Did it have to be Ghost Mushrooms?

85 Night Elf Priest
So you changed the Alchemist perk flask to be a single craft done using Vanilla materials, which scales as you level. OK, check, sounds good.

Then you converted the mats to:
7x Icecap
7x Mountain Silversage
7x Ghost Mushroom

OK. Please think this through. On tiny backwater servers like mine, you don't get a lot of people leveling. And of those that do, not all are Herbalists. And of those that are, not very many spend any time at all in Vanilla content accumulating this stuff.

These mats probably sounded trivial when you made the change, but I've spent literally days combing my AH and asking in Trade and while I've scraped up the other two herbs, I'm still empty on Ghost Mushrooms.

Could this be changed to require something more readily available? Like maybe can we just take the pee here and make it...
20x Peacebloom
20x Silverleaf
20x Earthroot

or something? Or add an alternative that uses Cata or MoP herbs? Or something not found in leveling zones people spend < 3 hours total inside?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
You don't have a single alt that's an herbalist?

The ghost mushrooms are certainly the 'rarest' to come by, but there are always about 15 spawns of it in the northern cave in Un'Goro.

Worst case scenario, tip someone in your guild like 20g to spend 5 minutes and take the SW portal to Ul'dum, fly one zone north to Un'Goro, and pick 2 nodes of the mushrooms.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
lol...if I was having a bad day, this would have cheered me up.

I do agree those are some rarish mats however.
Edited by Jozie on 10/5/2012 10:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
They didn't want to make it easy as pie to get. Try getting Transmute Master at 85: 4 Living Steel. I do not feel your pain.. at all.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
ITT a bunch of people who have never played on low-pops

not everyone has farming alts (or any alts at all) either. I know how annoying it is OP. I actually preferred the old mats; at least people still farm cata zones
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Ghost Mushrooms are also plentiful in Maraudon.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
ITT a bunch of people who have never played on low-pops

not everyone has farming alts (or any alts at all) either. I know how annoying it is OP. I actually preferred the old mats; at least people still farm cata zones

Vanilla mats are required because the flask is now available it 300 or so (assuming). And even if we didn't have a whole bunch of panda / monk rerolls, even on low pop servers there is always someone with herbalism. Just spam trade chat with "WTB 7xGhost Mushroom, 20g each" and someone will eventually answer you.
Reply Quote
Step 1: Roll a DK
Step 2: learn herbalism, fly to ungoro
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!

The gorilla cave is just lousy with ghost mushroom. I needed them to make this guys flask, none on the AH, so I sent my druid down there. Had 2 stacks of the stuff in less than a 30 minute round trip.

If anything about low level alchemy needs to change, it's the goldthorn. You need it for just about every recipe from 225-300, and after an hour herbing in Arathi Highlands and Hinterlands (the "best spots" according to WoWhead) I had all of 2 stacks. And it was 27g a piece on the AH.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Worst-case scenario, you can hire an herbalist to go to Un'goro to get them for you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
10/05/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Kzaela
The ghost mushrooms are certainly the 'rarest' to come by

Only if you don't pick them yourself.

There's a bunch in the cave with the spore guys in Zangarmarsh, too.

10/05/2012 03:22 PMPosted by Positron
At least it's not grave moss :P

Grave moss isn't hard to find either if you know where to look.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]