Biggest Class nerfs of history?

1 Worgen Priest
Recent ones would be rogues to their current position or warriors from S9 to the trash they were in S11. Some even remember Rets TO THE GROUND!

Which class had the biggest nerf over a patch or over an expansion.

Currently thinking Ele shaman after being so strong in S8 to suddenly vanish the entire Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I wouldn't say the "biggest"

But disc got hit insanely hard by the nerf bat. many (and by that i mean A LOT) of our skills/utility/passif were either moved to glyph, nerfed and added in the new skill tree, or flat out removed

Rogue got hit hard aswell
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
3.1, the end of S5, had a pretty big list of nerfs in store for Survival. The most nerfs anyone's taken in one patch, I believe.

Something like 21+ straight nerfs.

Some were justified, TNT was pretty dumb (also hilariously fun), Glyph of the Monkey was very strong (A sprint every time you dodged, back when hunters could actually dodge stuff), and so on, but I'm not sure all of them were necessary.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
They didnt nerf rogues..lol

You can still be globaled in a dance.

Only FOTM rogues think rogues are nerfed

Rogues are definitely nerfed, and you clearly don't play one. The design direction is not bad at all (if anything they increased our skill cap), but we simply do not have the required resource regeneration and combo point generation to maintain all of the now-necessary buffs and debuffs. Our cooldowns are too lengthy for us to realistically survive being focused in anything lengthier than a 5 minute match. Backstabs are hitting for a fraction of what any other class hits for, while using half of our (slowly regenerating) energy pool. To put things into context, I've been hit for 89k by a Heroic Strike while in full PVP gear, while my Backstab crits have yet to exceed 50k and typically deal ~10k. Hemorrhage does even less damage, yet is necessary to maintain any sort of combo point generation while slowed and unable to get behind your target.

Our only real damage right now stems from Eviscerate, but the build up required to get to that point is unbelievable, and it doesn't last long. It takes about 20 seconds of uninterrupted combat to get all of our necessary buffs/debuffs up, and they only stay up for around 40. One Shockwave will ruin my whole necessary rotation, and I will have to temporarily sacrifice resource regeneration or 20% damage in order to get some cheap damage in with a 5 point Eviscerate. Any other class can simply hit their burst button and go to town, perhaps waiting for an opportune moment. Rogues need to keep three different energy-intensive and combo point-reliant combos going to maintain any sort of damage and execute a solid burst, and it still pales in comparison to every other class's burst.

I'm not sure you know what globalled means, but we are DEFINITELY not globalling people.

If you mean we can kill people in one stun, then you are STILL exaggerating. Even when the stars align, an equally geared rogue will not be able to kill an equally geared opponent in one stun. Even if we could, it would take at least 20 seconds of preparation, or an intelligent swap.

I like that we require skill to play now and can't literally come out of stealth ripe to kill someone in 5 seconds, but as is our damage is undertuned, we are too energy starved, and there are simply too many skills that burn away necessary combo points. We can be competitive (especially against undergeared opponents, as per usual with rogues), but we are underpowered and have definitely been nerfed.

Biggest class nerf ever was when they removed /e chatting through Priest's Mind Controlling. I lost many good horde friends that day.
Edited by Sneekay on 10/4/2012 12:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
3.1, the end of S5, had a pretty big list of nerfs in store for Survival. The most nerfs anyone's taken in one patch, I believe.

Something like 21+ straight nerfs.

Some were justified, TNT was pretty dumb (also hilariously fun), Glyph of the Monkey was very strong (A sprint every time you dodged, back when hunters could actually dodge stuff), and so on, but I'm not sure all of them were necessary.

Remember Wyvern sting got nerfed 3 times in the same patch lol.

think but dont quote me it was..
1. longer CD
2. shorter pvp duration
3. didnt replace serpent sting
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

Only FOTM rogues think rogues are nerfed

If you genuinely think rogues didn't get nerfed between cata and now you're actually completely retarded
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
Feral in s9 was massively over nerfed.

If anyone remembers how badly ferals were neutered (esepcially against frost mages), they may have come across this picture:

http://cheezburger.com/4443242752
Edited by Khanner on 10/4/2012 1:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/04/2012 12:45 AMPosted by Sneekay
but we simply do not have the required resource regeneration and combo point generation to maintain all of the now-necessary buffs and debuffs. Our cooldowns are too lengthy for us to realistically survive being focused in anything lengthier than a 5 minute match. Backstabs are hitting for a fraction of what any other class hits for, while using half of our (slowly regenerating) energy pool

LOL FERAL
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Priest
hey didnt nerf rogues..lol

They did get nerfed from cata to mop but imo they where OP in cata. And I've been owned by Rouges allot in this expansion and they could be a little under powered, but think of it in twos they own hard core with a teammate! Maybe it's time rouges became a support class like ret paladins and shamans...
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
hey didnt nerf rogues..lol

They did get nerfed from cata to mop but imo they where OP in cata. And I've been owned by Rouges allot in this expansion and they could be a little under powered, but think of it in twos they own hard core with a teammate! Maybe it's time rouges became a support class like ret paladins and shamans...

Rogues were over the top but it wasn't nearly as bad as it looked. Welfare legendaries and PvE trinkets (x2 on humans) made us look 10 times worse than we actually were.

That being said, being overpowered in one season is not a justification for being poorly designed in any after. If that was the case, no class should be viable today. Rogues have always been strong because the design was good and the skill cap was high. The skill cap is still high, but now the design in beyond awful where they're not very fun or effective to play compared to other DPS classes.
Reply Quote
i think the current disc nerf was the biggest beating ever taken
Reply Quote
19 Night Elf Hunter
Uhhh...Resto Druids through Cata come to mind???....!?!?.?!?..

Or the atleast should. Like are you kidding me?
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
10/04/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Dishmayhem
i think the current disc nerf was the biggest beating ever taken
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]