Revenge of the vegetables, we need storage.

100 Undead Rogue
Here's hoping this thread doesn't get buried by "I WANT VANILLA BACK" or CRZ threads but here I go!

There is a severe bag issue going on in MoP due to the massive amounts of cooking ingredients and awesome fluff quest items.

My bags are probably 50% cooking mats and I don't even actively farm mobs, and since there are no banks near Halfhill, it would be a chore to go to Blossoms and get my stuff, come back to halfhill, then back to store the veggies and meats.

So how about this:
Make a fridge bank in Yoon's hut!

Make it available from Gina once you hit Honored with the Tillers, much like the irrigation system, plow, etc. Buy the box, Yoon sets it up in his hut, BAM! a fridge to store your ingredients.

I'd say you could make it cost 1000 to 3000g, depending on how much of a gold sink you want it to make. Make it as big as a normal player bank with the option to add more slots (Just like a bank!) or just make it a static 98 slot like a guild bank (no upgrade slots)

I think that would help a lot, players haven't gotten to the point where they have multiple gear sets in their bags yet, and I fear that will cause a lot of problems when that eventually happens.

So what do you say? Fridge bank in Yoon's hut?
Edited by Lysdexique on 10/5/2012 7:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Seriously? No one thinks that's a good idea?

Christ almighty, these forums...
Reply Quote
98 Worgen Warlock
I do agree that we need more space for materials and the storage would make a good idea
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
I'd really like to know if other people have ideas about that, because honestly, it's a bit of a problem, despite me having some big bags in my inventory.
Edited by Lysdexique on 10/5/2012 12:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You know what would actually be kinda fun? A pantry addition to our banks.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
10/05/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Tianjan
You know what would actually be kinda fun? A pantry addition to our banks.

Yeah that's basically what I mean, a "pantry" bank with 98 slots static or 28 slots with upgrades available next to your farm
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Sounds like a cool idea to me.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

We've already talked about this, lots and lots of times - on the Professions Forum where it belongs and threads aren't buried in 2 seconds.

Yes, this place gets Blue attention but so does email to Customer Service. So do all the forums and specific forums do get read and good ideas do get noted.

I'm sure Blizz realizes our bank and bags have hit critical mass but they also can't let our accounts become ratpack repositories and dragon hoards of wtf-useless (yet sentimental)-crap-piles. I've had to pout and destroy a lot of things over 7 years of WoW. Regrets yes but practical. Server and closet spaces are not infinite.

In the meantime, use your mailbox virtual storage space.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
I've been thinking this all along from the second day of farming when I realized this was gonna take up a bunch of space..
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I don't even do cooking.

And i still have enough vegetables in my bags to build a fricking house to store my veggys in.
Damn you farmcraft!!!! *shakes fist*
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I don't mean this to be off topic, it is about storage, just not the food goods.

The game has accumulated a LOT of "fluff" or I think as they're officially called, "vanity items". Quests, drops, archaeology, holiday rewards, these are cool, but for those that enjoy collecting them, they take up bag space and it would be incredibly nice if there was an alternative method of storing these.

A solution I had hoped might be considered in future patches, was something very much along the line of the pet and mount tab. It could be a simple "vanity tab", however, I had wondered if perhaps vanity items should become heirloom items. With pets and mounts now shared across accounts, this would allow for not only vanity items to be shared, but perhaps the BoA heirlooms people have been asking to be truly BoA.

It's just a thought. I myself find my bag space filling up, and having to dump stuff in order to continue functioning in game, more than I have for any expansion so far. I haven't even touched the cooking stuff yet...
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
I think it's a good idea. The food we need to carry and keep is more than we have bag space for. Not everyone is able to store it in the guild bank, so yes we need a solution and we need one now.

(I've been slacking on the forums today.)
Reply Quote
98 Human Priest

Seriously, you have no clue. I think it's a great idea and I'm not "No one".
Reply Quote
91 Orc Warlock
I thought I was the only one of the same mind. I literally had 2 and a half bags filled with cooking materials of Meats and Vegetables! Seeing how I'm focusing on leveling and dungeons, I want to save leveling professions for later...well I'm not going to get rid of al lthese material components that I'm going to need later >.<
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The number one tip IMO for increasing your bag space is to auction items you can easily buy back if you don't plan on using them in the next few days. Post whatever it is for the average price (not lowest for a quick sale). If it sells, you'll make a little coin. If it doesn't sell, put it back in after 2 days.

I carry three completely empty bags with me almost always, and my bank is maybe only half full. Get more comfortable with the AH and space will no longer be an issue.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Agree with the OP - would love more storage for cooking materials
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Warlock

I like this idea. More storage space is always a good thing to me.
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Warlock
The number one tip IMO for increasing your bag space is to auction items you can easily buy back if you don't plan on using them in the next few days. Post whatever it is for the average price (not lowest for a quick sale). If it sells, you'll make a little coin. If it doesn't sell, put it back in after 2 days.

I carry three completely empty bags with me almost always, and my bank is maybe only half full. Get more comfortable with the AH and space will no longer be an issue.

Why would we sell things we're going to be using excessively soon?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]