Savage Defense is Over Powered

100 Draenei Warrior
Everybody gets your point. It's just your point is not worth getting.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think I get it...

Savage Defense
60 Rage
Instant cast 1.5 sec cooldown
Requires Bear Form
Increases chance to dodge by 20% for 3 sec.

Mastery: Improves the dodge chance of savage defense by 1% and the amount healed by frenzied regeneration by 1% per 600 mastery rating.

Prot pally style!
Reply Quote
Every other tank: high passive damage reduction, mastery is not RNG.

Druids: INCREDIBLY high passive damage reduction (25% magic, 12% physical, and the highest armor in the game), RNG AM.

Your class is fine, your attempts at sarcasm were/are beyond fail.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/03/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Icefalcon
I've taken the time to rework the other tanks AM using math and logic to bring them up to speed with were we are.

You don't even compare apples to apples with abilities, neglect all the baseline and passive modifiers of each Tank, and give no basis of comparison other than your own personal bias and QQ.

Your "point" is that you don't like SD RNG.
Your "point" is that everyone's AM button should be RNG.
Your "point" is wrong and completely unsubstantiated, much like the majority of your posts on these boards as of late.

Your "point" is that you don't like how Guardians are designed and no amount of mathematical evidence, logic, or proof will change your mind. Play another Tank or GTFO. Your juvenile tactic to illustrate some erroneous reverse-psychology/sarcasm point is not only badly executed, but utterly wrong.

You are bad and should feel bad.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
He's probably one of the people that thinks DKs are obscenely overpowered because we have more hit points than other tanks.

Also, OP:

10/03/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Fasc
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Warrior
Honestly 1 for 1 comparisons like that are pointless, there's so much more to a tanking class than a single ability. You could compare the list of paladin cooldowns (as an example) vs druid ones. Off the top of my head, pure damage mitigation ones, paladin has gotk, ad, dp, as well as potential with bubble taunt for hard hitting attacks and such. Druid has barkskin and si. Less cooldowns, druid must be underpowered.

It's silly, you have to look at the whole package, and it's simply too early to tell how it'll all play out.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
If you want people to see your point and agree with you, you're going to have to do much more than "lol, you missed my point" in your responses to the criticism.

Tis a pretty terrible rebuttal.

Also, SD isn't OP.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid

I get the feeling Fasc would have liked to reach through the screen there.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock

Getting Fasc to say something like this is a feat. Just saying.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I have to admit... I laughed so hard at Fasc's post.

Granted, I read only a slim portion of the OP's post (right to where I realised he was comparing SD to the wrong things), but I honestly can't tell if the OP things SD is actually overpowered, or if he's trying so hard at sarcasm that I missed it.

If he thinks it is... I think he should go look at prot pallies.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/04/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Druimeister
I get the feeling Fasc would have liked to reach through the screen there.

I had to drive late because I came down with a nasty cold and didn't wanna get the lady or the kids sick (I can quarantine myself at the parent's house and the boys have a soccer game coming up).

I saw this, facepalmed hard, and wrote. A friend of mine uses the "bad, feel bad" phrase often and it seemed very fitting.

BTW still grumpy and irritable so trolls and malcontents beware...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
10/04/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Fasc
BTW still grumpy and irritable so trolls and malcontents beware...

We love Fasc way more than Dr. Zoidberg is loved, though.
Reply Quote

Monks

Stance of the Sturdy Ox Brewmaster Stance
Instant
Has a 85% chance to reduce damage taken by 25%, increases Energy regeneration by 10%, reduces the chance to be critically hit by 6%, increases your Stamina by 20% and allows you to Stagger damage.

Stagger
You have a 85% chance to shrug off physical attacks, causing 80% of the damage to happen instantly and the remaining 20% to be divided over 10 sec.

Are you high???
Edited by Pingwoo on 10/4/2012 1:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
10/03/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Icefalcon
I'm laughing myself because i don't think anyone gets what i'm trying to say.

If you're the only one on your side of the table, then odds are good that you're the one who doesn't get it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Are you just annoyed by the RNG in bear mitigation? You seem to have added some to each of the other tank abilities listed.
Reply Quote

Monks

Stance of the Sturdy Ox Brewmaster Stance
Instant
Has a 85% chance to reduce damage taken by 25%, increases Energy regeneration by 10%, reduces the chance to be critically hit by 6%, increases your Stamina by 20% and allows you to Stagger damage.

Stagger
You have a 85% chance to shrug off physical attacks, causing 80% of the damage to happen instantly and the remaining 20% to be divided over 10 sec.

Are you high???

no kidding... that info is so outdated even beta won't touch it...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]