90 Blook Tank...where to start?

90 Orc Death Knight
Hey wise folks, I just hit 90 recently, and I'm not sure exactly where to start as far as tanking goes. Used to you'd just run instances, get drops, and use points to buy gear. Now I can't seem to find any justice point gear that doesn't have some kind of faction tied to it.

I'm capped on Jpoints, and the whole thing is a bit overwhelming. Is there a guide somewhere on pre-raid tanking gear that anyone recommends?
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
wowhead.com has some decent stuff on pre-raid gearing bud. Other then that, I should hit 90 today as well, so im kind of in the same boat as you. I understand the faction stuff, but its gonna be overwhelming at first trying to get the handle on it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
If you have the gold just go buy the whole masterwork tanking craftables on the AH if its available. They also removed JP rep faction from all the gear besides valor gear. The vendors that carry all the gear can be found at Niuzao Temple and to be honest I think the 450 craftables are much better.

You can view my profile as I hit 90 two days ago and am wearing mostly BOE's and can tank all heroics without issue

Another tactic I used was specific queuing all the dungeons before going into a random, that way I learn all the fights on my own time. I started with the 4 heroics from the normal version then did all the new ones
Edited by Bulgingpants on 10/7/2012 10:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
All helpful advice, thanks. What about scenarios or whatever? I've heard people talk about them, but I have no idea what they are.

If the crafted blacksmithing items are better, what should I be using my justice points for?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
uh, heroics is a joke, its easier than normal in tbc. I tank heroics straight out of 90, esp with 15% all stat buff from random queue.

to start get 2 stam trinkets from brewfest

thats all u need, then just farm heroics for 463s.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I hit 90 able to do heroics, jsut by doing the Dread Waste's quests. I was able to get through virually without being healed unless I pulled more, which I do. Scenario's have a chance to give you gear, and the Justice Vendor on the west part of Nizaou-whatever in Tailong steppes-or whatever was able to sell gear without rep last time I checked.
Edited by Converted on 10/7/2012 12:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Cool, thanks everyone!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Blook

The D and K are on almost opposite sides of the keyboard! Are you people even trying anymore?!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/07/2012 06:00 PMPosted by Selsix
Blook

The D and K are on almost opposite sides of the keyboard! Are you people even trying anymore?!

But the K is below the O so a simple miss can cause someone to hit the K.

(⌐■_■)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/08/2012 12:34 AMPosted by Ugotpwnedby

But the K is below the O so a simple miss can cause someone to hit the K.

(⌐■_■)

Wouldn't it have been Blookd then?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Have you tried the website askmrrobot you can click on your current item slot and it will tell you what are the upgrades available for that slot and where to get them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]