A pick me up for healing priests...

90 Human Priest
I am aware of the current state of priests at the moment, but all these depressing posts are really bringing me down on playing my priest. So, until Blizz decides to take a second look at us, I want to ask each healing priest on the forums why they are still playing their priest as a healer.

Personally, my priest was the first toon I leveled to max, and even though I wasn't very good, and perhaps still not very good, disc was my first spec and through the good and the bad I want to and have for quite a few years now stuck with it. I know our numbers are lower than the rest right now, but every class gets a nerf sooner or later and since I hold that "first max character" attachment to my priest, I just can't re-roll for the sake of numbers. I also hold hope that we will be fixed sooner or later and to stay positive, because giving up on priests and making the healing priest extinct from raids, isn't going to get us fixed any sooner. On that note, I think a more powerful message to be fixed would be to keep playing our beloved priests with tenacity, because you can screw us up, but we love our class! I really hope I'm not the only one that feels this way, because I honestly love disc, well, not even just disc, but priest healing in general, and I couldn't imagine having another main.

Side note:

This post wasn't meant as me saying that the state priests are in is fine, but it's me trying to give some words of wisdom so that more people will stick with their priests for the love of playing a priest. I for one, don't intend to let the more powerful classes take my place in raids, so until brighter days, I hope this can inspire some of you to not give up optimism for the priest.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I learned quite a bit from the translation from Wrath to Cata. Watching the beta through the summer it became very clear that the same thing that happened then was going to happen again. Thus, I've intentionally taken a long while leveling this character, enjoying the content and side content, knowing that it will likely take 6-8 weeks for them to get priests up to par again.

I don't know if the dev team just doesn't have a priest developer or what, but we've always been the last class to get worked over. It's clear that what little attention the team could give to Priests was directed toward Shadow, as answers and changes were extremely late to come for healing priests and we went live with many of the same issues as were pointed out for beta.

I really hope that they can direct more attention to an overall goal and cohesion of our spec. They had an idea early on that didn't pan out, but there have been a lot of good suggestions as to how to fix things. It's simply going to be a matter of time before they 1) analyze the actual data and b) decide on how to make things better.

Welcome to Cata 2.0. It'll be fixed, it will just take some time. Luckily, there are many different diversions to enjoy until that happens.
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Priest
Well I made this toon for 4.3 when I was going to xfering to a new realm to try healing. It was between this toon and the almighty Pally's. I chose this one because I was told they had the ability to do everything fairly well. Since then I have leveled a pally and shaman. I find that there is a lot to manage to ply optimally and I'm not sure if I like the style anymore.

Why haven't I switched yet? I like absorbs and pain sup and barrier. Those make a very compelling argument, however I not sure how long that will last.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
When I think of a healer in RPG's the first class to come to mind is the Priest.
They should be the most overpowered healing class, period.
We have TWO specs devoted to healing, yet I see way more shamans and druids healing than I do priests. It makes me sad.

I love my priest. First character to 70 in BC. First in Wrath, cata, and now MoP.

I just want some blizz love to the class.

We should be the go to healers, and everything else should be secondary.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I feel that we will get buff, or other classes get nerfed, so i don't want to go back to dps after playing a mage since vanilla. I want to heal and i will heal!!!! Even if i get insta gibbed through pain supp.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Been playing since Vanilla - This priest is my main and had all of the achievements.

Originally I was going to level my Pally to max level and kit it out first as a tank - but I leveled as Prot so everything was painfully slow - But I had a friend who is a Hunter and we leveled that and this priest together and ended up reaching 90 just as my pally hit 89 when I played it after and before they logged.

Then when I hit 90 I started doing all the dailies and rep grinds on this toon and that is why I and many others are sticking with it. Look at some of the Reps out there most of the priests are probably well into those grinds and do you really think they want to start that out on a new toon when they are halfway through.

