Help: Holy PvP Stat Priority

90 Dwarf Paladin
Hello I have been searching on the web for a stat priority for holy PvP. Problem is the guides I have found for each one seem to be out of date or different from one another. A (ex: int>cirt>haste) type of list would be very helpful. Not sure atm what to buy from the pvp vendors in terms of their cloaks if i want the for ex. spirit crit or haste cirt. along with the trinket if i want mastery or spirit. quick reply would be kind. thanks
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Bumbin to get my answer nah!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Get a balance of them all. too much spirit is almost never bad, haste is good . crit is ok
spirit>haste>crit>mastery ?
Just a guess at this point.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm by no means qualified enough to be an expert on this, but I can offer my perspective from a couple different standpoints.

There's an interesting discussion here (http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/231170-int-vs-pvp-power/) about Int. vs. PvP power. I honestly don't know if this is accurate or credible, but it's certainly something to discuss.

I'm going to operate under the assumption that Intellect > PvP power for simplicity's sake.

From a pure stat perspective, let me first give you the PvE breakdown:

Spirit > Intellect > Mastery > Haste > Crit

Haste increases HPS, Mastery increases HPM. Crit is RNG.

For PvP:

I'm going to say that Intellect and Spirit are on equal standpoints - with the current model of regen, there is simply no breakpoint at which you can have too much combat regen or spellpower. More spammed heals that heal for more = more healing done.

I'd put Mastery or Haste next on this list. I'm most likely going to be going with Mastery next for the simple reason that it adds more effective healing through the increased absorb. Haste if you have an obscene amount of regen and can confidently burn through mana at a rapid pace (probably not this season). If you don't have strong regen, I'd put haste last.

In Cata, I was never a fan of the Crit > the rest of the universe. I'm not into RNG-based things, and thus, this is close to the bottom of my list.

TL;DR: I could be very wrong... but... Spirit = Int > Mastery > Crit > Haste. PvP resil/power are on there somewhere, too.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Big
I personally think mastery is the weakest secondary stat for pvp.

I am currently toying between crit/haste for which is better.

I am under the impression that the stat priority for pvp hpals are:

int/pvp power > spirit > crit/haste (not sure yet) > mastery

Hope that helps

Also, crit was by FAR the best stat for holy pallies in cata. No question about that.

Thanks for reading!
Edited by Volpit on 10/5/2012 4:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/02/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Delinkthaum
I'm going to operate under the assumption that Intellect > PvP power for simplicity's sake.
In PvP, I'd have to disagree. All guides I have researched state that PvP power trumps intellect. You won't be able to perform increased heals as you would with intellect outside pvp areas but when in a battleground, or arena, pvp power will help you more. I may be wrong due to only being restricted to the sources I looked at, but even in-game I see pvp power being better.

What I am using currently (testing a lot of stat priorities out since most sources conflict with each other.) is PvP Power>Int>spirit>haste>crit>mastery

I might change all my stats to focus on crit as a secondary stat, since I've only participated in battlegrounds for my testing. Arenas however, I like haste, but mana can become an issue if I am careless. Usually I have no problem keeping up with my opposing healer (2s healer dps combo trumph with me in it, unless double mage since I am not completely geared to handle that composition yet.) easily and quickly heal my partner(s) I only know a few other paladins with crit as secondary (don't know many pallies on my server :P)

10/05/2012 04:16 PMPosted by Volpit
crit was by FAR the best stat for holy pallies in cata.

Haste was my bff. Didn't do arenas in cata, but bgs/pve None compared with equal gear.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It really depends, I'm seeing paladins stack mastery, others stacking crit for a more aggressive spec.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/karvinen/advanced
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Koshimo/simple

I'm hearing that PVP power > Spirit is for sure the top two, but Crit/Haste/Mastery is also working really well. I'm trying out Mastery and it's not bad. People are mixing up Crit and Mastery as well, but some think fully geared it might just be best to go full crit.

