Some moves that require conditions are bugged

90 Undead Warlock
Some moves that require conditions aren't working properly sometimes. For example sometimes I can have a bleed on something and blood in the water will still miss or i will chill something with the water waveling's frost nova and the ice lance won't hit twice or i will bleed something and my bear's maul won't hit twice. Is this intended or no?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/06/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Datfear
Some moves that require conditions aren't working properly sometimes. For example sometimes I can have a bleed on something and blood in the water will still miss or i will chill something with the water waveling's frost nova and the ice lance won't hit twice or i will bleed something and my bear's maul won't hit twice. Is this intended or no?

Do they state that they hit 100% of the time when the affect is in effect? If not, then they can miss. Abilities like Ice Lance are calculated as two distinct hits, one of which may miss while the other hits. The problem is in how they are displayed. When both hit, the damage is combined into a single number. If the primary damage fails to hit, but the secondary damage does hit, you'll see both a "Miss" message and the damage from the secondary hit. If the secondary damage fails to hit, it'll just show the damage done by the primary hit, which can make it look like the chilled damage didn't work.
Edited by Aieny on 10/6/2012 9:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Damn that sucks. Guess that means pets with these moves have a higher chance to miss considering it counts as 2 moves. Then i guess I just won't use them. Thanks for answering.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]