Just like achievements locked people to singular toons because you want them all on the same one rep grinds are now doing the same. After daily farming through TBC and getting most of those reps - I don't enjoy doing Dailies but I will do them when there is a clear goal in sight.

I also know Blizzard is going to fix the class eventually and when they do I'd rather have some gear on it to go back to then none - also I can't be stuffed leveling a 3rd toon to 90 my hunter just to have fun in the game when it should be fun to play my priest.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I wish I had your optimism that Blizzard will fix the healing priest eventually. I have been playing my priest since vanilla and in the beginning the priest was the main healer and since that nerf after nerf has gradually eroded that. I have noticed that most priests on my server now appear to be shadow surely that must indicate that there is something drastically wrong with a class that Blizzard touted at the start of WOW as the main healer (that description has now been changed) I would be very surprised is any Blizzard developer played a holy priest constantly and could still state that there is nothing wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/07/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Saphi
Besides, if everyone rerolls then there would be no priests left to represent the class. Someone needs to stick it out. That said, I've since respecced to holy for both PvE and PvP, and while holy isn't in that good of a place either, it's nowhere near the mess that is disc right now.

Exactly what I'm thinking. I feel like alot of people are jumping to re-roll or switch shadow, and it really makes me sad. I don't really enjoy any other healers. I have a druid, I have a shaman, I've played around with paladins and none really feel right to me. Simply put, I'm not going to switch classes to something I dislike just to be competitive with the other healers. We'll figure it out somehow.

10/07/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Angeluss
I have been playing my priest since vanilla and in the beginning the priest was the main healer and since that nerf after nerf has gradually eroded that.

Priest healers have their ups and downs, typically being very weak in the start of an expansion. After a month or two we usually get buffed and suddenly everyone who said priests sucked and switched classes come back. It's the circle of life... *sings to myself*
Edited by Vailent on 10/7/2012 4:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
Because my horde shaman and Druid are ugly, and my belfadin has great hair but is weirdly boring.

Thanks for this, OP.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
I'm a disc priest, but I don't necessarily think of myself as a healer, at least not exclusively. I chose disc because it's a good, well-rounded spec for soloing. I play alone and have to be my own tank, healer, and DPS, and disc is pretty good for that.

Even though I switched from resto druid to disc priest just before MoP, and they immediately improved the former and nerfed the latter, I still don't regret the change. Disc is a lot of fun even in its current state. And I just can't imagine actually walking around in leather or metal armor; I'm much more comfortable as a cloth class.

And most importantly, none of the other healing classes have gnomes available. I spent too much time with a non-gnome main and I'm not going back to that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Is it OK if I just play it because it's fun?

10/07/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Maranwé
We should be the go to healers, and everything else should be secondary.

This would be even dumber to regress to now than it was in vanilla.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/07/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Noxanna
Thanks for this, OP.

Anytime! :)

I'm a disc priest, but I don't necessarily think of myself as a healer, at least not exclusively. I chose disc because it's a good, well-rounded spec for soloing. I play alone and have to be my own tank, healer, and DPS, and disc is pretty good for that.Even though I switched from resto druid to disc priest just before MoP, and they immediately improved the former and nerfed the latter, I still don't regret the change. Disc is a lot of fun even in its current state. And I just can't imagine actually walking around in leather or metal armor; I'm much more comfortable as a cloth class.And most importantly, none of the other healing classes have gnomes available. I spent too much time with a non-gnome main and I'm not going back to that.

This post just made my night. Thank you. :) I really do love the utility we have been able to bring, and honestly, I find priests to have a cool and different healing style, which I love.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I first started playing WoW consistently in TBC. I rolled a Holy Paladin because they were new to the Horde and I wanted to raid. Cleared Sunwell, had fun, awesome.

In arena season 3 resto Druid/Warrior was this OP lol2s comp. One of my guidlies even rolled a fresh Druid to 70 with leveling gear and teased how he already had 2200 shoulders.
Druid was the obvious FotM class if I was going to stoop to that level and reroll from my Paladin, but instead my attention shifted towards Disc Priests after a few of my guidlies had great success with them in arenas.
I loved watching skilled Disc Priest arena videos and wanted to be like them.

