New Customer Service Hours

(Locked)

80 Blood Elf Paladin
I have a quick question about the sticky posted above. Are these new hours for the Billing and Tech Support departments, or is this an entire new department devoted to helping customers with more issues?
33 Blood Elf Paladin
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact

Seems like Billing and Tech Support.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7481204/New_Customer_Service_Phone_Hours-10_4_2012
Edited by Holyångel on 10/4/2012 9:39 PM PDT
Support Forum Agent
It is specifically for phone support, so it impacts both Billing and Account Services as well as Tech. It is just for direct phone support though, a great deal can be done through the support site, and we hope to continue to expand upon that so that we can get to folks a great deal faster.
90 Undead Warlock
1. Phone queues are hours long and you have to spam redial to get into queue.
2. ??????
3. be open 4 less hours per day

am i missing something.

saw blue post after. i guess the ticket system might be more efficient. but still.
Edited by Yindar on 10/4/2012 9:49 PM PDT
4 Troll Hunter
I don't get it personally.

Wasn't it until 8pm PST before, and if you called up to 2 hours before they ignored your call because they were too "busy" and told you to try again.

The cutbacks begin?
Edited by Dinolok on 10/4/2012 11:27 PM PDT
80 Blood Elf Paladin
10/04/2012 11:27 PMPosted by Dinolok
I don't get it personally.

Because you don't work for Blizzard, and don't understand their internal staffing procedures.

10/04/2012 11:27 PMPosted by Dinolok
Wasn't it until 8pm PST before, and if you called up to 2 hours before they ignored your call because they were too "busy" and told you to try again.

Yes, it used to be until 8 p.m., which is way I was asking the question.

However, they do not ignore anyone's call. The phone queue is finite, and if it is full, they ask you to call back. If you are in the queue, even 10 seconds before 8 p.m., your call will be answered.

10/04/2012 09:45 PMPosted by Vrakthris
It is specifically for phone support, so it impacts both Billing and Account Services as well as Tech. It is just for direct phone support though, a great deal can be done through the support site, and we hope to continue to expand upon that so that we can get to folks a great deal faster.

The way the sticky was worded, it sounded like a whole new department was being opened up to phone calls. Thanks for the clarification, though! :)
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
10/05/2012 08:04 AMPosted by Skjellyfetti
Just when I thought they were making efforts to improve the phone queue.

Think about that for a minute.

Blizzard hasn't announced any layoffs, and there's still job postings for Billing reps on the career site.

More reps on duty at the same time (because of more concentrated hours) will equate to faster call handling and quicker queue movement.

This is (potentially, at least) a very good thing for phone queues.
"In the name of Elune, I will punish you!"
25 Night Elf Druid
10/05/2012 08:04 AMPosted by Skjellyfetti
1. Phone queues are hours long and you have to spam redial to get into queue.2. ??????3. be open 4 less hours per day

This. Just when I thought they were making efforts to improve the phone queue. I am disappoint.

Finally. Something you and I agree on.

In my (not so humble ) opinion this drives further home of the "We don't want to talk to you! Go AWAY!" attitude of the past year or so.

Getting rid of the various emails that DID work, to a new ingame report system that does NOT work.

No. "If you utilize it properly it works", No, it does not. At all.

Utilizing the ticket system on the website is also a HUGE failure IMO. If your issue isn't covered in the drop down menu, you bascially have to lie to make one.

Name reporting? Don't get me started.

Forum coverage in any of the CS forums? Same thing, don't get me started.

No after an expansion they LOWER the hours of phone support? Yeah, brilliant move.

"Oh they're introducing new methods of support". No, they're not. They're just further removing themselves from the player base.

I've been posting on these forums longer than any Blue on the site. Now I find myself jumping on the "Blizzard-doesn't-care" train.

Sad.
90 Gnome Warlock
10/05/2012 08:19 AMPosted by Haytore
Except if there is a finite number of calls that can be accepted due to phone line limitations, it won't matter how many reps they have. They'll just be doing it for 4 hours less each day.

True, except that with more reps they will be able to answer more of those calls to clear up the lines faster.
90 Undead Warlock
10/05/2012 08:36 AMPosted by Scuba
Except if there is a finite number of calls that can be accepted due to phone line limitations, it won't matter how many reps they have. They'll just be doing it for 4 hours less each day.

True, except that with more reps they will be able to answer more of those calls to clear up the lines faster.

If it works, good then. Queues have been horrible for the last 6 months.

That being said, I'm not holding my breath that this will resolve anything and will wind up back firing in the end.
90 Draenei Shaman
Right, but in the last little while, it apparently hasnt been a LINE limitaion (though could still happen), more of a QUEUE limiation. The queue was limited to an amount, that yes, it COULD have more added, but it would make the queue times even LONGER once you got through.. which doesnt help anything.

From what i have seen lately, while yes its a pain to still get in the queues, the people saying once they ARE in, they are in and out in 20 mins.. .which is alot less than it has been in the short recent past. So they are improving something on the number of calls answered.
With having MORE poeople on for that same period of time, they could open the queue's a little wider then, and still possibly maintain the same lvl of queue time being lower.
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
May I suggest that we not play Chicken Little until we've seen how this actually works out (or doesn't)?
"Grathan's trouble, see. Big trouble. Mad scientist type. Likes weapons. Cyborgs. Droids. Ergonomic chairs." -- Captain Bryn
33 Blood Elf Paladin

But the MVPs have consistently said that they can't hire more reps because they are maxed out on physical phone lines. I can probably pull up 12 links to posts from MVPs about "maxed out physical phone lines".

Are they suddenly capable of getting more physical phone lines after we were told they couldn't?

Queues are only software so they could always be increased and we were told it was a physical limitation.
Edited by Holyångel on 10/5/2012 9:06 AM PDT
90 Gnome Warlock
I see this from both sides, I really do. I think the problem is trying to change a system that has worked well for so many years, into something that has the potential to work very well. However the problem is that for the new systems to work, players have to use it correctly and start to utilize the proper avenue for what they are doing.

This is a problem for a few reasons, chief among them being that humans don't like change. The players have been used to doing things one way for years and it has always worked. Now those same players are being told to do something completely different, human nature is going to make them resistent to that, not seeing imediate positive results just reinforces that distrust and resistences.

The new reporting system depends on everyone using it to report things they see in game. The problem now is that we are seeing a lot of players don't report issues and simply ignore them. That makes it look to those that do report the issues that nothing is being done because not enough people are reporting. Now, some of those situations are a, "get a thicker skin, ignore, and move on!" type of thing. However there are others that simply make it look like Blizzard doesn't care on things that they should.

If the new system is utilized correctly it can work, and work well. The problem is that I'm not sure at this stage of the game if such a drastic change will even have a chance.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]