Ret PvP damage low

90 Human Paladin

in all seriousness though try picking Divine purpose I feel like the point of that talent is pretty much so we won't have to rely so much on cds.

I had thought about this... I do enjoy SW however the extra 15 seconds is great in pvp considering soon as wings go up your CCed to hell.

But the RNG doesent appeal much. Could be good for BGs. but SW for arena and Serious PVPz
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I only have a few dreadful pieces and I already feel like my damage is quite good.

We'll just have to wait until everyone is geared in at least full dreadful before going to assumptions.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/03/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Vladja
Sucks I am pretty much forced into Holy as a Paladin. Of course the ONE expansion I give up my Warrior they are arguably good again.

wat lol.

cata was the only expansion where warriors were not so great, they had many strong seasons in bc and wolk, and they were egregiously overpowered in s9.

Hence my point exactly........ I chose to go for Paladin because I wasn't about to play another Cataclysm Warrior, which is where I THOUGHT they were going to be again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My suggestion for those having issues with Warriors....

"Harsh Words"

Glyph for it and notice the difference when you don't have to go toe to toe to DPS a Warrior down.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

"Harsh Words"

Glyph for it and notice the difference when you don't have to go toe to toe to DPS a Warrior down.

Yeah I was doing that for a while but it looks like that type of playing will pay of for us even less with the new 2pc bonus.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I jumped into a WSG last night. I had major fun, even without any PvP Power or Resilience. Play defensively and you are nigh unkillable.

This is complete BS. I hate the players that KNOW good and well a class is broken and needs improvement, yet they come on the forums and act as if EVERYONE ELSE needs to L2PLAY because for some reason everyone else struggles with the class except this special snowflake.

Ret survivability is crap. Point blank period. Shadow priests tank more damage than I can and heal way better than I can and let's not get on their damage output. I am so sick of my class/spec getting screwed every single Xpac. The few times everything seems to be going good, we get nerfed. Yet it's okay for warlocks, mages, shamans, warriors, hunters and druids to be as OP as they are. I'm so frustrated. I think I'm just gonna put this Ret on the pvp shelf and focus on my priest or DK. I'm not asking that rets be buffed to OP status, I'm just asking that they make things fair and even. I can't kill ANYTHIIIIIING and I can't heal through ANYTHING. Our 90 talents are the absolute worst in the whole game. I mean really.. who sits around and actually thinks this stuff is fair and just? Not one single talent at 90 is useful.

Holy prism? I mean seriously, the only thing that is good for is putting me in a GCD where I can be bursted from half health to dead.

Execution sentence? How about they make it live up to the name because the damage it does is laughable and the healing seems non existent.

And then that other move that you toss into the ground... yea who even cares about that..
This is the best post I have seen describing the problem. Too bad Blizz and GC hate Rets and let this stuff go on.

Even freaking Mages are out healing my damage. There is not a single class in the game a Ret can kill 1 v 1
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Couldn't kill an AFK one because Second Wind was out healing my damage.

Also does anyone feel like Resil is double or triple dipping in our damage? I'm hitting cloth for about 10k...
We are now officially the worst class in the game. No damage, burst gone from 2 minutes to 3 minutes, healing increase but too bad our opponents can out damage our heals. Thanks Blizz!!!!!!!

Oh, just got out of a WSG. Healer and me are 2 v 2 against a Mage and warrior. Both of them are under 5% health and I can't kill either because my damage is averaging 4K.....thanks Blizz

I wouldn't say we are the worst class in the game at all. In bgs I usually did pretty good as prot but yesterday I finally off speced as ret and it was hilarious. I was facerolling top killing blows and damage done while being able to take nearly as much damage as when I was in prot. I haven't been winning much, but that has nothing to do with my class, horde seems to have a hard time at 90.

I would think a more accurate statement would be ranged is to dominant, or warriors do to much damage.
Edited by Kathira on 10/3/2012 9:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid

"Harsh Words"

It seems bizarre that a melee spec has to run from and kite another melee spec.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/03/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Purplefun
It seems bizarre that a melee spec has to run from and kite another melee spec.

I've never played holy but it seems to me paladins aren't quite melee, more of a medium ranged hybrid. Warriors will burst anyone down in seconds, all classes should kite them.
Reply Quote
Do warriors even have a global cooldown anymore? Last BG I was in a flurry of numbers popped up and I went from 75% to dead in almost an instant...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/03/2012 10:28 PMPosted by Criceto
Do warriors even have a global cooldown anymore? Last BG I was in a flurry of numbers popped up and I went from 75% to dead in almost an instant...

Lol and so Rogues get the nerfhammer and now we have warriors...
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I was an Arena Master back in WotLK, quit during cata, and just recently came back. I don't think I'm the best PvP'er in the world, but I do think I know what I'm doing, and I'll say this.

Ret really needs some serious love in PvP. In PvE, I feel quite capable, but in PvP I just feel so weak other than when I synchronize every single one of my cooldowns (wings + ES + guardian). Honestly, the amount of damage I output compared to my survivability only feels balanced when I've got wings up and ES ticking. This isn't hyperbole, I've got an almost full set of PvP gear and a 463 weapon, gemmed and enchanted, and my efficacy is completely in the pits compared to pretty much every other class right now. This isn't meant to be hyperbolic, it's just the reality of the situation.

Again, I do not think I'm the best PvP'er in the world, but as someone who was rank 11 in Vanilla, Justicar in TBC, and Arena Master in WotLK, I like to at least think I'm "above average", yet most of my encounters 1v1 or 2v2 I only win if the other person is noticeably terrible. Frost DK's chew me up and make me look like I'm playing with winter gloves on. Shadow priests melt me while I can't cleanse and even if I do hit them with some lolburst their heals are 100x more effective than mine. It's almost unsettling because I'm used to being a successful turbo-nerd that chews up normal-level-nerds, but now my output makes me feel like I'm playing with one hand.

Having gone straight from WotLK to MoP, it feels like everyone else got significant buffs, whereas we just got "streamlined" with no matching increase in efficacy in either damage or surivability and to make matters worse we have less utility (can't cleanse magic debuffs, can't BoF out of stuns, etc).

I've played this game since vanilla, and I've never been as bummed out with the state of ret in PvP as I am now. I hope you help it out, because I've always thought of my paladin as my "main", and the character I really enjoy playing, but currently the spec is thoroughly disappointing in PvP to the point that I don't even want to queue anymore.

Having played almost every class at some time or another, the best way I can put it for people who don't have a level 90 ret... Imagine playing a cat druid with no stealth, no bear form, and no bleeds. That's what ret is in PvP right now.
Edited by Wutangrza on 10/3/2012 11:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]