Druids who flight loot.

40 Orc Warlock
10/04/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Eatmybolt
. Be fair, you never kept a class at superiority for long so why do they keep the upper hand at farming?

and yet druids.... in vanilla... years.. :(
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Full disclosure: My former main, a night elf druid, is my gatherer for all my ores and herbs.

With that said, I think this is less of a druid problem than a rudeness problem. If you land and start to fight a mob near a node, any class—not just druids—can land next to you and take the node, then leave, because the mob has already aggroed you and will leave them alone.

And getting rid of gathering in flight form would do nothing to help other classes when they're competing with a druid for a certain node. They can fly down and grab the herb, but because dismounting is instant and automatic, other classes can fly down and grab the herb just as fast. The only advantage that gathering in flight form offers is that you don't have to re-mount, so you can save time and escape mobs. That is, the advantage comes after the node has already been gathered.

Druids are better at gathering overall, but they're no better at gathering a specific node than any other class.

Phaydre:
Some people are jerks, but some of us respect fellow herb'ers who already arrived at a node.

You only see the ones who swooped in and took it. You don't see all the people who flew away because they saw you were there first.

I always do this. :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I don't see why this is much of a problem. Druids are one with nature, being able to turn into a bird gives us the ability to swoop in like real birds and pick what we want. That's something that is reasonable because we use our claws for it unlike mining where we need hands.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/04/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Phaydre
You only see the ones who swooped in and took it. You don't see all the people who flew away because they saw you were there first.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Blizzard, I thought by now you would have this changed. Every other class who wants to loot an item such as herbs or even mining will have to make sure there are no other mobs around or they'll get attacked and interupted. While us other classes are clearing the way, the @$$holes of the sky come swooping in without a fear of attack and jack the things we were going for. If you want us to hate them less, get rid of it. Have them exit flight form in order to loot just like the rest of us. Be fair, you never kept a class at superiority for long so why do they keep the upper hand at farming?

boohoo.

10/04/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Lhuca
the @$$holes of the sky

can this be a title pls ??

+1
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/04/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Shikoku
Its one freaking profession. Druids can't mine in flight form or do anything else in flight form. Other classes have advantages/disadvantages to things. How is that any different?

It's not any different. People just need something to complain about no matter how arbitrary it may be.
Reply Quote
19 Night Elf Druid
remember when druids got flight form 2 levels before everyone else? This guys QQ is nothing compared to that haha!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
It's not fair that Mages can teleport anywhere they please but other classes have to travel by boat/tram/zep- different classes have different perks.
QQ 2007 QQ
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
10/05/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Daarkorion
remember when druids got flight form 2 levels before everyone else? This guys QQ is nothing compared to that haha!

It's also free now and auto learned at 58. KEK.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Big deal.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I would like to share a story.

Today I was flying around, waiting for a que. I saw a lone orc warrior trying to farm some lotus on top of the mountain. I swooped down, shifted out of flight form and helped him kill his mobs. He clearly was in over his head. After all was said in done, he /bowed. I was very grateful he realized I was being kind. He then walked over to loot the silly little flower, and right before his casting time finished... I typhooned him off the ledge.

At least I didn't loot in flight form.
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Warlock
no
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Today I was flying around, waiting for a que. I saw a lone orc warrior trying to farm some lotus on top of the mountain. I swooped down, shifted out of flight form and helped him kill his mobs. He clearly was in over his head. After all was said in done, he /bowed. I was very grateful he realized I was being kind. He then walked over to loot the silly little flower, and right before his casting time finished... I typhooned him off the ledge.

+2
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

haha
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Blizzard, I thought by now you would have this changed. Every other class who wants to loot an item such as herbs or even mining will have to make sure there are no other mobs around or they'll get attacked and interupted. While us other classes are clearing the way, the @$$holes of the sky come swooping in without a fear of attack and jack the things we were going for. If you want us to hate them less, get rid of it. Have them exit flight form in order to loot just like the rest of us. Be fair, you never kept a class at superiority for long so why do they keep the upper hand at farming?
I agree that it's unfair for druids to pick up herbs using flight form. As for mining druids have never been able to mine ore in any animal form.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/06/2012 12:29 AMPosted by Starcaller
+2

10/06/2012 12:36 AMPosted by Catwomán
haha

^_^
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
they did make it now so when a player starts herbing a node its tapped, and can't be gotten until they finish or break their cast, which suchs because I was so used to running down someone half way through there herb cast and still getting the herb now it just goes "target tapped"
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
something unique about a class? NERF IT!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/05/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Tokiwa

Ah but you are a druid, we're automatically hated regardless.

Still +10 for that one....

Thing to the op is that only TAURENS have the fast herb picking speed... you'd have the same issue with a tauren paladin or tauren DK...

Druids swooping in and picking herbs is just a small perk of our class.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]