Dungeon kick feature

90 Undead Rogue
This feature should be disabled when people are grouping from their realm. I just got kicked from a dungeon because I called someone out on needing a lockbox. They even kicked me during the boss fight somehow. I get kicked from dungeons all the time because people are grouped together and don't like it when I call them out on ninjaing items that they don't need. I don't understand people from USA, you're all the same in dungeons. Complete D bags to everyone, not just in dungeons either, just in the game in general. The ability to kick people from a group removes all feel of a faction based game when in dungeons. It comes down to virgin goofs getting butt hurt cause I call them out on stealing items for their OS and then kicking me from the dungeon.
Edited by Kurojin on 10/4/2012 12:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Unfortunately, people can kick for whatever reason they want.

Your hair is red? Kick, etc :( as long as there is majority vote.
Reply Quote
55 Pandaren Monk
10/04/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Kurojin
I get kicked from dungeons all the time because people are grouped together and don't like it when I call them out on ninjaing items that they don't need.

Then stop calling people out. If Blizzard has enabled the need button for a player to click, they are fully within their rights to do so, whether you agree with it or not. They are also fully within their rights to initiate a vote kick for whatever reason they choose.
Edited by Musashi on 10/4/2012 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
The most common way I've seen of kicking during a boss fight is to have initiated the Vote to Kick before entering combat. The last needed person votes during the fight and it passes.

If you're joining random groups only to call those others out for behavior you consider unacceptable, they very well may consider THAT behavior unacceptable and decide they'd rather find another player to join their group. (The only behavior we have 100% control over is our own.)

The best way to avoid being kicked from a dungeon group? Make friends, join up with those friends in groups, do dungeons. When you surround yourself with people that you choose to be around -AND- who want to be around you, you don't have to worry about random strangers with differing opinions and being kicked from the group.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I get kicked from dungeons all the time because people are grouped together and don't like it when I call them out on ninjaing items that they don't need.

Then stop calling them out.

If a majority votes to kick you, you get kicked.
They do not need a "valid" reason. They do not need any reason at all.

The best way to avoid getting kicked is to not do or say things that upsets the others, regardless of your opinions on their behavior (such as rolling need on something you don't think they should have).

The kick system is a purely "mechanical" system. It makes no judgments on the validity of the reasons for kicking. It just does what it does (majority vote = kick). That's it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
10/04/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Kurojin
Now ninjas can just take items and then kick you from the group cause you say something about it.

Well you can't "ninja" in WoW, so why are you calling people out? If you called me out for hitting the need button when I'm allowed to by the rules then I might kick you as well. Just because YOU don't think someone should do something doesn't mean that they think the same way.

Blizzard has made it very clear that if the Need button is available then it is well within the rules for a player to use it. Calling players for breaking rules that aren't being broken isn't going to sit well with those players.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
10/04/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Kurojin
The vote to kick feature was created so that pre made groups can do whatever they want and have even less repercussions.

Well no, the Vote to Kick feature was created so that groups, pre-made or otherwise, have some control over the group makeup. It is understood that not everyone will get along with one another. For those that may not fit well with the others in the group there remains an option to remove them, and hopefully find someone who is better suited for that group.

Keep in mind that the Vote to Kick feature doesn't allow the unconditional removal of anyone and everyone. What you may do often depends on your history with the feature. If you are prone to initiating and participating in removing folks from a group fairly often, your ability to do so may be hindered with an increasing cooldown. If it is something you rarely or never do, you may have more options.

Need before Greed allows anyone who qualifies for the item to roll for it. While you may not agree that they "need" the item, that is entirely irrelevant as the system cannot look at motivation nor will it determine if the item itself may or may not be an upgrade. The fact is, if they qualify, they may roll.

This is still a social game, and if you are causing strife within a group, and there is the option to remove the source of that strife, folks are more likely to take it.

So one of two things would likely need to change. You'd need to understand that a persons' ability to roll for an item gives them the right to, regardless of the desires of others. Or, you should form your own groups with people that you are more familiar with and who agree with your stance on loot.

If you otherwise feel the Vote to Kick feature should be altered in some way please feel free to post your feedback in the appropriate forum. General Discussion or even Dunegeons & Raids would be best.
Reply Quote
68 Pandaren Monk
I don't understand people from USA, you're all the same in dungeons. Complete D bags to everyone, not just in dungeons either, just in the game in general.

I guess everyone from whatever country you're from are a bunch of stereotyping cry babies then? Or psychics I guess since you can somehow claim to know how everyone in a nation is based on your experience with, maybe, a couple hundred of the millions of them that play WoW.

But no, go ahead and act like you're better than people you don't know. Just know that I live in the US and I know for a fact that I don't do those things and that you do stereotype people, so at least my beliefs about you are valid.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Rogue
This feature should be disabled when people are grouping from their realm. I just got kicked from a dungeon because I called someone out on needing a lockbox. They even kicked me during the boss fight somehow. I get kicked from dungeons all the time because people are grouped together and don't like it when I call them out on ninjaing items that they don't need. I don't understand people from USA, you're all the same in dungeons. Complete D bags to everyone, not just in dungeons either, just in the game in general. The ability to kick people from a group removes all feel of a faction based game when in dungeons. It comes down to virgin goofs getting butt hurt cause I call them out on stealing items for their OS and then kicking me from the dungeon.

I'm just going to go ahead and say while I agree the vote kick system still could use some tweaking, your sweeping generalizations about people from the US are completely uncalled for. Do what you will, but if you're going to complain on the forums about an in-game feature at least do so without berating an entire country.

If your attitude in your post is the same way you present yourself to others in your dungeon groups, then perhaps you aren't being vote kicked for speaking against what you feel is unfair. Maybe it's because your attitude is atrocious.

Also, what Vrakthris said.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]