Bm vs arms warrior

100 Orc Hunter
looking around at the very few pvp videos up on youtube it looks like arms is a beast even vs bm hunters. any of you pvp bm hunters have experience winning vs them if both of you guys have your cds? i am also wondering about the dks... they also look beast.

i assume that we need to keep at least one bird of prey in our slots so we can dismiss in a deterrence and get it out for the disarm when they do the 1 shot macro. maybe we also need a spider... and then three spirit beasts (not sure).

i also assume we are going to have trouble getting through second wind without cds being used.

interested to hear how you guys are doing and if you know of any good videos.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
You need to stay close to a warrior so he doesn't charge you, but not too close that he can strike you with melee attacks. Drop a frost trap to slow his movement, keep him concust and if he gets to close scatter, or jump back with narrow escape.

Key is to keep him far enough away that he can neither hit you or charge you. The rest is easy, blow all your cool downs and watch his health drop. Don't forget you also have intimidate, and depending on your pet, you may even have another stun.

And most importantly, keep moving. I try to run circles around the warrior while staying at a set distance to avoid his charge. I also don't bother changing pets, just nuke em with what you have.

No trouble with second wind. Just keep him at distance and you will be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Depends, If They have CDs and you dont, - you die.

If you have CDs and they dont, - they die.

If you both have CDs- you probably gonna die in my experience, depnds on how many stuns they took.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
looking around at the very few pvp videos up on youtube it looks like arms is a beast even vs bm hunters. any of you pvp bm hunters have experience winning vs them if both of you guys have your cds? i am also wondering about the dks... they also look beast.

i assume that we need to keep at least one bird of prey in our slots so we can dismiss in a deterrence and get it out for the disarm when they do the 1 shot macro. maybe we also need a spider... and then three spirit beasts (not sure).

i also assume we are going to have trouble getting through second wind without cds being used.

Actually and Im not trying to be a smart azz, but an arms warrior should have ALLOT of problems vs bm hunter.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

Actually and Im not trying to be a smart azz, but an arms warrior should have ALLOT of problems vs bm hunter.

Not if they stunlock you down to 20% then execute.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Shuld never lose as a bm hunter
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

Not if they stunlock you down to 20% then execute.

I might be missing something then because I dont see how they can stun lock a bm hunter. In the worst case scenario my duels / fights have went like this....

War stun - BW....war stun - trinket....disengage with narrow escape while dropping explosive trap ( glyphed ). War charges for another stun and stuns me but procs the trap knocking him back. Comes again with gap closer, pet stun as he stuns me....deterrence...readiness.

Now I have all my get out of stun and escape moves back and he doesnt. Dont get me wrong I know its different at 90, but i pvp allot...havnt this expac though, save for the occasional ganker.
Edited by Raygar on 10/5/2012 9:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
at 85 i didn't lose to warriors of any spec. from what i am seeing warriors DO have ALLOT of "problems" with bm hunters, but having problems doesn't mean that they don't have the advantage.

make sense to me that whoever has cds wins. it also makes sense that if both do then the warrior has the advantage. zumio, who is one of the really good pvp hunters, had a video guide for warriors and even at 85 he took binding shot instead of silencing when dueling them in order to win. in those duels the warrior didn't have avatar and the hunter didn't have stamp.

with the burst that a warrior has at 90 the BM is in some crazy straights. also cause the warrior can, and if he is good will, pop defensive stance and shield wall and so on and so forth to outlast your burst cds. defensive stance alone will give him 25% damage reduction. stance dancing is still alive and well. you will have to try and do the same with his. if he can get you to blow your escapes before he blows his "kill you" cds then he has you as i see it.

i am hearing a lot of taking one bird of prey in the stables for the disarm when he pops avatar. deterrence > dismiss and get pet > disarm > scatter shot > you will still need something. if you do the following then you should get around 14 seconds (he will have 1/2 reduction on the disarm) off of avatar... but he will still have 6 seconds left and they don't need much to ruin someone with those burst cds. luckily war banner will not be around then and a few of the others will have worn off... i believe the trinkets will still be alive and well for 6 seconds.

