Account wide mounts.

90 Pandaren Hunter
I had a ticket open talking with a GM about the mounts that i purchased on this toon. Than disconected after long awkwerd silence. When this expantion came out this toon was on alliance side. The only reason was because the last expantion got very borring and being a server with horde grossly out weighing alliance it made for good world pvp.

I have never leveled a toon alliance i do not play alliance except to world pvp when i get bored and there is nothing left to do. I have spent $300+ on faction changes switching back and forth for this purpose and i do not mind spending the money.

But what i do mind is not having my mounts. If i would of known mounts were going to be like this i would of spent the 45$ to activate my account and switch to horde before the patch came. Unfortinatly i had not a clue. I lost 31 mounts on this character my main character that took me hundreds of hours to farm rep, gold, honor, ect to obtain.

Now I have characters i dont even use except for professions and pvp once in a great while with all of these mounts that i could care less about. To tell me tuff !@#$ is un acceptable. If you look the first thing i did after buying MOP and re activating my account was to transfer back to horde. As i level all of my characters will be horde again.

There has to be something that can be done about all of the hours ive spent in this game to obtain these items. I do not care if any of the mounts are on alliance side as i only play it when i am completly bored and want to world pvp.

I just spent another 45$ to buy this expantion that i was loving only to go to not even wanting to log in as ive lost literally days and weeks and months of grinding because my character was in a diferent fraction when i quit playing because the game was stale.

Shurly something can be done Im not asking for mounts on both sides all i want is my mounts on my main side that i have always been on. I hope you can see were i am comming from with this I dont even want to play this game anymore as i feel i have lost literally a years worth of work.

You can delete every other toon on my account for all i care I just want my mounts on my main on horde side were he was created and leveled and played for years. The place he was xfered to the minute my account was activated again to play with all of my friends on horde side. The faction he was when he grinded all the rep and purchased the mounts.
Reply Quote
33 Blood Elf Paladin
You really need to keep up to date on patch notes and FAQs. There were blogs and posts about what would happen with mounts for ages before the change was made, then the FAQ for Faction changes also listed the change.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/faction-change-faq
When my character changes factions, what does the character lose?
Flight points will be reset and your character will receive a new list of level- and faction-appropriate flight points.
Account-wide mounts will not be exchanged for cross-faction equivalents.
Character friends and ignore lists will be reset.
An increased Conquest point cap may be lost.
Active quests will be cleared and all quest items will be destroyed, including those associated with completed quests.
Faction-specific, completed quests will be lost, and will no longer count toward any completed quests counters.
All PvP and Argent Tournament achievement progress will be reset.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I already said if i would of known i would of xfered no problem. It would of taken 10 minutes to spend the 45$ to not have this problem but I have 3 kids that live with me over the summer and i dont have time to even think about wow because they come first. As far as reading the faction change i didnt even think about it as ive done atleast 10+ faction changes in the past.
Reply Quote
33 Blood Elf Paladin
Policies change and when they do you can't pick and choose which will affect you. Sorry you are having such a hard time with this, but your only real option to have those mounts are to acquire them again on your current faction, or faction change back.

And from now on remember to ALWAYS read the FAQ before participating in service. Those FAQs change fairly frequently and it can only help you to know what has changed.
Edited by Holyångel on 10/2/2012 9:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Or just not play wow and stick with GW2. I activated MOP to check it out and spent the last few days leveling to be told im SOL. Honestly i wont put in the hours its going to take to farm all of the gold to repurchase mounts.
Reply Quote
Alright, if you are willing to quit because of a mount, then quit. This game probably isn't for you. Maybe you should play a somewhat simpler game after all.

If, that is, you take no enjoyment out of the game itself.
Edited by Nobody on 10/3/2012 12:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Why are you even posting here? Im not saying i take no enjoyment what im saying is i earned and purchased all of those mounts on horde side with this character. I spend hundreds of hours of my life to get those mounts. 31 of them not "a mount".

This isnt a matter of this game not being for me or me playing "a somewhat simpler game". This is an issue of me getting screwed out of literally days of my life because of something i had no knowledge of.
Reply Quote
95 Troll Hunter
10/03/2012 12:11 AMPosted by Rasper
This is an issue of me getting screwed out of literally days of my life because of something i had no knowledge of.

While I sympathize and understand your frustration, it's really no one's fault but your own. The FAQ was available, and you chose to not read it. And yes, I understand that you had what you thought were valid reasons not to. But, especially when new systems are put into place, it's a good idea to review the policies to be sure there weren't any changes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I kinda agree with the poster I had a rare mount that isn't attainable anymore (swift horde wolf and swift alliance steed was the equivalent) I think they should have allowed a special exception to mounts like that seeing as you can no longer get it. I just faction changed my priest and I could understand certain mounts not going over but for a mount that doesn't exist anymore to just disappear completely I don't really like the way that works.
Reply Quote
95 Troll Hunter
10/03/2012 12:28 AMPosted by Utility
for a mount that doesn't exist anymore to just disappear completely

The thing is, though... This didn't happen. That mount is still attached to your account. Any character of the appropriate faction will have access to that mount.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
If you want to see a change Utility you need to post in the correct location. In this case you need to post in General Discussion as none of the moderators on this forum have any input into policy. As a side note, the mounts that do not faction change do not disappear. As they are attached to the Battle.net account they remain available to any current or future characters of the faction they are specific to.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Alright that makes sense just kinda sad that it doesn't convert for the character its on at least kinda like the rated battleground mount does.
Reply Quote
95 Troll Hunter
We understand, believe us. ^.^
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Sucks cause I like my mechano hog :o oh welll guess ill have to buy the alliance version at some point
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
You really need to keep up to date on patch notes and FAQs. There were blogs and posts about what would happen with mounts for ages before the change was made, then the FAQ for Faction changes also listed the change.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/faction-change-faq
When my character changes factions, what does the character lose?
Flight points will be reset and your character will receive a new list of level- and faction-appropriate flight points.
Account-wide mounts will not be exchanged for cross-faction equivalents.
Character friends and ignore lists will be reset.
An increased Conquest point cap may be lost.
Active quests will be cleared and all quest items will be destroyed, including those associated with completed quests.
Faction-specific, completed quests will be lost, and will no longer count toward any completed quests counters.
All PvP and Argent Tournament achievement progress will be reset.

This.

It was all laid out, before the changes were implemented. Blizz reserves the right to change their policies, and it's OUR job to stay on top of them. It's unfortunate you lost your mounts, but Blizz took every reasonable measure to keep people informed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
The games already deleted and my authenticator thrown away. Cheers to a great expantion guys I wish i could of stuck it out with you. This thread wasnt started to become a debate about policies and who is responsible to keep up with them. It was mearly a last ditch effort to stick with a game that obviously isnt for me anymore.
Reply Quote
55 Pandaren Monk
10/03/2012 05:15 AMPosted by Rasper
The games already deleted and my authenticator thrown away. Cheers to a great expantion guys I wish i could of stuck it out with you. This thread wasnt started to become a debate about policies and who is responsible to keep up with them. It was mearly a last ditch effort to stick with a game that obviously isnt for me anymore.

That is a fairly strong reaction to content change that does not affect character progression. Especially when you have not even given the Devs enough time to discuss this or bring about a solution. Game Masters do not control the design of the game, they can only abide by the way it is designed. The developers are the ones who control these things, and you really did not even give them a chance. And to boot, you posted in a forum they do not read, so anything you have typed is not being reviewed by them. But good luck to you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]