Why are rogues like this?

90 Night Elf Druid
Well guys seeing how rogues are just completely.....wrong? Is that the right word for how one class is useless in all aspects of what matters for a rogue (survival,healing,damage,control)...I going to switch to this druid (a class that isn't broken)...my only question is why? Why are rogues like this I thought beta and Alpha was made so classes were NOT completely useless! Feel free to post what you think could possibly fix this broken class! :) As for now imma lvl this druid up and have some fun with a class that isn't broken!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I love posts like this.

i played a druid all the way up through cata. in DS i rolled a rogue as an alt because hey might as well get legendaries. Turns out i prefer playing the rogue a ton more than the druid, so for MoP i've switched over. Don't regret it at all.

Would I be better off playing the druid? Maybe. But I'm glad I'm not. And any legitimate complaints you may have (And you don't have as many as you think), will be fixed eventually. At some point in this xpac, rogues will be the #1 class. And at some point, they'll be at or near the bottom. It happens. Deal with it and move on.
Reply Quote
I love posts like this.

i played a druid all the way up through cata. in DS i rolled a rogue as an alt because hey might as well get legendaries. Turns out i prefer playing the rogue a ton more than the druid, so for MoP i've switched over. Don't regret it at all.

Would I be better off playing the druid? Maybe. But I'm glad I'm not. And any legitimate complaints you may have (And you don't have as many as you think), will be fixed eventually. At some point in this xpac, rogues will be the #1 class. And at some point, they'll be at or near the bottom. It happens. Deal with it and move on.

I think he IS dealing with it and moving on. That was his whole point - moving on. But if you'd like to reiterate what he already said, feel free.
Reply Quote
And while you are right, Cwitters, Blizzard will eventually fix rogues, it comes down to the sooner the better.

Some people believe that the more vocal the rogue community is, the sooner Blizzard will attempt to correct the issue - myself included. Maybe we are naive to think this way, but it sure seems more productive than waiting out the storm, and/or shunning players for complaining about it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
10/02/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Wren
Some people believe that the more vocal the rogue community is, the sooner Blizzard will attempt to correct the issue - myself included. Maybe we are naive to think this way, but it sure seems more productive than waiting out the storm, and/or shunning players for complaining about it.

We are absolutely naive to believe being vocal will make a difference. And yet, I still am...do? I still am vocal, and still do believe. God damnit, English.
Edited by Tantojutsu on 10/2/2012 5:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Rogue
10/02/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Cwitters
And any legitimate complaints you may have (And you don't have as many as you think), will be fixed eventually. At some point in this xpac, rogues will be the #1 class. And at some point, they'll be at or near the bottom. It happens. Deal with it and move on.

I'm not sure I buy it. I mean, look at how long it took em to fix warlocks from last expansion. How long did it take? Why, they never did! They just let them fester until this expansion!

Look, the first step is admitting there is a problem. The second step -- fixing it -- will roll around eventually, you are right. But before that we have to actually get Blizz to accept that there is a problem with the class.

Also I want to have fun on my rogue now and not feel like it's a waste of my time.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
And while you are right, Cwitters, Blizzard will eventually fix rogues, it comes down to the sooner the better.

here's the thing, and I guess I didn't make it clear enough in my original post: Rogues aren't that bad right now. In pve no one really knows where any class stands yet aside from some rough guesses, and rogues look ok there. In pvp they're on the short end of the stick, but that's also after quite a significant amount of time being on top.

I pvp a bit, I'll be the first to admit I'm not good at it though. Last season I was obliterating people left and right, despite not being the best out there. On my druid, I played resto in S4, and last season in pvp. One of those seasons I was untouchable. The other, a door stop. The pendulum swings all year long, people should be used to it now.

And all of that being said - if you're going to complain, and be vocal, do so in a way that's more than just "my class sucks im gonna reroll fix my class blizz". Detailing WHY you're upset with the class means something. Just flat out complaining is useless noise.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I wish people would stop saying crap like that.

Just because they had a OP season or two, does not mean they -deserve- to be weak for others.

it sort of does. Just looking at it from every OTHER classes point of view, it would seem pretty silly if 1-2 classes absolutely dominate every season.

no comment on priests or mages.

anyway, the point of that comment is, if you've had your time at the top, you should be knocked down a peg or 2 and let someone else take the crown for a bit.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
10/02/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Xiaoqing
but that's also after quite a significant amount of time being on top.

I wish people would stop saying crap like that.

Just because they had a OP season or two, does not mean they -deserve- to be weak for others.

No; but the fact that we're *always* weak at the start of an expansion should be a hint that the sky is not, in fact, actually falling and we will recover, as we always do. Usually well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
"Fotm Rogue last patch to Fotm Druid this patch" basically what i got out of this post.
Edited by Scumpy on 10/2/2012 5:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
10/02/2012 05:47 PMPosted by Scumpy
"Fotm Rogue last patch to Fotm Druid this patch" basically what i got out of this post.