warriors actually have REALLY good mobility. they have charge and heroic leap AND they CAN and WILL intervene to their BANNERS. BOTH their demo and mock banner can be intervened to. the other strat they use is to "interrupt" your dps when they are in second wind range to heal up... even a few seconds is ALOT. stun and heal up, fear and heal up, heroic leap away and heal up (oh you can still shoot him with your massive arcane shots but your pet will SLOWLY be running over to him and so you will lose that dps and he will gain that healing).

if played well its not "easy" either way. i have heard some using the glyph to give you speed when you move over your ice and make the area bigger to deal with melee (black ice and ice trap).

anyone else want to give their say-so here?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMPpuBQKpP8&feature=plcp

Just start at 4:10 if you want to see warrior vs hunter.

What is even "crazier" is that the start of this clip is where the warrior kills the fire mage and then right away kills the hunter. The warrior used most of his burst to kill the mage and so didn't even have it for the hunter. Right after this is a straight up 1v1 hunter vs warrior to check that out if you like.

Also the warrior posted it in the dd forums saying that warrior is crazy right now
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Also, I use tranqshot monitor and since I get focus easy as bm, I will use it often on something that looks red. Removing enrage buffs on a warrior is a critical azz saver sometimes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/06/2012 08:37 AMPosted by Raygar
Also, I use tranqshot monitor and since I get focus easy as bm, I will use it often on something that looks red. Removing enrage buffs on a warrior is a critical azz saver sometimes.

All it does is remove a 10% damage buff (for arms, somewhere in the 20-30% for fury) which lasts for 6 seconds, and will most certainly come back up if the warrior is reck-bombing.
Reply Quote
93 Undead Hunter
I've seen some pretty ridiculous warriors... Not like I've been vastly outgeared, but I have been dropped in seconds flat from full health trying to kill warriors sitting at 20%.

Second Wind seems so powerful now... I've tried to finish some off when they were in Kill Shot range for 30 seconds straight and they just wouldn't go down. They weren't even using defensive cooldowns.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/05/2012 09:03 AMPosted by Raygar
War stun - BW....war stun - trinket....disengage with narrow escape while dropping explosive trap ( glyphed ). War charges for another stun and stuns me but procs the trap knocking him back. Comes again with gap closer, pet stun as he stuns me....deterrence...readiness.

Are you throwing Intimidate and Scatter Shot in there somewhere? I know you are I'm just asking. I haven't done it in the past, but a lot of others suggest running with a stun or disarm pet.
Edited by Zouka on 10/6/2012 11:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
You need to stay out of charge range, save disengage or det for when he heroic leaps to you. But still doesnt matter, if he has dragon roar hes gonna one shot you when your kitting him, he has shockwave hes gonna stun you cause shockwave reaches into the charge deadzone. then he kills you with something like this, MS 110k crit, Slam 75k crit, Overpower 90k crit.

Binding shot would work but since you have to give up your silencing shot its not really worth it.

Pretty much they have to be bad
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Oh and how could i forget, if you get him down to 30% your not gonna get him any lower due to second wind
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
Both classes are broken anyways.

10/06/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Zouka

Are you throwing Intimidate and Scatter Shot in there somewhere? I know you are I'm just asking. I haven't done it in the past, but a lot of others suggest running with a stun or disarm pet.

Ah, the amazing hunter that has no pvp expereience at all trying to throw her 2 cents into a pvp conversation again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/06/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Khanner
Ah, the amazing hunter that has no pvp expereience at all trying to throw her 2 cents into a pvp conversation again.

That zany lvl 1 warriors back. Hey, quit forum stalking me it's getting kind of creepy.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
my rotation for any melee class - wyvern sting - run to a safe distance - set traps - kite - disengage when hes close - netting him to the ground - concussin shot - serpent sting - arcane arcane arcane - concussion shot - set traps - basically - every move u have is a cc. use it and kite
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
10/06/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Zouka

That zany lvl 1 warriors back. Hey, quit forum stalking me it's getting kind of creepy.

You're the one that created a lvl 1 alt with my name, and posted AS ME.

Who's the creepy stalker?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Khanner get a life! Go eat some cheerios or something i promise you nobody here crapped in them.... yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]