Golden Lotus

90 Pandaren Shaman
Been 90 for three days now. Leveling to 90 I picked every Herbalism node I saw and acquired a grand total of 3 Golden Lotuses. Since hitting 90 I've yet to find one. Are they supposed to be this absurdly rare? Every flask requires one, I don't see how there can possibly be a large enough supply of flasks to keep up with demand when they are so hard to make.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
yes, you are supposed to farm spirits of harmony and turn them in for golden lotus.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
10/02/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Zachfu
yes, you are supposed to farm spirits of harmony and turn them in for golden lotus.

I hope they increase the drop rate. Golden lotus are going for 300g each on my server and Int flasks for around 400g. Spirit of Harmony is too valuable to have to waste them on herbs (in my opinion at least).
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I hope they increase the drop rate. Golden lotus are going for 300g each on my server and Int flasks for around 400g. Spirit of Harmony is too valuable to have to waste them on herbs (in my opinion at least).

True, they are valuable in general. But the golden lotus is more valuable to herbalist / alchemists, and who really wants to blow 3 SoH on a second Living Steel CD.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
It seems crazy that golden lotus is used to transmute green quality gems to blue o.O Would anyone use a) a transmute cooldown and b) a golden lotus to do this?!

wtb heartblossom equivalent for the Alch transmute.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
My herbalist is 89, has been doing pet battles all week, and has picked up 8 gold lotus. I saw less frost lotus while spam farming in WOTLK
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Overflowed my 36 Slot back 2 times so far today with only finding 2 . This IS BULL!@#$
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
10/03/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Twocoolcat
Overflowed my 36 Slot back 2 times so far today with only finding 2 . This IS BULL!@#$

When a bull tells you something is bull then it must be true
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
Spirits of Harmony seems to be the approved way. Given a exalted tillers alt, they are going to be pumping out enough motes for 4 lotus a day for 5 minutes of clicking. The price won't stay at 300g under that sort of pressure.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/03/2012 08:05 AMPosted by Jimindar
Would anyone use a) a transmute cooldown and b) a golden lotus to do this?!

That particular xmute doesn't have a cooldown.

I've done it once, and that was just to use my JC discovery for a red gem pattern. If you're not doing it to learn a new JC pattern, I wouldn't do it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
The bottleneck they created with this herb shows poor planing on their part. They REALLY need to raise the spawn rates for this herb. Asking people to exchange Motes for this herb is a bad move on Blizzards part.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Don't know about you folks, but my apparent rate of Golden Lotus to regural herbs (say any type as I casually fly through whole Pandaria), is about 200 herbs to 1 lotus.

However, in last 3 days I've magically gathered 22 Golden Lotus to only 1000 herbs... So It's my assumption you're doing it wrong. (I've not yet even traded spirits for lotus).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I found 2 the first day of xpac. Hadn't found any since (while levelling my 87 druid just on mining/herbing). After the server restart the other day, I found THREE within 15 minutes. Strangest thing...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
For what it's worth, I always find my lotuses in 'hard to find' places, leading me to wonder if there isn't a cap to the number of lotus spawned in a given zone, and then eventually (by attrition) gravitate towards the uncommon areas because nobody picks them.

Of course, it could also be RNG and confirmation bias on my part.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I found two in five levels. They were both in Jade Forest.

My JC has collected so many green raw gems I've considered vendoring them. I'm making elixirs instead of flasks. I won't waste a lotus on a flask unless it's a final raid boss.

If not for my daily living steel CD, I'd say alchemy is dead and I've thought of dropping it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]