Ret PvP damage low

90 Blood Elf Paladin
So, ret has no viable finishing move. Our damage is low. My Tv was outcrit by a resto druid's catform ferocious bite. please give our class less burst and more constant damage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
low? Try not even there...
Reply Quote
Yes our dmg is pathetic compared to most classes. I'm leveling my mage because their immune to nerfs.

TV specifically hits so low right now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yea Ret damage is really low, blizzard tends to always nerf Rets rather then the real problem (Mages, Locks and Rogues)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've been holy my whole time playing my paladin. Switched to ret for mop, hoping it was gonna be good.

In pve I do very good damage. I havn't been beaten in many AoE and single target pulls and when someone does it's by very little.

But it seems that in pvp something's missing. Spriests feel as tanky as prot warriors and even being on a target nonstop in a 20min bg I get outdamaged by alot.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I tend to top most damage charts in heroics, especially if it's aoe-intensive. Divine Storm is beastly now, hitting pretty much everything around me for over 50k.

TV, while small pre-xpansion, now hits properly around 97k - 110k with a crit, and that seems fine to me. Granted, I don't have any other classes at this level so I can't compare, but I'm happy with my damage output. Particularly when you consider my constant Flash of Light instants that I can drop on the tank to ease some burden off the healer, as well as the diversity of Holy Prism ( which has fastly become my favorite lvl 90 talent ).

In short, if I end a dungeon behind only the tank in DPS and have healed nearly 1/4 of the healer's output, I consider my job done. I don't need to be 'OMG DEEPS', I just need to do my job well enough to warrant another invite.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I jumped into a WSG last night. I had major fun, even without any PvP Power or Resilience. Play defensively and you are nigh unkillable.

I haven't acquired much PvP gear as yet, so I can't comment on Ret's damage in full PvP Gear - but I was 3rd on Damage Done after the BG was over with 8 or 9m damage done, so I get the feeling you're doing something wrong/fearmongering.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I hate ever agreeing with these QQ threads, but I'm finding a lot of issues with damage as well. Playing defensively will get you somewhere, just not anywhere glorious.

Needless to say I'm leveling my Warlock and am once again considering maining her.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
10/02/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Plecko
n pve I do very good damage. I havn't been beaten in many AoE and single target pulls and when someone does it's by very little.

How bad are the players you're running with? I checked you gear.

I'm not sure how high your damage is. When you say "Very Good" I assume its atleast 50k.

I don't see that being possible in your gear. Lacking most Enchants and Reforging, not to mention your not hit/exp capped.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What?

All my Gladiator friends are calling Paladins OP and all of them hit 2200+ as Ret.

My reply to you = your guild name
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
while i do agree ret damage is tuned a little lower than others ( cough warriors cough) i think overall its in a pretty decent place.

right now low damage might be a side effect of gear scaling. if the problem persists with a conquest weapon/raid weapon then there might be cause for real concern.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been holy in pvp and tried out ret in mop as well and have noticed that my burst potential is amazing. (Killed a 90 fury war with 300k+ health in what seemed like 10 sec. But after the burst I feel pretty useless for 3 mins.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sucks I am pretty much forced into Holy as a Paladin. Of course the ONE expansion I give up my Warrior they are arguably good again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sucks I am pretty much forced into Holy as a Paladin. Of course the ONE expansion I give up my Warrior they are arguably good again.

wat lol.

cata was the only expansion where warriors were not so great, they had many strong seasons in bc and wolk, and they were egregiously overpowered in s9.
Reply Quote
I crit a warrior for about 20k with TV, he crit me for 100k whenever he felt like it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/03/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Criceto
I crit a warrior for about 20k with TV, he crit me for 100k whenever he felt like it.
And now that he has the new Second Wind talent it's impossible to kill him.....thank Blizz
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Agincourt
And now that he has the new Second Wind talent it's impossible to kill him.....thank Blizz

Couldn't kill an AFK one because Second Wind was out healing my damage.

Also does anyone feel like Resil is double or triple dipping in our damage? I'm hitting cloth for about 10k...
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Also does anyone feel like Resil is double or triple dipping in our damage? I'm hitting cloth for about 10k...
We are now officially the worst class in the game. No damage, burst gone from 2 minutes to 3 minutes, healing increase but too bad our opponents can out damage our heals. Thanks Blizz!!!!!!!

Oh, just got out of a WSG. Healer and me are 2 v 2 against a Mage and warrior. Both of them are under 5% health and I can't kill either because my damage is averaging 4K.....thanks Blizz
Edited by Agincourt on 10/3/2012 2:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote

We are now officially the worst class in the game. No damage, burst gone from 2 minutes to 3 minutes, healing increase but too bad our opponents can out damage our heals. Thanks Blizz!!!!!!!

Oh, just got out of a WSG. Healer and me are 2 v 2 against a Mage and warrior. Both of them are under 5% health and I can't kill either because my damage is averaging 4K.....thanks Blizz

Seems like you need to l2p

in all seriousness though try picking Divine purpose I feel like the point of that talent is pretty much so we won't have to rely so much on cds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]