Log out...

100 Night Elf Warrior
Zen
I'm not here to complain about the ques. I've qued here during Vanilla and at the release of every expansion on Frostmourne. It's nothing new. What is new is the way people are staying logged in to avoid the ques. It's something I don't do myself, but a lot of people are doing it.

My main issue is this; They are not actually playing.

This takes up a spot that someone else could use who is actually at their computer wanting to play. Maybe there could be more server restarts? Maybe we could just have a server /readycheck?

Or maybe just log out when you're not playing...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/07/2012 03:50 AMPosted by Xon
What is new is the way people are staying logged in
Not new, been around a very long time with auto clickers and key stroke programs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Can't really stop people from doing it, while using third party programs is against the TOU and as is using macros / scripts to play for you, they're largely undetectable. Even so, many people stay logged in via training dummies, which is in no way illegal. I imagine very few people are actually staying logged in while they sleep now though, I haven't bothered since the first few days of release since there's very little reason for me to be online once again.

Everyone pays the same subscription fee each month, it's really up to them how they choose to play if they aren't breaking any rules.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
10/07/2012 03:50 AMPosted by Xon
My main issue is this; They are not actually playing.

While that's true, a lot of people do it so they don't have hassle when they actually want to play. If they want to use their computer that way, it's up to them. Personally I'll put myself in queue and go do other things, and play when and if I want to. I know it's frustrating but you'll have to put up with it a little longer.

10/07/2012 04:03 AMPosted by Mintii
Everyone pays the same subscription fee each month, it's really up to them how they choose to play if they aren't breaking any rules.

Pretty much this.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Zen
This post is more an appeal to players to log out when not playing.

The irony of the situation is people are clogging the server by not logging out in an attempt to avoid the ques they are creating.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
If you can't beat them, which you cannot. Join them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Or just flip off a cat.

http://imgur.com/gallery/CFs6P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
One
[22:28:56] Time played this level: 6 days, 23 hours, 33 minutes, 23 seconds

nolife
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Panda mages look odd.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I think they look super cute.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
10/07/2012 04:41 AMPosted by Orchitis
Panda mages look odd.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
f=CreateFrame("FRAME")f:SetScript("OnUpdate",function()if StaticPopup1.which=="CAMP"then StaticPopup1Button1:Click()end end);
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
10/07/2012 04:03 AMPosted by Mintii
Even so, many people stay logged in via training dummies, which is in no way illegal.

Does that really work? Stay attacking the dummy forever and you don't go afk?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
10/07/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Senatorz
Even so, many people stay logged in via training dummies, which is in no way illegal.

Does that really work? Stay attacking the dummy forever and you don't go afk?

I heard that they had fixed that to stop people doing it a long time ago.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I pay $15 a month for this game, If I want to log on and go to the god damn beach that's what I'm gonna do.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
10/08/2012 12:26 AMPosted by Vengenzqt
Attacking dummies doesn't stop you from going afk at all.

Can't say I've done it personally, one would think it keeping you in combat would be enough to stop you from logging?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Log out please. I'm 1726 in the queue.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Well then, I guess I have some liars on my bnet list.
Edited by Mintii on 10/8/2012 1:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]