Ghost Iron and Windwool

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Started vendoring it now :( Makes me sad, never thought I'd hate the sight of such abundant resources but when you can fill a Guild Bank tab up in ~1-2 hours it's pretty insane.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
They already nerfed the drop rate of cloth and spawn rate of ghost iron nodes. If you're vendoring it, your guild really needs to find someone who understands how to use mail.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Why would you vendor ore? Still goes for 100-150g/stack on most realms.

Windwool has been nerfed significantly. At the rate cloth is used (by the bucketload) it's only a matter of time before the price goes back up.

AH the ore, hold onto the cloth for later.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Rogue
Windwool went from infinite to abundant.
Reply Quote
I can still get 10-15 cloth per group I pull.

Stacks of ore are going for maybe 10g on my server now.

I've got a bank tab full of gems (Only about 5 stacks of each Rare Gem)

I have an overabundance of gold as is <.<
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Don't vendor it! Spread it around to your guildies if you don't need it.

My guildies have been sending me all their extras. I'm at 595 tailoring and have a nice leveling outfit and I'm still only 85 ;p

♥ Del
Reply Quote

My guildies have been sending me all their extras. I'm at 595 tailoring and have a nice leveling outfit and I'm still only 85 ;p

♥ Del

I guess I should've mentioned that it's my own personal Guild Bank full of stuff xD

Only reason my main's Guild Bank isn't that way is because we constantly move the stuff out of there, make gear and sell it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest

♥ Del

I guess I should've mentioned that it's my own personal Guild Bank full of stuff xD

Only reason my main's Guild Bank isn't that way is because we constantly move the stuff out of there, make gear and sell it.

That's what I'm saying though. Spread it around to your guildies!

♥ Del
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Death Knight
Why do you keep stopping to mine if you're vendoring the ore? Any extra I have, I transmute bars or have a JC friend turn it into gems.

I've had horrible luck with cloth apparently. I mostly quested to 90 and got 5-6 stacks.

Feel free to send me your extra :)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
Ghost Iron Bars sell for 250-300 gold on my server...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
10/09/2012 08:23 AMPosted by Bathin
Stacks of ore are going for maybe 10g on my server now.

Undermine Journal disagrees with you. I think I'll go with the site that polls actual auction house data rather than believe you.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 08:32 AMPosted by Kaioon
Ghost Iron Bars sell for 250-300 gold on my server...

I never thought to check bars :P
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Why would people buy it at 200 gold plus when you can get 20 bars within a few minutes?

As a resource this common it is like the starter ore Copper it should be about 20 gold a stack for being as common as it is.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Why would people buy it at 200 gold plus when you can get 20 bars within a few minutes?

As a resource this common it is like the starter ore Copper it should be about 20 gold a stack for being as common as it is.

Needing the bars but, for some odd reason, didn't pick mining as your gathering profession?

Or sheer laziness.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

You can't prospect copper into gems that make rings/necklaces that DE to current tier enchanting mats (or sell for over 8g to a vendor). That should put a floor on the ore, which copper doesn't have.

Right now, the price of Ghost Iron Ore seems largely dependent upon the price of Trillium Bars since you can convert 1 stack of ore into 1 trillium bar. I use 30 stacks a day doing my 5 living steel transmutes.
Reply Quote
I'm already at 235 Spirit Dust from all of the disenchants I made from the tailoring I've got from Windwool Cloth.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Must be nice to have that much, I am struggling to maintain enough windwool to keep a stack of bandages on me when using them for a daily as well, ore, again nice that you have an abundance but sure does not mean we all do, try having a BS and an ENG and JCer who all need said ore, yr solution if have to much is simply, stop farming it at least the ore. I also have a tailor so pls, for me keep the windwool coming, in addition to my own use, I share with 2 remaining active guildies.
Edited by Melinjem on 10/9/2012 9:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]