Stone guard of Mogu'Shan Vaults

90 Human Paladin
It felt as difficult as it should have been. You should expect all t14 normals to be harder than 35% nerf Heroic Dragon Soul.

This is that point in time where the multitudes of Azeroth Saviors find out that 8/8 HM Dragon Soul post-nerf isn't a big deal.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
This boss is ALL on the tanks, Once they get the taunting of the dog down the boss will fall. Last night I did get them down in 10 man normal, The fight was rough. MY hope is for LFR that they have the boss adjusted in such a way that there is a set CD for each explosion as well as a set charge order for the dogs, we all know that how it is now 25 people that have no vent cant kill him.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/03/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Powerlad
This boss is ALL on the tanks, Once they get the taunting of the dog down the boss will fall. Last night I did get them down in 10 man normal, The fight was rough. MY hope is for LFR that they have the boss adjusted in such a way that there is a set CD for each explosion as well as a set charge order for the dogs, we all know that how it is now 25 people that have no vent cant kill him.

Agreed with the tanks. Once they figured out the taunting pattern, it was easy. It was brutal until then though, but hey, new fights, and after the boredom of DS, people were going to be rusty.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
10/03/2012 04:23 AMPosted by Rockpops
Either we lack gear or its fairly overtuned.

Because clearly those are the ONLY options right? with this sole response right here it seems to me you and/or your guild are too proud to admit you were playing extremely poorly, when random 10 man guilds on my server that I never even knew existed killed it yesterday. I don't raid until Saturday.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Remember we're coming from the patch which had MORCHOK as the first boss. Of course Stone Guard feels hard for a first boss.

Magmaw is probably a more fair comparison. That guy was pretty tough at reasonable gear levels, but once you got his mechanics down (and had gear) he would just fall over. Stone Guard is gonna work the same way.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
10/03/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Wisemuffins
Magmaw is probably a more fair comparison. That guy was pretty tough at reasonable gear levels, but once you got his mechanics down (and had gear) he would just fall over. Stone Guard is gonna work the same way.

SG definitely felt harder than magmaw. I was very happy with the way the fight turned out.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
the other mechanics arent that bad at all. btw, dont break chains until jasper is petrifying, you take 90% less jasper dmg with the debuff. *then* break them. your healers will love you. ;)

We just had all R dps and did the buddy system and never broke any of the chains. Though most won't have all R so I think your advice is awesome and I just wanted to repost it as the chains are the hard part other than the tank swapping.

In terms of tank swapping the hard part is just at the start really when you don't know which one is gonna petrif, once you get a rythm going VERY easy.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I'd say SG is a easy boss
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The first 2 seemed tuned pretty perfectly and I found both enjoyable. Only took 5-6 attempts each. Where we hit out first wall was 3rd and that should die tonight after some excellent theorycrafting by yours truly.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Took all of 1 pull with basically no foreknowledge beyond the basics of petrification. I'd say this is pretty standard first boss difficulty.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Speaking of easy bosses. How bout dem Spirit Kings. We one shot on a facepull. Silly stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/04/2012 12:55 AMPosted by Marza
Took all of 1 pull with basically no foreknowledge beyond the basics of petrification. I'd say this is pretty standard first boss difficulty.

I watched your pull and to be fair, 99% of the guilds posting in this thread including mine dealt with chains the wrong way which is really the only difficult part of the fight. You guys did it the right way the first time so you didn't have the otherwise absurd damage that a lot of other people saw. Not that the boss is hard or anything.

And someone in your raid definitely had knowledge of the fight mechanics, I heard them mention specifics about SG and the next two bosses that would not have been obvious without beta experience.
Edited by Xiic on 10/4/2012 1:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
15 Goblin Hunter
Hello do i need a quest or something for LFR on Stone guard of Mogu'Shan? cause icant use LFR, Help me please.

thank you
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Fight is tuned fine, it's a tank fight like others have said. Use your mics.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC
This fight is all about tanks getting the rhythm of the tank swaps. If you have that down all you need to kill the boss is people not standing in crap and dealing with the chains appropriately. But generally this is easier said than done.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
You shouldn't be getting any Overloads without the Petrification 90% damage reduction buff if you do the taunting right.

But if you somehow do, AMZ is stupidly OP here because of the way simultaneous events happen. AMZ will absorb 75% of the Overload damage, even though it way exceeds the total absorption limit. Personal damage reduction cooldowns and priest's Power Word: Barrier should also be used.

Basically, make sure tanks can swap correctly to avoid Overloads from non-Petrifying guardian, don't stand in bad stuff, and don't break chains unless you have Jasper petrifying.
Edited by Snaptaunt on 10/4/2012 3:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Threw our tanks in a Skype call, the stone kitties died.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
10/04/2012 03:46 AMPosted by Snaptaunt
and don't break chains unless you have Jasper petrifying

Just don't break chains. There's little to no reason to ever break them.

The only tuning issue with this fight is how absurdly more difficult it is on 25man vs 10. Not even having one of the mechanics on 10man due to only having 3 dogs is crazy simpler. Sure, the tank swapping on 25man was easier due to the dogs having energy decay, but that didn't compensate for basically twice as much ground stuff to avoid.

I'm not saying the fight is overly hard either way for a prepared group, just that considering "10s and 25s are supposed to be equal" and this being the first fight of the expansion, it was pretty surprising it went THIS far towards not being equal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]