After buffing my raid individually every 5 minutes, Flash of Lighting my way through tier 4-6, and being the most boring literally 1 heal button (FoL) class and being CC'd every second outside of my pally bubble I rolled a Priest alt.
I loved my Priest, it was everything I though it was going to be and more in both PvP and PvE. I even got a couple 2K + achives in arena to make me feel like I have a 12 inch epeen. It became my main from WotLK until now.

Then Uncle Sam deployed my to Kandahar Air Field Afghanistan in the 101st.
Fastforward to Cataclysm where I have more time to play the game again and not have 6000K ms haji internet, Disc Priest seem to be right where I left them. I'm having a blast again.

MoP comes out and I'm excited as hell new expansion and I'm not over seas. Leveling with my wife who is also a Priest as double shadow, hell yeah they got buffed lets pwn baby.
I almost never ever post on the forums, but I'm almost always reading them. I see that Disc and Holy is in a bad even horrible place and try it out for myself.
Everything I can do at my level holds true to what everyone has been pointing out in the classes flaws.
I'm almost level 90 but I don't even have any desire to get there because of the position Priests are in (Disc and Holy).

At this point I'm only playing my Priest because I love my Priest and I feel that we are in such a bad spot Blizzard has to relook at our class if they are not insane.
When you have R1 arena players like Zelyx and Hydra saying Priests need help and WorldofLogs shows 4 healing Priests across both Disc and Holy out of 240+ healers in top raiding guilds because Priests are getting benched, you know something has to be horribly wrong.

TL;DR

Disc and Holy Priests are in a bad spot right now. Despite all the 'the sky is falling' threads Priests really do need help and I think Blizzard will fix us.
When? I don't know. How soon? I'm not holding my breath.

After I hit 90 today I'm putting my beloved Priest on hold until we get some love. I'm then going to do RaF with my wife and powerlevel a Paladin as a backup plan ( I hate Resto Shamans and Druids). I also have an 88 Mage and 85 Warrior if I want to go trololol FotM until Priests are fixed.
Edited by Itadakimazú on 10/8/2012 8:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Priest
I'm a pvp healer. I also love have a toe dipped in the shadow school.

I believe they WILL buff priests, simply because the raid numbers are so bad. Blizz always responds quickly to their precious raid content.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Because cbf rerolling druid.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I played this game with the intent of healing my brother's warlock. Well when he quit I went shadow and didn't look back at holy until level 85 in Cata. I fell in love with Holy healing in Cata, it had so much stuff for me to use and became the go to healer for my guild. Sadly now I am not that, I find myself not logging in as much as I used to because I know that I am not going to a raid or anything as a holy priest. All she is doing is dailies at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Priests have a LOT of fun tools to use in 5-mans. What is it, about 16 different heals available? It's fun having a perfect tool for any healing situation. And I'll only be raiding casually, so having the perfect class isn't absolutely required.

On the other hand, it's actually a lot of fun leveling as Ele/Resto, so I'll have a backup toon shortly :D
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I'm still playing my priest 1) Because I'm too lazy to level my other characters 2) I LOVE my priest and it's my favorite character. I love all the tools in my toolbox. & 3) I'm not currently having issues at all as holy. I'm really fine with everything currently, mana could be a bit better of course, but it's not THAT bad in my opinion. No one has died with me as a healer.. with the exception of a few dps who like to stand in !@#$ during heroics.. but you can't heal stupid and they deserve the repair bill.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Because Priests rock. I simply love them and they are my favorite class in terms of heals, dps, versatility and utility. Their spells look amazing (in all specs). She is my main and will remain my main.

I am determined to ride out this bad wave and rise to the tops once again. I refuse to give up playing a class I love in order for FoTM class. Plus? My GM/Raid Leader would kill me. He loves da priesty.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]