Please, do not nerf Elegon

90 Goblin Shaman
A normal mode that is actually tough or requires a gear and skill check is the best thing that has happened to a first raid tier in WoW for a while.

It's time we actually see a worthy PvE race and progression.
Reply Quote
A normal mode that is actually tough or requires a gear and skill check is the best thing that has happened to a first raid tier in WoW for a while.

Ummm, you do realize they already have the progressive nerf planned and ready to go.

Probably in the first two months.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ummm, you do realize they already have the progressive nerf planned and ready to go.

Perhaps even sooner, given this Morhaime quote about their Cataclysm experience:

One of the things with Cataclysm that I don't think we got right was the difficulty curve. A lot of people hit a wall and found it frustrating. We made some adjustments over time but probably not quickly enough.

( http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-09-25-morhaime-i-stopped-predicting-subscriber-numbers-a-long-time-ago )

The first part of that we knew, but the last sentence is new. This suggests something like "react faster to player issues" is on some governing powerpoint slide somewhere inside Blizzard. They do seem to be altering various things rather quickly here at the start of the expansion.

Having said that, I see lots of people puttering around sampling the smorgasbord of game features and not being in any great hurry to gear up for LFR, never mind normal modes. So maybe Blizzard won't consider it a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
hi mash!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC

The OP probably is referring to a flat nerf not counting the progressives. Everyone knows progressives are coming which is why they added the FoS.

( http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-09-25-morhaime-i-stopped-predicting-subscriber-numbers-a-long-time-ago )

The first part of that we knew, but the last sentence is new. This suggests something like "react faster to player issues" is on some governing powerpoint slide somewhere inside Blizzard. They do seem to be altering various things rather quickly here at the start of the expansion.

Having said that, I see lots of people puttering around sampling the smorgasbord of game features and not being in any great hurry to gear up for LFR, never mind normal modes. So maybe Blizzard won't consider it a problem.

They seem to keep changing their stance time and time again. Progressive nerfs are fine and expected, but not sure what he means by faster. One minute they say they were able to tune normal modes to be more difficult with LFR now(About 1-2 weeks back), but now they say they need to nerf it faster? Not sure what to expect, but so far it's really fun and nerfs are expected.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]