Mogu'shan Vaults 10man Normal - Shaman Mana

90 Draenei Shaman
So, I was doing mogu'shan last night and my group downed Stone Guard and got Feng into phase 3 consistently before calling it a night.

My question is, how do other shaman feel about mana longevity? I feel like I can do great burst emergency and then spend the rest of the fight rotating mana CDs and using my severely weakened TC for mana regen, just to stay afloat.

I was wondering if other shaman were having similar issues or advice? Or if I'm just experiencing first tier blues.

Thanks in advance

P.S. our healer comp is pally, Druid and myself.
Edited by Dailee on 10/4/2012 4:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Just first tier blues. Make sure you throttle back when you can. Drop mtt early. After stoneguard the bosses are much easier up to the 5th boss, then chit gets real.

Would also say stack as much spirit as you can even at the sake of intellect. Flask and food spirit imo.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Well maybe on 10 man Feng isn't harder than Stone Guard. 25 man Feng was definitely harder.

But yeah, as Harpoa said, moar spirit. If you look at haste breakpoints, pickeled egg's proc is largely wasted. With 3 healers in the group spirit should be roughly tied with int in terms of raid output by my math, make blue your favorite color gem instead of brilliant red.

To put it in perspective, with food, flask w/ alch bonus, H-Heart of Unliving Stacked, I had 10.9k spirit during our Feng25N kill. 6-7 healers were drinking from my mana tide though so it was worth it for me to sacrifice a bit.

Here are the stat weights I use which is based on slightly better than napkin math [int=2.65, Spirit=1.7+0.30 per healer*, 1.5-1.8 for Crit/Mastery depending on the fight, get haste breakpoing]. This assumes 9k spirit already and balanced ~470ish gear.
*For mana tide eligible spirit, and you count as a healer. So as the only healer spirit would be worth 2.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/04/2012 05:58 AMPosted by Pitkanen
Well maybe on 10 man Feng isn't harder than Stone Guard. 25 man Feng was definitely harder.

Good to know, we start our 25 man next week as not everyone was ready this week and we are all kind of old. Think on ten man we killed him in 6 pulls with very little beta testing.

Looking forward to getting back to 25.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Thanks for the info. I was definitely trying to stick with int for red gems and spirit for blue, but I'll switch it up and adjust my gear gems and reforging before our raid tonight. Mana was really tight, and I'd like to be at half mana for phase 3 not oom and crying.

So more spirit and first tier struggles, Huzah!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
EJ is recommending the water shield glyph for that fight. http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t130574-resto_raid_healing_5_04_mop/#Water_Shield
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I don't suppose anyone has logs using water shield glyph? I was going to have our other shaman take it but I plum forgot.

I am less geared than he; I was usually around 10-20% mana going into p3, he was usually around 30%. I feel it is enough so long as you don't have the flame thingy going into p3 (which we kept failing at).

Did any of you worry about making sure his flame buff wasn't on from p2 to p3, or did you just force it and cd/heal through it?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
So, I was doing mogu'shan last night and my group downed Stone Guard and got Feng into phase 3 consistently before calling it a night.

My question is, how do other shaman feel about mana longevity? I feel like I can do great burst emergency and then spend the rest of the fight rotating mana CDs and using my severely weakened TC for mana regen, just to stay afloat.

I was wondering if other shaman were having similar issues or advice? Or if I'm just experiencing first tier blues.

Thanks in advance

P.S. our healer comp is pally, Druid and myself.

Honestly I haven't run into any issues with mana really on my shaman. Our comp is rdruid, hpal, and myself rsham.

I've been running the water shield glyph, and using mana tide at 80% mana, and then basically off cd from there unless mana feels okay.

I don't suppose anyone has logs using water shield glyph? I was going to have our other shaman take it but I plum forgot.

I am less geared than he; I was usually around 10-20% mana going into p3, he was usually around 30%. I feel it is enough so long as you don't have the flame thingy going into p3 (which we kept failing at).

Did any of you worry about making sure his flame buff wasn't on from p2 to p3, or did you just force it and cd/heal through it?

Here's a log from last night for you
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/tcbircjueljaouxm/sum/healingDone/?s=1119&e=1570

Also you have to have an odd # of draw flames go out or else healing is going to be too much for going into P3 if he still has stacks on him from P2. You can barrier every odd draw flames which mitigates the raid damage completely.

Here's my shaman's armory since I'm posting on the wrong toon: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowmoon/aliarya/advanced

Edit: just logged in my resto gear. missing an enchant on the weapon I got today though.
Edited by Eikocarol on 10/4/2012 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I was debating Water shield but I think I misunderstood the tooltip. I thought you only got Mana back when attacked (ie from adds or the boss) not from aoe damage.

Thanks for the logs, it's really helpul
Edited by Dailee on 10/4/2012 1:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
No problem hopefully getting pulls on star durgen tonight. Our lock might be streaming if anyone is interested. I will probably be playing ele though after the first few initial pulls to get mechanics down.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Having had wipes that lasted 8m, and your kill being 7:30, it does indeed look like the glyph gives back more. Thanks so much!

Also yes, I would love to watch a stream. :3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Having had wipes that lasted 8m, and your kill being 7:30, it does indeed look like the glyph gives back more. Thanks so much!

I'll get his stream link when he logs on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

stream is twitch.tv/br4sh
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]