Zen Master of Cooking and Pandaren

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Shaman
We get a +15 to cooking skill - yet we don't get the achievement for cooking until we actually level our cooking to 615. Fix this please for future pandaren.
90 Night Elf Warrior
all racial profession buffs work that way
90 Pandaren Shaman
It's not meant to work that way, it's not like you get anything to learn after 600... and it forces you to get skill points up to 615. it should be 600/600 +15 like a fishing pole when equipped gives you +30 fishing etc. It's wrong.
90 Human Death Knight
They've always worked that way.
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/03/2012 10:59 PMPosted by Mangohs
It's not meant to work that way

I'd say it is meant to work that way, as it forces you to earn the same number of skill points as every other race before rewarding you with the achievement. Remember that you start out at 16 instead of 1, so you are still only doing 599 points.

It isn't 600/600+15, because that would not give you any benefit whatsoever, as you cannot train new skills until your actual skill level reaches the required level.
90 Pandaren Monk
The problem with this is that as a Panda we have to cook the same amount as every other race to obtain 600. We dont learn anything at any earlier level than anyone else. Yet this becomes a penalty for those that are cooking. Why should I have to cook 3 more items that are a pain to get materials for than other races.

10/03/2012 09:21 PMPosted by Rendán
all racial profession buffs work that way

I would say wrong to this. As I leveled skinning I got a bonus to what level mobs I could skin but when it came to obtaining the level requirements i.e. 300, 425, 525 600 I got the achieves for professional .... insert achieve title... So it does not work that way. For a prof buff we should be able to learn stuff 15 points prior to anyone else. Or just take the silly +15 away it really doesnt do anything for anyone. A good buff would be that we can cook, skin, whatever faster than anyone else. Worgen skinning is 1/3rd of a cast time over anyone else.

Blizz please explain/fix this issue!!!!!
90 Pandaren Monk
And to add insulate to panda's in order to obtain the reciepe's for Pandaren and Great Pandaren Banquets we have to complete the quest to be a master. Which we cant cook the items until we have 600 points (NOT 615) to learn the recipes to cook all of the items to complete the quest. So this again is a penalty for Panda's not a bonus. Can we get a bluepost on this????
90 Undead Warlock
Goblins get their achievement when they get 615 Alchemy.
Blood Elves get their achievement when they get 615 Enchanting.
Draenei get their achevement when they get 615 Jewelcrafting.
etc.

Cooking and Pandaren is no different.

It's so you don't get the achievement, then race change, end up with the achievement for 600, but only having 585. Think of the achievement as "Attain max skill" rather than 600 skill. It only says 600 skill for forward compatability. Alternatively, think of it as "600 base skill", ie, 600 skill without ANY bonuses, including racial bonuses. Or "gain 600 skill points", since Pandaren start at 15, they need 615.

This is the way it's always worked when it comes to racial bonuses and professions.

It is still a bonus as it allows you to skill up cooking cheaper and quicker than any other race. Effectively the profession racials allow you to learn and craft things 15 points sooner than any other race, effectively bypassing many of the mat sinks that make it difficult to level a profession.
Edited by Khevyn on 12/16/2012 12:46 PM PST
90 Dwarf Hunter
Which we cant cook the items until we have 600 points (NOT 615) to learn the recipes to cook all of the items to complete the quest. So this again is a penalty for Panda's not a bonus. Can we get a bluepost on this????

So you're at 600 (out of 615), which would be 585 (out of 600) for other races. And you call that a disadvantage?

12/16/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Drunksailor
Why should I have to cook 3 more items that are a pain to get materials for than other races.

I don't think you fully understand how racial bonuses work for professions.

You're at 600/615. This means that if you weren't a Pandaren, you would be at 585/600. Which means you would then need to cook the exact same amount of food to reach the maximum level.
90 Pandaren Monk
Reviving this just to point out how wrong you are. Because we have to get to 615 that does not mean we have to cook less or equal to any other class. We actually must cook more. Our easy recipes go gray at 590, so while anyone else has to make 2 banquets for each way, we have to make 5 each!!! That is a ton more supplies. This racial proves to be a massive debuff.

Edit:

Please don't post in old threads unless otherwise instructed to do so by a forum representative.

This thread is now locked.
Edited by Dankorii on 10/23/2013 7:14 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]