ATTN: Need to know something about LFR!!!!

90 Worgen Death Knight
If i queue as a DPS can I still get tanking gear? and vice versa? Or do i need to queue as tank to get tanking gear?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
i am pretty sure the bags reward loot based on the spec you entered the raid instance as. though to be honest, i cannot 100% confirm this.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Thanks but I need to be 100% <3

Anyone know?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
In the case of tier gear I assume you get the tokens, which lets you pick what you want. In the case of other bosses without tier, if it's working like i think it is based on my experiences it gives you any loot you can use based on that bosses loot table. In DS I was healing and was assigned a DPS caster trinket. Unless they tweaked that same system for MoP.
Edited by Stravix on 10/9/2012 6:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/09/2012 06:47 PMPosted by Stravix
In the case of tier gear I assume you get the tokens, which lets you pick what you want. In the case of other bosses without tier, if it's working like i think it is based on my experiences it gives you any loot you can use based on that bosses loot table. In DS I was healing and was assigned a DPS caster trinket.

This. You can get both i believe, but your chances are better at getting your current spec.

Think of it like the old system, where you could technically win tank or dps gear, but if you queued as dps, you'd mostly get dps gear unless a bunch of people passed.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
10/09/2012 06:48 PMPosted by Arianity
This. You can get both i believe, but your chances are better at getting your current spec.

Is it spec based or role based? If I spec blood but queue as dps, would I have a better shot at tank gear? Not that I would do this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]