A week of free transfers is not enough

90 Undead Death Knight
It isn't enough nor did it fix any problems. Queues are still over 2-4 hours long. Is there nothing they can say or do, and we just have to pay the money now? I've been on my server since 2007 and I don't want to leave my friends and guildmates because of the wait time to log in. I've barely been able to log in to play since MoP release...almost makes me wish I didn't spend the 40 dollars to just wait and by the time I get in after 3 hours I have to log because I have work in the morning.

edit: I shouldn't have to leave my friends and guildmates because I can't log in, and getting 80 people to transfer isn't going to happen. I'm used to the server queues when new expansions drop but it has never been this bad.

No response from blues about what is going on? Can we expect a longer duration on free transfers or upgrade servers? Anything? Or are we just sol?
Edited by Rumplez on 10/5/2012 12:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Knew it was gonna be Illidan before I even clicked the topic. Sorry bro, welcome to high pop servers.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
10/05/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Serrias
Knew it was gonna be Illidan before I even clicked the topic. Sorry bro, welcome to high pop servers.

I mean it could be worse, we can go back to being illidown versus illi-waiting-for-3-hours-to-play
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I just want them open so I can take the damn transfer.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
how do you know if you're eligible for a free transfer?
Reply Quote
33 Blood Elf Paladin
10/05/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Rumplez
It isn't enough nor did it fix any problems. Queues are still over 2-4 hours long.

Why didn't you transfer? Did you have an issue with the transfer process? Or are you one of those idiots who wants to complain but expect everyone else to transfer?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Kil'Jaeden can have 2-3 hour queues too. I actually have a friend that's staying at my place log me in before I get home and then I make sure to keep myself logged in some way. It's horrible how long some of these queues are.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/05/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Holyångel
It isn't enough nor did it fix any problems. Queues are still over 2-4 hours long.

Why didn't you transfer? Did you have an issue with the transfer process? Or are you one of those idiots who wants to complain but expect everyone else to transfer?

I think we have a winner.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

I will openly and gladly admit it is the later of the two. And plus my characters had mail on them from before MoP so I couldn't log in and get it.

edit: And it isn't so much everyone else needs to leave, it's something needs to be done for these extremely high pop servers. They can't and shouldn't have the same cap as normal ones.
Edited by Rumplez on 10/5/2012 12:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter

I will openly and gladly admit it is the later of the two. And plus my characters had mail on them from before MoP so I couldn't log in and get it.

edit: And it isn't so much everyone else needs to leave, it's something needs to be done for these extremely high pop servers. They can't and shouldn't have the same cap as normal ones.

I don't think the cap is some arbitrary number, it is how much the server can handle. Like you said, Illidown is worse though it might just be illi-holycrapthislagsucks.

Also, the problem isn't helped by people using scripts to stay logged in at all times.
Edited by Sayne on 10/5/2012 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Rumplez
They can't and shouldn't have the same cap as normal ones.

This is completely insane.

The "normal" servers remain at the population because everyone rolling on the "high" pop servers. They have system limitations.

If (random percentage) of players transferred, Illidan and the target server would benefit.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
10/05/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Danadmcballs
They can't and shouldn't have the same cap as normal ones.

This is completely insane.

The "normal" servers remain at the population because everyone rolling on the "high" pop servers. They have system limitations.

If (random percentage) of players transferred, Illidan and the target server would benefit.

I understand that, but there are already high pop servers and then the normal servers, the higher pop servers should be able to handle more because they've been like that for years versus the normal servers that are just there. Put more emphasis on the higher servers servers to be able to handle more use. You wouldn't put three high end graphics cards to be used on a c2d processor and hope your games run fine because of the cards would you?
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
10/05/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Rumplez
but there are already high pop servers and then the normal servers, the higher pop servers should be able to handle more because they've been like that for years versus the normal servers that are just there. Put more emphasis on the higher servers servers to be able to handle more use.

That's not really how it works. There is a hard cap of players each server can handle with out crashing. Just because some have handled more people longer than others doesn't mean that they can hold more people than their cap.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
10/05/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Tevinter
but there are already high pop servers and then the normal servers, the higher pop servers should be able to handle more because they've been like that for years versus the normal servers that are just there. Put more emphasis on the higher servers servers to be able to handle more use.

That's not really how it works. There is a hard cap of players each server can handle with out crashing. Just because some have handled more people longer than others doesn't mean that they can hold more people than their cap.

Which means their servers need to be upgrade. Which is the point I'm trying to make.
Reply Quote
25 Goblin Shaman
10/05/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Rumplez

Which means their servers need to be upgrade. Which is the point I'm trying to make.

No, it means that if you want to continue to play on a full server, you're going to have to wait sometimes. Or you can move. It's really simple.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I get in just fine, every day. Hell, I'm in right now, no queue time at all.

Which is why I didn't take the transfer.
Edited by Demecanos on 10/5/2012 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

No, it means that if you want to continue to play on a full server, you're going to have to wait sometimes. Or you can move. It's really simple.

From an operation standpoint, your point is farfetched. If their servers cannot handle the amount of people playing, they should upgrade to service their customers better. They have what 10 million people playing? And they are expecting to have the same server capacity as they did on release?
Edited by Rumplez on 10/5/2012 1:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
10/05/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Rumplez

Which would cost a lot of time and money and don't forget about the down time the servers that are being upgraded would have to take. While ideally that is what they would like to do practically it won't happen for awhile since they have other things that take higher priority.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

Which would cost a lot of time and money and don't forget about the down time the servers that are being upgraded would have to take. While ideally that is what they would like to do practically it won't happen for awhile since they have other things that take higher priority.

It took us 24 hours to upgrade our accounting system to our new server at work. It was done over the weekend while we were closed, but it is possible. And tuesdays servers are generally down for maitenance and down for awhile on patch days. Plan it out, that is why they have project managers. I would gladly be fine knowing I can't play for a day knowing I'll have no problems logging in after that, and I'm sure a lot of people on the higher pop servers will as well.
Reply Quote
They could upgrade the server, and more people would transfer. They would be full again.

Blizzard really should just put their foot down and restrict new characters being created on full servers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]