Love how 15min turned into an hour and 15min

(Locked)

90 Goblin Priest
I would really like to play when i says i should be able to play, not an hour after i waited the 15min it was spose to be.
90 Human Hunter
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794831163
We will be performing rolling restarts on Sunday, October 7th, beginning at 10:00 AM PDT. Downtime for each realm is expected to be minimal, and the entire process should take approximately 1 hour to complete.

How did you read "approximately 1 hour" and get "15 minutes"?
Edited by Sakana on 10/7/2012 11:11 AM PDT
90 Human Priest
Each restart will take 15 minutes but take up to an hour to complete all servers. That means they're 10 minutes over, get over it
90 Human Mage
I had a similar problem, although it was a bit strange: I couldn't log in, but my friend, on the same realm, could. After a while, he logged out and tried to log back in, but couldn't. I don't have any idea how THAT happened...
90 Dwarf Hunter
To be honest, this did get me a little angry when I couldn't log in. Now as I'm looking at all the posts of people going into withdrawal from not gaming for an hour I can't help but laugh.
90 Troll Druid
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794831163
We will be performing rolling restarts on Sunday, October 7th, beginning at 10:00 AM PDT. Downtime for each realm is expected to be minimal, and the entire process should take approximately 1 hour to complete.

How did you read "approximately 1 hour" and get "15 minutes"?

Saturday, October 6, 2012 4:39 p.m. PDT

We will be performing rolling restarts for all realms beginning at 10:00 a.m. PDT. Each realm should be affected for no more than 15 minutes, with all restarts completing within approximately one hour.

-- That's where...
90 Pandaren Warrior
10/07/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Baltirk
I had a similar problem, although it was a bit strange: I couldn't log in, but my friend, on the same realm, could. After a while, he logged out and tried to log back in, but couldn't. I don't have any idea how THAT happened...

When you log-in.. You go through the Authentication server. When you're in-game, you don't. That's probably why. :x
100 Dwarf Warrior
I've read that the realm Argent Dawn got wiped: someone, apparently a disgruntled former GM, nuked the cities a few hours ago. I suspect they have everything locked down until they can assess the damage and see what else was done.
90 Human Hunter
10/07/2012 11:24 AMPosted by Brünö
Saturday, October 6, 2012 4:39 p.m. PDT

Mine was posted at 6:26 PM PDT. Don't use outdated information.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]