Confused Shaman... T_T ...Ele > Enhancement?

90 Pandaren Shaman
I gave enhancement a go.... and my dps was uber bad. Not going to lie...

Yes... I was reforging correct stats, was hit and expertise capped....

Was I misled on enhancement > ele?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
PS... This is an honest question because I really want to enjoy enhancement...
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
they're relatively close i think ele might be slightly(very slightly) better, at least with current gear levels (460 area).... but looking at the stats etc i want to say enhancement will scale better with gear though
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
i seemed to struggle GREATLY with mob dps.... i followed the status quo with attacking group mobs... but, my dps was greatly disappointing
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
i got better results with a fast main hand but i havent tried ele yet waiting on a second fast weapon to see if it does any better
Edited by Harlaownfate on 10/10/2012 2:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I can't see what your enh gear looks like but I've actually been normally top on dps meters in trash and bosses now. I haven't been grouped with an ele shammy to compare with though.

Edit: Just wanted to say that somehow it posted twice so I deleted the second.
Edited by Cameeron on 10/10/2012 2:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I can't see what your enh gear looks like but I've actually been normally top on dps meters in trash and bosses now. I haven't been grouped with an ele shammy to compare with though.

What is your mob rotation?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

What is your mob rotation?

On aoe I would run in casting Flame shock and then hitting Lava Lash and then Unleash elements and then Fire nova. Somewhere in that rotation dropping Magma totem. After that making sure I chain lightning anytime Maelstrom weapon had 5 stacks and casting Fire nova anytime it was off CD, and after Unleash elements if that was off CD. And then stormstrike when I could as a filler.

From what I've read and after talking with another shaman on bosses your fire elemental is now a dps increase as oppose to lose like it was in cata (correct me if I'm wrong please). So I normally on bosses:
Unleash elements
Flame shock
lava lash
feral spirit
fire elemental
stormstrike
ascendance (use right after a stormstrike always as it resets the CD when you do)

Always use LB when you have 5 MW stacks and earth shock whenever you aren't going to need the shock CD to recast flame shock. Also once the fire elemental is about to run out drop searing totem. Use unleash elements even if you arent going to apply flame shock, I think I normally get two unleash elements and 3 earth shocks off before re-applying flame shock but I'm not sure about that number. And if you're going to lust make sure you get your feral spirits and fire elemental out first.

Hope that helps even if it might not be worded the best or confusing.

Edit: Forgot to say that after that initial I just stormstrike when off cd and lava lash when off cd and then just work in LB procs/unleash elements/earth shock/flame shock when need to re-apply
Edited by Cameeron on 10/10/2012 3:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Ive not run with an Enh shaman yet. But in 5 mans I absolutely dominate everyone its not even close. But that's cleave/aoe and a bad metric if your comparing Ele AoE with Enh then its a no show I'm pretty sure.

Single target however we seem to be about on par with everyone else. So if your keeping up with others on single target your probli about the same.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Ive not run with an Enh shaman yet. But in 5 mans I absolutely dominate everyone its not even close. But that's cleave/aoe and a bad metric if your comparing Ele AoE with Enh then its a no show I'm pretty sure.

Single target however we seem to be about on par with everyone else. So if your keeping up with others on single target your probli about the same.

perhaps.. but, with enhancement seeming to scale better end game... is my reason to try and replace elemental...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
If you REALLY want to enjoy Enhancement, but feel like your play was what got in the way (From reading your thread, I can tell you 100% that's what your issue is--execution), I recommend you check out this thread when you have downtime: http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6844

Sincerely,

Your friendly neighborhood Enhancement Shamans at Totemspot.

-------

By the way, just a sample here. This IS what you should be doing as Enhancement (Assuming you are specced into Unleashed Fury):

1. Searing Totem (Fire Elemental/Searing Totem not active)
2. Stormblast
3. Unleashed Elements
4. Maelstrom Weapon x5 -> Lightning Bolt
5. Stormstrike
6. Lava Lash
7. Maelstrom Weapon x3 -> Lightning Bolt (Unleashed Fury debuff present on target)
8. Flame Shock (Not active, still ticking, and Unleashed Flame buff is still active)
9. Earth Shock
10. Maelstrom Weapon x1 -> Lightning Bolt
11. Searing Totem (Already active; refresh)
Edited by Platform on 10/10/2012 6:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Pick up 2 piece pvp set its a nice dps increase.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/10/2012 06:49 AMPosted by Muhtotems
Pick up 2 piece pvp set its a nice dps increase.

Clarification:

He means to grab shoulders and gloves. They both have decent secondaries, and don't gimp you as much from the 5 difference of ilevel because both the shoulders and gloves have PvE-beneficial socket bonuses. The 2 piece granted, is (supposedly) a DPS increase. I would for now go with it, but I plan on looking more into it to really find out the difference between the 458 2 set and 463 gloves/shoulders. It was already minimal pre-honor nerf (Probably a 1-1.5k DPS increase; it was somewhere around a 1.7% DPS increase).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
mob rotaion totem 4or < is
magma totem
unleash weapons mele range
flame shock
lava lash
fire nova
chain lighting when it is instant cast
i end up pulling off tanks so i have to use healing stream or earth ele or healing rain with healing rain talent
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
mob rotaion totem 4or < is
magma totem
unleash weapons mele range
flame shock

lava lash
fire nova
chain lighting when it is instant cast
i end up pulling off tanks so i have to use healing stream or earth ele or healing rain with healing rain talent

You're going to want to be careful with this. It's potentially a DPS increase to Unleash Elements before you Flame Shock for AoE if you're glyphed for Flame Shock and there are 4-5+ targets, BUT only if the dots actually get the opportunity to tick for their full duration. Otherwise, you're going to want to use Unleash Elements before you Fire Nova.
Edited by Platform on 10/10/2012 4:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
i really do appreciate all the feedback. im willing to give enhancement one more chance....
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
You can't just play a spec for a day or two and make a judgement based on it. You have to have practice with it.

Same can be said with all specs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Quick question - out of the three: Shadow Priest, Elemental, or Enhancement which has the best overall DPS?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Clarification:He means to grab shoulders and gloves.

I've been using the Helm and Shoulders just cause all the helms and shoulders from dungeons have crit on them while the pvp ones have expertise and mastery/haste.
Only downside is the helmet doesn't have a PvE socket bonus but besides that its a pretty good way to go. There are well itemized gloves you can get from dungeons.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]