What if Garrosh kills...

90 Orc Warlock
10/10/2012 09:08 AMPosted by Talothas
Godfrey's bullet to the brain did the job well enough. Perhaps she's repossessed her old body for so long that she can no longer leave it.

And Banshees in WCIII permanently die if the unit they're Possessing dies.

Then again...

Unless Garrosh puts together a group of Orcs dedicated to capturing ghosts, I doubt she could really die.

Orc Ghostbusters?

Do kind of want.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Conventional means can definitely kill Sylvanas. Godfrey shot her in the head after all.

I like this idea. I don't know that they'll ever get rid of Sylvanas though, just because there would be mass cancellations in Korea. I mean have you seen how much fanart they do of her?

Koreans love Sylvanas.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Drek'thar. If killing Cairne didn't set Thrall of, killing Drek would.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
But why Sylvanas?

Garrosh kills Bloodhoof at the beginning of Cataclysm.

Garrosh and Vol'jin but heads to the point Vol'jin openly threatens Garrosh and Garrosh 'kicks' all Troll out of Orgrimmar.

Garrosh doesn't like Sylvanas but doesn't like doesn't mean murder especially when you have two other races that hate you and are MUCH closer to Orgrimmar.

Blood Elves are tied to the Forsaken wether they like it or not. It was Sylvanas putting in a good word for them that opened Garrosh up to the possibility of trusting the Blood Elves.

Blood Elves have a supposed major role in 5.1+. What does this mean? Who knows.

If the other faction leaders turn on Garrosh, then it'd have to be for a reason so terrible that the orcs would join the usurpers instead of Garrosh. It really can't be a "civil" war so much as a Leader who's just gone bat-poop crazy. Really, if factional civil war erupts among the Horde, then who's to say that the Alliance doesn't swoop in and mop up and utterly destroy the Horde once and for all?

How much sense would THAT make?
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Mage
And who would replace Sylvanas? Most of her potential rivals have gotten offed themselves. The only one I can think of who's alive at the moment is Koltira, and he's locked in a torture room under the Undercity, apparently.

Then again, I'm rusty on the lore right now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm sure Baine, Gallywix, Vol'jin and that elf guy all know that Sylvanas[...]

It's Lor'themar, damnit.

Kael for lord of the blood elves (again), at least people remember him.

;~;
Edited by Lellex on 10/10/2012 9:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
10/10/2012 09:12 AMPosted by Shrilinda
Garrosh kills Bloodhoof at the beginning of Cataclysm.

I really. Really. REALLY want people to stop bringing this up.

Cairne challenged Garrosh to a duel. Garrosh made it a duel to the death to make Cairne back down and Cairne accepted anyways. It's Cairne's own damn fault he died, stop putting it on Garrosh's shoulders.

10/10/2012 09:12 AMPosted by Shrilinda
Really, if factional civil war erupts among the Horde, then who's to say that the Alliance doesn't swoop in and mop up and utterly destroy the Horde once and for all?

High-King Varian Wrynn. Remember, Blizzard is kind of taking the Alliance back to the paragon status that they were before.

10/10/2012 09:13 AMPosted by Lellex
It's Lor'themar, damnit.

Who?
Edited by Maoseitun on 10/10/2012 9:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I really. Really. REALLY want people to stop bringing this up.Cairne challenged Garrosh to a duel. Garrosh made it a duel to the death to make Cairne back down and Cairne accepted anyways. It's Cairne's own damn fault he died, stop putting it on Garrosh's shoulders.

The poisoned axe is what grinds the gears as well as the Grimtotems attacking Thunder Bluff at the same time.

Two leaders fighting to the death wouldn't be that big of a deal really. It'd suck for the loser sure, but to lose to tainted weapon and have the 'betrayer's' people attack your city during the duel...

Bad Mojo.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Mage
10/10/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Maoseitun
Who?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOZBU257ERE
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I find it really ironic that the Horde is starting to move towards racial identity and opposition, when they were originally pretty much a single Horde culture. Meanwhile, the Alliance, while before was just an alliance of many different races, is starting to evolve into what the Horde was, a unity in allegiance as well as cultures.

