Tank + Timed quest kills?

90 Dwarf Paladin
The Trainer challenge quests have so far proven themselves to be not possible for me to complete solo. They do not say group quest so I should be able to solo them, yes? Why on Earth would you put in a timed kill quest when low damage dealing classes exist. My off-spec is holy and that isn't changing due to poor game design. This has been the only insult to being a tank so far. The expansion overall is great but this is joke.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
We (tanks) sort of have ourselves to blame for this. We've spent the past 8 years focusing entirely on survival while worrying about our threat (aka damage) as sort of a back seat side effect to doing our duty. Its never been something that any tank has tried to maximize or anything. So now when Blizzard has decided to shift tank focus to promoting our own survivability, it makes sense that they'd think it alright to completely ax our damage.

I'll be the first one to say it; its entirely not fun and needs to be fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
you guys are insane tanks do plenty of damage i prefer playing my druid as a cat but questing and stuff i kill things faster as a bear and dont die as easily the trick is to pull as much crap as possible to get vengeance up. Like the rare mobs all over the place ill get hit by their hard hitting ability's on purpose just to get some vengeance going then pop a damage CD; its amazing what taking a 200k hit will do to your attack power. Its all in how you play your tank atm you can far out damage a dps spec as a tank if you do it right.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
My damage isn't that great and I'm on prot spec 100% of the time. I just chain pull and aoe down mobs, with second wind once I get down past 35% health they have no chance at killing me so it was hectic at first but after a few heroics I've been able to do fine myself. I've got less aoe than a prot pally, I don't see how they'd have less damage than me on aoeing down basic mobs.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
You have less damage on basic mobs due to veng fizzle :)
Veng, on certain encounters, can triple my AP
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]