now, compare it to a plate wearer.

Wow.

Wow.

Where do you people COME from?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
8960
10/03/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Dwyanewade
This is not a good idea at all. You plate clad monstrosities have plenty of armor, when you're dealing with leather you have much less base armor right from the get go.


My ilvl 391 level 85 bear has more armor than my lev 90 ilvl 451 DK. The Druid has a good 18k or so more armor.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
13005
This thread is going places.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
0
Help me Muspel.

I'm degenerating into maniacal laughter.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
13005
Help me Muspel.

I'm degenerating into maniacal laughter.

I thought that was your natural state?
Reply Quote
I'm considering printing this thread out and using it to clean up the next time i take a dump...

wait, that might insult my turds...
Reply Quote
I'm laughing myself because i don't think anyone gets what i'm trying to say. I have a point and a serious one at that and i'm shocked no one has picked up on it yet. Part of the reason why no one has picked up what i'm trying to explain i guess comes from the fact that 95% of the people on these forums just want to abuse one and another.

My point is about savage defense but i'm going to let this go some more to see if anyone can pick up on it...
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
14765
So far as I can tell, you're attempting to use sarcasm, and failing.

If you have a valid point, just come out and say it, don't try to hide it behind poorly designed hyperbolic jokes about "improving" other classes with the addition of pointless RNG. You got a beef with Savage Defense, elucidate it. Communicate openly and clearly.

Threads like this accomplish nothing because no one takes them seriously.

Unless of course, you are serious, in which case... there's nothing anyone here can do for you.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
14340
10/03/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Icefalcon
My point is about savage defense but i'm going to let this go some more to see if anyone can pick up on it...

Yes, you're whining about how it could potentially do nothing. I believe just about everyone picked up on this.
It just doesn't matter as much as you think it does.

e: yep, reread Waniou's posts, he definitely got your, erm, 'point'. You should probably go read those posts.
Edited by Ahanss on 10/3/2012 9:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
8960
10/03/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Icefalcon
My point is about savage defense but i'm going to let this go some more to see if anyone can pick up on it...


You keep missing how Druids have the highest passive mitigation to deal with nondodged hits.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]