This kills the Metzen.

I want the WC3 Thrall back.
Edited by Ruvok on 10/11/2012 6:41 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Warrior
10/11/2012 06:41 AMPosted by Ruvok
Maybe he should kill Thrall..

This kills the Metzen.

I want the WC3 Thrall back.

Agree. I miss Thrall a lot. But think about it. Thrall is having a child. So if he is killed it gives the child something to live up to and also if you kill off probably the reason the Horde exists it would give each race within its ranks reasons to cut ties with Garrosh.
100 Orc Warrior
10/11/2012 06:43 AMPosted by Zhàng
Agree. I miss Thrall a lot. But think about it. Thrall is having a child. So if he is killed it gives the child something to live up to and also if you kill off probably the reason the Horde exists it would give each race within its ranks reasons to cut ties with Garrosh.

The problem is the kid isn't even born yet. So unless some warlocks happen or some wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff happens, the kid is out of the picture for a long time.
100 Worgen Mage
10/11/2012 06:53 AMPosted by Ruvok
The problem is the kid isn't even born yet. So unless some warlocks happen or some wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff happens, the kid is out of the picture for a long time.

Maybe they'll kill the kid to make Thrall angry at some point?
100 Pandaren Shaman
Once again, certain forum posters are reacting to the preview of an outcome before we even see the entire story. I can see why some people why not like the Army of the Light concept, but we don't even know the whole story behind it, how we get there, or if it will even exist anytime soon.

People really need to calm down about plots that we don't even have the full story on yet. Maybe it will make sense later and it will be insanely awesome? Or it might suck, but it is just strange to have judgements on something we have only seen the smallest vision of, not the entire story.
100 Orc Warrior

Maybe they'll kill the kid to make Thrall angry at some point?

Eh. That goes too far, I think. But if you want to kill someone close to Thrall, kill Drek'thar. He may be somewhat senile, but he seems to have visions - what if those visions are those of Garrosh doing something truly unspeakable? Or just visions of Garrosh losing the war and/or dying. His visions were proven to be accurate (eventually) in The Shattering novel. Garrosh - being brash and paranoid - sends Malkorok to shut up the old guy.

Thrall learns that Drek'thar has died a rather mysterious and violent end and finally realizes what's up.
Edited by Ruvok on 10/11/2012 7:46 AM PDT
100 Pandaren Shaman
And yeah, WC3/pre-Cata Thrall would be great to have back. Making him the uber shaman just felt pointless. Why did they choose Thrall again knowing that he was the leader of one of the superpowers of the world? Where the heck was Muln Earthfury the entire time?
100 Orc Warrior
10/11/2012 07:49 AMPosted by Liupeng
And yeah, WC3/pre-Cata Thrall would be great to have back. Making him the uber shaman just felt pointless. Why did they choose Thrall again knowing that he was the leader of one of the superpowers of the world? Where the heck was Muln Earthfury the entire time?

He wanted to make Thrall not just a hero to the Horde but a hero to everyone. So he threw off Thrall's Horde armor, his Horde weapon, his Horde position, and even his Horde name.

Metzen wanted to make a hero everyone would love by remaking a hero everyone already loved.

The problem is that people liked Thrall the way he was. Horde didn't want him neutral. Alliance didn't want a Horde hero stealing the thunder of the expansion (and they already begrudgingly respect him as Warchief). Oddly enough, it seems (to me) that Horde players are far more okay with a human leader of a neutral faction than a Horde race.

As for Muln Earthfury - he started as a WoW RPG character. The fact he was included at all was a courtesy seeing as that's now non-canon.
Edited by Ruvok on 10/11/2012 8:24 AM PDT
90 Undead Monk
SlA
10/10/2012 08:54 AMPosted by Kurze
if they left the Horde, the Alliance would wreck them.

