Patriane is a ninja looter be warned

1 Dwarf Warrior
Patriane: A tank paladin in our 5 man heroic ninja looted healer gear and quit the group. Be warned, this guy is a ninja looter.
Edited by Interruption on 10/5/2012 11:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
1) Don't hide behind level one alts.
2) It is not allowed to call people out on the forums.
3) It's dungeon gear, I promise you'll live.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Warrior
i dont want to be bothered in game if i post on my main. I am glad you support ninja looters. Good job!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
It's not considered ninja looting anyways. It's rude, but allowed. Queue with friends next time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Taken from: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/ninja-looting-blizzard-s-stance
What if I disagree with the way loot is distributed? Isn't that ninja looting?

No. Such disagreements are considered looting disputes, not ninja looting. A looting dispute occurs when a player loots an item for which they are eligible, but in doing so, goes against social looting practices (Main Spec > Off Spec, upgrades only, etc). While some looting disputes may be a social faux pas and can tarnish a player's reputation, they are not a violation of any in-game rule. Scams, however, are a violation, and may occasionally accompany a looting dispute.
We will not be able to assist if:

• Group Loot, Round Robin, or Free-for-All was used.
  • If Need Before Greed was in use. This is the mandatory loot method for groups created using the Dungeon tool.
  • Loot agreement was not clearly defined.

• A recent blue response on this very subject: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6759126954#16

Now, I don't condone the behavior. However, quit being scared to use your /ignore function if you're really that afraid of being talked to while in game.

I know Jadenwind is most likely of the same mindset as I am. So don't label someone as a supporter for something when we don't take the word of a random level 1 alt.
    Edited by Amilee on 10/6/2012 4:49 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Druid
    if it makes u feel good he was in a wsg against me and i camped him all game ;)
    Reply Quote
    1 Dwarf Warrior
    Taken from: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/ninja-looting-blizzard-s-stance
    What if I disagree with the way loot is distributed? Isn't that ninja looting?

No. Such disagreements are considered looting disputes, not ninja looting. A looting dispute occurs when a player loots an item for which they are eligible, but in doing so, goes against social looting practices (Main Spec > Off Spec, upgrades only, etc). While some looting disputes may be a social faux pas and can tarnish a player's reputation, they are not a violation of any in-game rule. Scams, however, are a violation, and may occasionally accompany a looting dispute.
    We will not be able to assist if:

• Group Loot, Round Robin, or Free-for-All was used.
  • If Need Before Greed was in use. This is the mandatory loot method for groups created using the Dungeon tool.
  • Loot agreement was not clearly defined.

• A recent blue response on this very subject: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6759126954#16

Now, I don't condone the behavior. However, quit being scared to use your /ignore function if you're really that afraid of being talked to while in game.

I know Jadenwind is most likely of the same mindset as I am. So don't label someone as a supporter for something when we don't take the word of a random level 1 alt.

Well what other reason would I have to air a player out on the forums? Warning others about this guy.

He also left right after he took the loot for his OS. IMO social looting practices when broken can be considered as ninja looting. Please explain to me what is considered ninja looting then? If taking loot for your OS and leaving group is not considered as such.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    "Ninja looting" is a common term used within many massively-multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) to describe the act of looting items from corpses, chests, and the game environment without permission.

considered looting disputes, not ninja looting.

some looting disputes may be a social faux pas and can tarnish a player's reputation

Let me say first, I'm playing devil's advocate and just debating the meaning of the term "Ninja looting". I'd be pretty riled and upset if what happened to your group also happened in a group I was in.

Because of the way the loot system is set for dungeons, if your class can roll on it, it's technically allowed by the system.

Is it crappy? Hell yes! Is it against social practices? Of course! Is it Ninja Looting? No, it's considered a social looting dispute.

When they changed how loot rolls appear in chat, I went back in and fixed it so you can see whether people hit need or greed. Here's how:

Escape Key ----> Interface -----> Display -----> check the detailed loot information box

Hope this helps.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]