The Night Elves still remain somewhat separated, but the rest of the Alliance races have become one culture, almost.
Reply Quote
87 Human Warrior
I think Magatha is the proximate cause of Cairne's death, not his acceptance of a duel to the death, or Garrosh's lucky scratch. Totally lucky.
Edited by Lito on 10/10/2012 9:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
10/10/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Lito
I think Magatha is the proximate cause of Cairne's death, not his acceptance of a duel to the death, or Garrosh's lucky scratch. Totally lucky.

This.

Either way it's not Garrosh's fault Cairne died.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
10/10/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Maoseitun
High-King Varian Wrynn. Remember, Blizzard is kind of taking the Alliance back to the paragon status that they were before.
Yet still, they manage to come off feeling like the "bad guys" in MoP so far.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
10/10/2012 08:49 AMPosted by Talothas
Because the orcs do not need a huge army of genocidal undead maniacs armed with biochemical weapons doing their best to obliterate the orcs... And because if Garrosh is willing to risk a war like that, he needs to go.

Sorry, I don't buy it. The same could be said for waging war on the Alliance (only the difference there of course is that it is morally right to kill Forsaken).

That's some HMP logic right there that fighting is wrong because you might have to die in a war.

Saurfang isn't a coward.

10/10/2012 08:49 AMPosted by Talothas
I think the massive combat power of the Forsaken needs to be taken into account. Quests in Northrend and modern SFK show that the Blight is an extremely potent combat weapon, just as deadly as chemical gas in WWI. The orcs haven't been shown to have either chemical weapons of their own, or biochemical protection gear. Furthermore, the Forsaken now have val'kyr and could possibly now be the most numerically powerful organized fighting force in the world, if the Horde falls apart.

That's only more reason to destroy them sooner.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I find it funny, Lor'themar has been hanging out in silvermoon city since BC, is officially the blood elf racial leader, and more people know who Gallywix, who is only present in the goblin starting zones, not even in Azeroth (you can't just go to the main city and /wave at him, he's not anywhere physically) and has only been 'around' since cata.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Mage
10/10/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Brutaria
I find it funny, Lor'themar has been hanging out in silvermoon city since BC, is officially the blood elf racial leader, and more people know who Gallywix, who is only present in the goblin starting zones, not even in Azeroth (you can't just go to the main city and /wave at him, he's not anywhere physically) and has only been 'around' since cata.

Gallywix was a part of something.

Whoever this Lor'themar guy is needs to step-up and do something.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
Two words: Lilian Voss.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Mage
Sorry, I don't buy it. The same could be said for waging war on the Alliance (only the difference there of course is that it is morally right to kill Forsaken).

That's some HMP logic right there that fighting is wrong because you might have to die in a war.

Saurfang isn't a coward.

One of the most important rules of warfare is not to pick fights with people you can't beat, or who will cripple you if you do beat them.

It's not cowardice to recognize a foe you cannot beat on your own.

10/10/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Frostytroll
That's only more reason to destroy them sooner.

I'm arguing it can't be done. The Forsaken are too powerful to be outright destroyed in what would be a three-way war. Everyone would come out of it crippled and broken.

To use a real-world example, US Army doctrine states that any frontal assault on enemy defenses should have at least 5:1 odds in favor of the attacker. This is assuming conventional warfare. Granted, technology is very different between the modern US Army and the WWI-era tech used by the factions in WoW, but look at trench warfare. Even small numbers of defenders with artillery, machine guns and gas could stop vastly superior numbers of attackers supported by artillery. The Forsaken definitely have artillery and gas, and may have machine guns as well. The Orcs also have artillery, and may have machine guns, but most of their warriors are melee fighters, so they'd be even more vulnerable.

No faction in World of Warcraft except the Legion or the pre-WotLK Scourge had the numbers for a 5:1 assault on another major faction, to my knowledge, unless it's something extreme like an entire Alliance army attacking the Blood Elves.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
10/10/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Systar
Two words: Lilian Voss.

Sorry, me and Karob already have the privilege of having killed the worst character ever. Garrosh can't steal that kill.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]