Guild Mentoring Program - New Player Forums

72 Pandaren Hunter
Thank you for that information! I will look around for them tonight. :)
Reply Quote
MVP
85 Goblin Warrior
10/12/2012 05:03 AMPosted by Xunn
How does one find these guilds to speak to them? Thank you.

In the body of the second post is a list of all the current Mentor Guilds and their home realms, with links to a few of their sticky threads in their Realm Forums.

Your realm, Ysera is on the list with participating guilds. Maybe you can try looking into your Realm forums to see if there is any discussions happening right now:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1182816/

While you are logged into the game, you can open the Guild menu (default keybind is 'J') to begin searching for a guild and apply to membership.

The mentor guild on Horde side Ysera is Myriad. The search and application process for the looking for guild section on the guild menu is strait forward, so don't hesitate to spend a little time looking through it.

Finally, I imagine you can whisper any Myriad Guild member you see in-game and talk to them directly. As they are a mentor guild, I am willing to bet that they would be excited to hear from you.

You can identify members by their guild name, which will appear immediately below their character name above each players avatar.

Good luck :D

Just keep in mind that when you look for the guild in either the Looking for Guild interface, or by checking the /who utility, make sure you search for 'Blizzard Mentor'. Since it will only find people who are of your faction, it is unnecessary to include the faction in the search. Doing a search for the previous guild name, will most likely yield no results.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
Since our names have all been changed to Blizzard Mentor Alliance or Blizzard Mentor Horde for the time being, just check the list to see if your server has one. If it does, then in your chat bar, type /who Blizzard Mentor Horde (if you're Horde) or /who Blizzard Mentor Alliance (if Alliance). That will tell you who is online at that time in those guilds.

You can talk to them, ask them questions about the game, or even join the guild if you want to. Joining is not a prerequisite for getting help. In fact, if we recruited everyone who wanted help, many of us would hit the 999 max limit fairly quickly - not necessarily a good thing.

If you're on a server which does *not* have a mentoring guild, write to Blizzard and ask for one. They can set up the process again where another group of 12 servers is selected, people write to them saying why their guild should be considered, and the guilds get picked, renamed, etc.

If none of *that* works and you'd still like to contact one of the guilds with questions (to avoid the trolls that exist even in the forums), just post your question here. One of us is always going through here and checking. We'll answer as best we can as soon as we see the post.

In the meantime, welcome to the game - or welcome back, as the case may be. Have a good one!
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
Would it be possible to have realm types listed next to the realm name, o handsome puppy? ♥
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/12/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Alvraen
Would it be possible to have realm types listed next to the realm name, o handsome puppy? ♥

They are all PvE so I've made note of that at the bottom. Timezone wasn't indicated, though, so I've added that for each realm.
Reply Quote
Thank you Handsome Puggy Puppy. ♥ This makes it easier to refer players to specific realms. :D
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Human Warlock
Ummm... not to be a pain, Crithto, but while Doomhammer (the server) may reside in an East Coast data center, the server time is actually Mountain time.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/15/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Chalisse
Ummm... not to be a pain, Crithto, but while Doomhammer (the server) may reside in an East Coast data center, the server time is actually Mountain time.

I can double check this to make sure, but just in case, did you set your in-game mini-map to show local time, or realm? If how it's listed is off, though, I'll be sure to update it. =)

EDIT: Okay, I just checked and I'm seeing "Realm Time" in game as Eastern (UTC -5).
Edited by Crithto on 10/16/2012 12:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/15/2012 11:49 PMPosted by Crithto
I can double check this to make sure, but just in case, did you set your in-game mini-map to show local time, or realm? If how it's listed is off, though, I'll be sure to update it. =)

My local time is turned off off (live on the East Coast). It's currently 3:37PM Eastern. 1:37PM Realm.
Doomhammer realm time is MST (UTC−7) as Chalisse said. :p
Here's an image if you'd like one.
http://i.imgur.com/OCyyW.png
Edited by Novalas on 10/17/2012 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Human Warlock

EDIT: Okay, I just checked and I'm seeing "Realm Time" in game as Eastern (UTC -5).

I live on the East Coast... I've always been 2 hours ahead of Doomhammer's server time (for the last 6 years)... but oh well. :D
Reply Quote

Crithto, I love ya buddy. More than the pug from down the block. However, I'm pretty sure that Doomhammer realm time is Mountain Time, homedawg.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Hrmmm, okay, I'll hit up some techy-type folks tomorrow to make sure. ^_^

EDIT: And wouldn't you know it, when I checked, I was in a cross-realm zone that was linked to an Eastern time realm. >.< Whoopsie! Timezone fixed.
Edited by Crithto on 10/18/2012 2:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Human Warlock
Hrmmm, okay, I'll hit up some techy-type folks tomorrow to make sure. ^_^

EDIT: And wouldn't you know it, when I checked, I was in a cross-realm zone that was linked to an Eastern time realm. >.< Whoopsie! Timezone fixed.

LOL! Awesome. Thanks, Crithto... wasn't really liking the idea that I'd been living in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean for the last 6 years, ya know? :D My elixir of water breathing wouldn't hold out anywhere near long enough in order for me to get to work. :D
Reply Quote
I know for EU the program ends Dec 18th. When does it end for NA?
Reply Quote
43 Pandaren Rogue
When is our name going back to Renegades again? I forget...
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
12/17/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Pandarogue
When is our name going back to Renegades again? I forget...

Supposedly today (or very soon hereafter). The game News upon logging in says there will be rolling restarts. Dunno if this is enough to reset our guild names, but .. maybe. :) We'll see.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Are there plans to include other servers?

I'm just browsing for the first time, this seems like a great idea to boost smaller pop servers and guilds.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Hunter
Note that the Guild Mentoring Program ended on December 18, 2012.
If you are still interested, it may still be worthwhile attempting to contact one of the guilds listed in the second post.
Edited by Nok on 12/28/2012 12:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
Will we see the Guild Mentor MVPs going back to white posters? Or will they stay GM-MVPs?
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Human Warlock
12/30/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Alvraen
Will we see the Guild Mentor MVPs going back to white posters? Or will they stay GM-MVPs?

Apparently, some have remained as MVP - Guild Mentors. Not sure if we all did.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]