I disagree, with the Valkyr now, they successfully captured Gilneas, and are holding the alliance off. For every human they kill, they get stronger. And every day the Forsaken get more and more powerful.
90 Orc Warlock
10/11/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Motionless
I disagree, with the Valkyr now, they successfully captured Gilneas, and are holding the alliance off. For every human they kill, they get stronger. And every day the Forsaken get more and more powerful.

Sylvanas says outright in Tides of War that the Forsaken could not expect to stand against the full might of the Alliance.
90 Human Paladin
10/11/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Motionless
The thing is, the Forsaken were holding off the Gilneans and some 7th Legion. On top of that, the Gilneans would of reclaimed Gilneas completely if the Orcs didn't show up.
100 Worgen Warrior
I can see them killing off Drek'thar. Garrosh is the type of person (to me anyhow) that would completely ignore the possibility that he would lose, and would hate anyone to say otherwise... even if they would be right.
90 Orc Death Knight
It's all speculation at this point but there could be some of the ground work already laid out in Pandaria.

Given Garrosh's arrogance and anger, if he steps foot on Pandaria, he'd almost be like a beacon to the Sha. Given his temper, I'd shudder to think of the unleashed Sha he's capable of. Not only that, his anger could feed off itself, creating endless Sha until he truely becomes a Sha-infused monster who threatens everyone and everything. Horde and Alliance have no choice but to band together to take him out before he becomes Cataclysm 2.0.

All in all, I think it'll have to be something that Garrosh does or becomes that will give no one the choice to back him. It'll be kill or be killed. It's why I'd be more open to Garrosh + Sha then Garrosh vs. Anyone in particular.

It's all speculation at this point but there could be some of the ground work already laid out in Pandaria.

Given Garrosh's arrogance and anger, if he steps foot on Pandaria, he'd almost be like a beacon to the Sha. Given his temper, I'd shudder to think of the unleashed Sha he's capable of. Not only that, his anger could feed off itself, creating endless Sha until he truely becomes a Sha-infused monster who threatens everyone and everything. Horde and Alliance have no choice but to band together to take him out before he becomes Cataclysm 2.0.

All in all, I think it'll have to be something that Garrosh does or becomes that will give no one the choice to back him. It'll be kill or be killed. It's why I'd be more open to Garrosh + Sha then Garrosh vs. Anyone in particular.

This.

Plus, I don't see Garrosh and The Dark Lady fighting. Yes, they had words. And in all honesty, I doubt his ability to kill her.
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/11/2012 08:23 AMPosted by Ruvok

He wanted to make Thrall not just a hero to the Horde but a hero to everyone. So he threw off Thrall's Horde armor, his Horde weapon, his Horde position, and even his Horde name.

Metzen wanted to make a hero everyone would love by remaking a hero everyone already loved.

The problem is that people liked Thrall the way he was. Horde didn't want him neutral. Alliance didn't want a Horde hero stealing the thunder of the expansion (and they already begrudgingly respect him as Warchief). Oddly enough, it seems (to me) that Horde players are far more okay with a human leader of a neutral faction than a Horde race.

As for Muln Earthfury - he started as a WoW RPG character. The fact he was included at all was a courtesy seeing as that's now non-canon.
Now that I can actually reply to this ythread a day later...

It wasn't to make Thrall a Hero-not entirely. It was to get Garrosh on the Throne as per the WAR Back in WARCRAFT Disasterpeice that handed us with such a lovely slew of storytelling since.

For that, Thrall needed a reason to move away fromt he Horde-a noble one anyway.
100 Night Elf Hunter
What, Garrosh already killed Caine and that upsetted me enough...
100 Human Death Knight
02/14/2015 02:53 PMPosted by Shavanna
What, Garrosh already killed Caine and that upsetted me enough...

H-how?

Why?

STOP TAKING MY JOB.

Edit: We need a sage option for these forums
Edited by Frosthand on 2/14/2015 2:59 PM PST
100 Worgen Death Knight
*really long and dramatic sigh*
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]