Horde/Alliance ratio on KJ: ~2 to 1 (source)

90 Night Elf Druid
This post is for those who had questions about KJ current faction balance.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/list/us

Methodology(from their site):
* Population - amount of level 90 characters that meet any of the two conditions:
- The character is from a guild and the guild killed something in Tier 13 content
- The character killed something in Tier 13 content

What this means is the 1/0.55 ratio comes from the number of lvl 90 toons who are presently in guilds who killed stuff in tier13.

Why is this the most accurate (yet imperfect) representation of our current server balance?

a)The site reset their recordings yesterday for MoP raiding and most people do not yet have 2 lvls 90

b)It is the only site (for now) to not count inactive accounts by only counting lvls 90. This way it automatically eliminates the inflated numbers of other sites who still keep track of inactive lvls 85 (like the hundreds of Ruinous alliance toons for exemple).

c)Some may argue it only keeps track of PvErs but due to the "character killed something in Tier 13 content" condition and the fact that most pvpers got PvE trinkets or weapons last expansion, those numbers also include the pvpers who got to lvl 90.

Keep in mind lots of people are still leveling their first toon to 90 and that the ratio may change accordingly, but I do think it gives us a good insight of our current server balance/activity, at least at max lvl.
Edited by Zulannie on 10/2/2012 4:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Which makes everything else in your post completely irrelevant. Thanks for creating a new thread!

I somehow doubt in the next few days a wave of alliance toons will get to lvl 90 without an equivalent number of horde and thus put us closer to faction balance.

Lots of people asked and raised questions about the population ratio on KJ those last days, some thinking of transferring over and others noticing a shift.

Given the fact the expansion is fresh and the number of max lvl alts is very low, it is a rare occasion (thanks to that website's methodology) of weighing actual population ratio at max lvl without counting alts and inactive accounts. Said ratio can and will change, but again, I highly doubt we will get to the closer to balanced numbers that we used to have.

Make of that what you will.
Edited by Zulannie on 10/2/2012 5:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/02/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Zulannie
I somehow doubt in the next few days a wave of alliance toons will get to lvl 90 without an equivalent number of horde and thus put us closer to faction balance.

this

Imbalance could also be contributed to the population serge at the start of the expansion. It's entirely possible that the people who are returning simply favor horde.
Reply Quote
There's no question that there's more horde than ally. It's pretty obvious, alliance have a hard time getting world bosses before horde because horde can round up 40+ people in an instant.

Anyways, every ally should gank any horde they ever see. The horde get mad when they lose.

Also..................................................................PIZZA RULES!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!
Edited by Kalfis on 10/2/2012 8:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Its still school season. The alliance dont have time to level up they have science projects to make still. The server is 60/40 get over it and stop crying. Also because i havent fought in a raid yet means im not on the server? So if you want to say 2-1 raider ratio than ok. Horde has always been better with numbers with raids. Most servers show this.
Edited by Deathslight on 10/3/2012 12:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
And now that there is pvp power and pvp resil, most pvpers won't get pve trinkets and weapons.
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 12:02 AMPosted by Deathslight
Its still school season. The alliance dont have time to level up they have science projects to make still. The server is 60/40 get over it and stop crying. Also because i havent fought in a raid yet means im not on the server? So if you want to say 2-1 raider ratio than ok. Horde has always been better with numbers with raids. Most servers show this.

That works both ways. The Horde is populated by a bunch of kids who don't have real life responsibilities to distract them, thus they're able to level faster. Both arguments are plausible but reach the exact opposite conclusion. Therefor, I would conclude that neither is a viable argument.

So, how about you stop attempting to talk down to people?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
No doubt that Horde outnumber Alliance, but this is a little ridiculous. You're basically saying that the only people who exist on this server are the ones who started raiding the day raids came out. People that are still leveling, getting geared for raids, or just don't intend on raiding are completely excluded from this.

Methodology
* Population - amount of level 90 characters that meet any of the two conditions:
- The character is from a guild and the guild killed something in Tier 13 content
- The character killed something in Tier 13 content

It counts the people who reached lvl 90 and who raided or were in a guild who raided any tier 13 boss. MoP raids are tier 14.

So it is to date the most accurate website keeping track of server population, that is, until people start getting lvl 90 alts. That is exactly the reason for my post: it was a unique occasion, before alts rush, to get a good idea of our server balance.
Of course there are people still leveling their first toon to 90 but as I mentioned earlier, I doubt a wave of alliance will get to 90 to help realise a myth who endured for most of Cata expansion, namely that KJ factions are balanced.

Now, on the bright side and according to the same website, KJ was as of yesterday in the top 3 of the NA servers having the most lvls 90. So even if the alliance is outnumbered almost 2 to 1, said faction is still very viable, fun and active.
Edited by Zulannie on 10/3/2012 3:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Like i said though, school is still in session. Most of the time the release is during a time where school is out and gives the alliance some time to actually level. Because its during a time school is still in session the majority of alliance players are in school and afterwards doing homework. So an accurate number wont be out for another month.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/03/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Deathslight
Like i said though, school is still in session. Most of the time the release is during a time where school is out and gives the alliance some time to actually level. Because its during a time school is still in session the majority of alliance players are in school and afterwards doing homework. So an accurate number wont be out for another month.

So what you're saying is; the majority of people who play on Alliance are in highschool, and the majority of people who play Horde are adults?

How do you come to that conclusion if I may ask?
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Deathslight

That works both ways. The Horde is populated by a bunch of kids who don't have real life responsibilities to distract them, thus they're able to level faster. Both arguments are plausible but reach the exact opposite conclusion. Therefor, I would conclude that neither is a viable argument.

So, how about you stop attempting to talk down to people?

At this point you're just making yourself look like a 19-year-old who thinks he's figured out the world.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]