soul reaper haste buff too short

100 Human Death Knight
pls
y u no fix dis in hawtfex
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
5 seconds is like 2 auto attacks in raids but you can use it to regen your runes faster too, whichis good but i think 10 sec would be better.
Edited by Zythek on 10/3/2012 3:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
pls
from a pvp perspective i feel like a 5 second buff that's not like, a proc, is way too short.

i felt like a big use for the spell is to use it right before people die and be able to spam howling blast like a 5 year old, and it's almost not even worth it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The spell tell us "10s", however, I noticed only 5 seconds. That sucks!
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Hunter
from a pvp perspective i feel like a 5 second buff that's not like, a proc, is way too short.

i felt like a big use for the spell is to use it right before people die and be able to spam howling blast like a 5 year old, and it's almost not even worth it.

In pvp I almost never use soul reaper because of this....

The damage would be good if health wasn't so jumpy in pvp. You can have someone at 30% and with 2 heals they're back at full or you can have someone at 50% and they can get crit for 200k by some warlock and die.

The buff is near useless. I would rather oblit and get the killing blow than SR and get a 4 sec buff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
FIXXXXXXXXXXX THISSSSSSSSS BLIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUH
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
They're too busy gouging their eyes out after reading your posts, gotta wait for new devs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to be putting SR on the target at a certain % depending on how quickly you can get them from that percent to 35%, and attempt to CC the healer during that time. You don't want to put it on when they're at 30% because its too late by then.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
But yes, to the original post, the buff is a bit too short to really make use of it for anything other than helping our runes regen.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
pls
10/03/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Hold
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to be putting SR on the target at a certain % depending on how quickly you can get them from that percent to 35%, and attempt to CC the healer during that time. You don't want to put it on when they're at 30% because its too late by then.

Well yeah but i mean in BGs i think a HUGE practical use for it is throwing it on someone who is about to die.

like i can soooo see some sexy Soul Reaper mouse overs happening so you can just hover over a name plate and BAM, 50% haste for 10 seconds
Edited by Inruins on 10/3/2012 11:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
You're right, in BGs that is really useful. At least it would be, if the buff lasted long enough to realistically use it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Honestly with the buff being this ridiculously short, is it even worth it?

Of course soul reaper is amazing on <35% bosses. But on an add that is going to die, I'd say runes would be better spent elsewhere than that pathetic buff.

I don't have any maths to back me up, but I'm just saying, this buff lasts so short.
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight
The haste is enough to refund the rune it used and two others in that 5 seconds. Not sure how 1 rune for 3 isn't a good investment.
Reply Quote
55 Troll Death Knight
You're looking at it the wrong way: You're not supposed to soul reaper when someone's HP is sub 35. It's a prediction ability. You use it when you gauge that the opponent's HP will be below 35 in 5 seconds. Obviously, if you are not good at this, you will fail alot. BUT if you are good with timing, you can seriously mess people up. I've had people get bursted from 80 to 35 within a soul reaper window and have it crit for 130k in their face.

Yup.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

In pvp I almost never use soul reaper because of this....

The damage would be good if health wasn't so jumpy in pvp. You can have someone at 30% and with 2 heals they're back at full or you can have someone at 50% and they can get crit for 200k by some warlock and die.

The buff is near useless. I would rather oblit and get the killing blow than SR and get a 4 sec buff.

I personally jack people up all the time with Soul Reaper.

You're looking at it the wrong way: You're not supposed to soul reaper when someone's HP is sub 35. It's a prediction ability. You use it when you gauge that the opponent's HP will be below 35 in 5 seconds. Obviously, if you are not good at this, you will fail alot. BUT if you are good with timing, you can seriously mess people up. I've had people get bursted from 80 to 35 within a soul reaper window and have it crit for 130k in their face.

Soooo, "All the time" for the entire week (probably less) you've had it? Mhmmmm.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
pls
bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]