Tempted to unforge crit to leave it be and try mastery to haste next. Dunno, slowly gearing and haven't done many arenas.

Two paladins I've been checking out. I like haste, but mastery is nice. Someone was doing number crunching and it's pretty close on Haste or Mastery being after Spirit.

Spell:-------------Heal or Dmg general/in PvP Zone (Int):--------H o D gen./PvP Zone (PvP Power):

WoG----------------------14619.75 / 19856.54-----------------------------14070.95 / 20385.99
Holy Shock--------------25610.68 / 34784.43-----------------------------24677.72 / 35753.08
FoH-----------------------34419 / 46747.89---------------------------------33164.6 / 48048.87
Holy Radi.---------------18809.63 / 25547.24-----------------------------18053.63 / 26156.1
HL-------------------------24155.88 / 32808.52-----------------------------23276.68 / 33723.25
DL-------------------------45834.75 / 62252.76-----------------------------44165.95 / 63987.53
LoD-------------------------4442.4 / 6033.68-----------------------------------4281.12 / 6202.49

Holy Prism 1-------------43946.3 / 59687.86-------------------------------42346.94 / 61352.25
Holy Prism 2-------------29616.95 / 40225.74-----------------------------28539.51 / 41348.04

Judgment----------------11256.35 / 15288.37------------------------------10644.83 / 15422.23
Holy Shock--------------31054.38 / 42178.06------------------------------30018.38 / 43490.63
Denounce---------------27242.5 / 37000.76--------------------------------25876.1 / 37489.29
HoW----------------------33192.75 / 45082.39------------------------------31389.55 / 45377.18

As you can see, PvP Power is slightly better on every spell we got. I did a few extra calculations with buffs that give you 5% more Int, 10% more Spellpower or both together and the result is always the same: PvP Power stays better than Int even if you stack more Int/Spellpower!

But Int also gives Crit. With the focus on Int you'll get 1120 more Int which equals ~0.8% more Crit than with focusing on PvP Power. 0.8% more Crit equals 0.8% more healoutput (if i am correct here).
If you compare the healvalues on my chart you see that focusing on PvP Power will give you ~2,5% more healoutput.
~2,5 - ~0,8 = ~1.7
-> In S12 PvP Power has ~1.7% more healoutput than Int

source: http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/231170-int-vs-pvp-power/#entry3782233
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/05/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Aendro
In PvP, I'd have to disagree. All guides I have researched state that PvP power trumps intellect. You won't be able to perform increased heals as you would with intellect outside pvp areas but when in a battleground, or arena, pvp power will help you more. I may be wrong due to only being restricted to the sources I looked at, but even in-game I see pvp power being better.

What I am using currently (testing a lot of stat priorities out since most sources conflict with each other.) is PvP Power>Int>spirit>haste>crit>mastery

I might change all my stats to focus on crit as a secondary stat, since I've only participated in battlegrounds for my testing. Arenas however, I like haste, but mana can become an issue if I am careless. Usually I have no problem keeping up with my opposing healer (2s healer dps combo trumph with me in it, unless double mage since I am not completely geared to handle that composition yet.) easily and quickly heal my partner(s) I only know a few other paladins with crit as secondary (don't know many pallies on my server :P)

crit was by FAR the best stat for holy pallies in cata.

Haste was my bff. Didn't do arenas in cata, but bgs/pve None compared with equal gear.

I agree that, in reality, PvP Power > Intellect any day, but I chose to exclude that for purposes of my above explanation... the OP asked about secondary stat priority, and I chose to exclude Resil and PvP Power to keep things from getting complicated.

With regard to secondary stats, I have also not been able to find much of anything.
I can say this:

Haste increases HPS while drastically reducing mana longevity.
Mastery increases your HPM, making you more efficient.
Crit is RNG heals.

With all of that, I chose Mastery for the simple reason that I'm not comfortable with my regen in this season - at least not while walking around in 358 PvP blues - and I'm not a fan of Crit because you can't count on anything to come from it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]