Then you obviously need to do your homework on what classes are actually at the top of the food chain this patch. It sure aint druids lol.

But nah I agree. I went to help a bud out in arenas last night and yeah I know I aint wearing no super duper top of the range gear, but ill be damed if a rogue was intended to hit like a wet paper towel.

I mean warriors and their 3% of health healing every 1 second while their below 35% health. I had to line up burst 3 times to take him down in between his stuns, fears, knock downs and all other crap.
I wouldnt mind so much if I had seen his health bar move you know lol.

I think ill roll pve on my rogue this season, but as for pvp...ill retire him till blizz eventually (in 2 xpacs time) fixes them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

Would I be better off playing the druid? Maybe.

In what context do you mean? Guild need? Low rogue pop on your server? Love of the class? If you like playing a class you like playing a class.
Reply Quote
Blizzard has said multiple times that problems in earlier expansions were from listening to people complain.

So they stopped listening all together.

No, they listened to us. They actually made several changes that are based on our feedback. Some are easy to stomach, like Step available for all specs, some aren't, like Energetic Recovery moved from Recuperate to SnD (it sucks, but it had to happen). That's not to say they made everything based on our feedback.

Look for a second at our Rogue community. Do we always agree? Ye Gods NO! Not only does that mean they can't take everyones suggestions, that they can't make a game that completely satisfies every player, but it also means that they don't, and won't always agree with we players on what should be done. If you look at some (lets be honest, a lot) of the hair-brained suggestions that come out of these forums, they shouldn't. We could end up with an absolutely horrible game!

As someone who has his own ideas of where Rogues are and what should be done with them, that's very hard for me to admit, but it is also true. Our feedback does mean something, and Blizzard very definitely both listened to it and made changes due to it, but if we can't even agree with each other, we can't possibly expect Blizzard to make all the changes that would make each of us happy.

Rogues are in a tough spot, we do need some love, but lets not fault Blizzard with things they aren't guilty of.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Because I'm consistently let down by vid game devs who have MS or even a PhD in statistics I like to come to the rogue forums to read ways to better our class by those who work at call centers, or are on unemployment, and/or have huge epeens, and can't wait to jump on the next exotic cure-all fruit juice MLM.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
People just love to complain. I haven't even played my rogue since WOTLK (well I did level him to 85 in Cata but played very little if any endgame) and I love MOST of the changes they made to rogues. I love what they did with backstab, slice and dice, our glyphs, feint and our AOE abilities. I do miss "Cold blood" and some other things (why doesn't poison drip from our weapons anymore?) but I feel overall our class is a lot more fun to play than it was before.

I still think they went overboard with the nerfs though. They need to put some more thoughts into our talents and give us some well deserved buffs. Why even play this class? You can pick any other class in this game and be more useful to the people you are playing with. You'll see this class get some major buffs though soon, it just might take awhile.......and probably a year (possibly more) before we are even back up to par.
Edited by Shankzle on 10/3/2012 4:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
No; but the fact that we're *always* weak at the start of an expansion should be a hint that the sky is not, in fact, actually falling and we will recover, as we always do. Usually well.

yeah but the issue is not even dmg it is our utility/mobility/survival

yes we did crap dmg begin of Cata but at least we had our shorter CDs, our moblity and OP recup

right now we have none of it, there is virtually no department that rogues are good at atm

We're okay at PvE for the moment. Not stellar but decent enough to not hinder a raid group if they bring you over someone. Personally, we should be rock stars in PvE with the PvP nerfs we endured. After all the years of being sub par when a new expansion comes out they should have at least given us something to be good at.

...I still love how Mages have the easiest and most reliable way to do damage and control and hit like !@#$ing trucks, and Rogues got nerfed in every way possible.

I absolutely refuse to PvP on this Rogue for any reason... it is so !@#$ing broken. We are Elemental Shamans in leather, no shield, and literally poke people with daggers. Oh we can throw better now, Redirect has no CD, CPs don't get wasted as much... thanks Blizzard. You guys really brainstormed on that talent tree (kidding.)

If they want to fix Rogues make every talent they have other than Prep baseline. That's right make it baseline, and remove Prep from the equation. Think about it, all those talents together would be the utility and survivability we're looking for. They also have to come up with more talents that don't help our class that much... I think they ran out of ideas. Our openers would be really strong with all the tier one talents (too strong would need to be nerfed), T2 is good utility and a nice CD, T3 is to help with our survivability, T4 would be mobility minus Prep, T5 is more utility, T6 is !@#$ that should be baseline to begin with.
Edited by Vish on 10/3/2012 4:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]